Vincent Kompany: Man City quadruple a matter of time | Next year?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Its not all fun. The league is over and the league cup will be out of the way at the weekend.

This gives them a massive opportunity to win the champions league. :nervous:
You've literally watched a league one side just beat them and you're still talking like they're invincible.

Impressive.

freeurmind

weak willed
Huge credit to Anthony Taylor for heeding Pep's advice and clamping down on these dangerous tackles. Refs need to protect the players.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
There will be many MUFC fans who pray at the alter of Pep, who won't want to accept this loss.
In their own heads, Pep has already won the quadruple, 4 times over.

Castia

I love how everyone (pundits, commentators, journalists etc) seems to think City are the greatest club side to ever play the game it’s fecking bizarre.

They won nothing last year and could very well end up with just the league this season (not to take away from that, they’ve been great in the league) how are they so highly rated I don’t get it.

They’re a good team who rightly deserve the league but until they push on that’s it. According to everyone in the media you’d think it’s a 5 time winning undefeated Champions League winning side.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I love how everyone (pundits, commentators, journalists etc) seems to think City are the greatest club side to ever play the game it’s fecking bizarre.

They won nothing last year and could very well end up with just the league this season (not to take away from that, they’ve been great in the league) how are they so highly rated I don’t get it.

They’re a good team who rightly deserve the league but until they push on that’s it. According to everyone in the media you’d think it’s a 5 time winning undefeated Champions League winning side.
Well there was that fairly immense winning run they did go on, and the fact they still have a decent chance of breaking the record points total. But aye, a lot of the comments on them have been a tad preemptive all the same.

Steve the Red

Donnie Brasco

A big part of our fanbase aren't any better when it comes to this. Just look around this board in the last couple of months.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I had no idea that this thread I started had been very slowing rumbling on for 4 years!:lol:
LOL.
I thought it had been created this season.
So this "we will win the quadruple" has been running for 4 years?

Guy Incognito

A very good side, one of the best technically in England, but the w*nkfest has been ridiculous. I guess it would be for everyone unless you were a City fan. Until they win a trophy, does the plaudits count for something.

EliBar

You are laughing right now because you actually thought that Manchester city going to pull it off.

Jagga7

:lol::lol::lol: Ridiculously arrogant to think they could walk a treble or quadruple. They're no way as good as our 99 team.

Castia

Well there was that fairly immense winning run they did go on, and the fact they still have a decent chance of breaking the record points total. But aye, a lot of the comments on them have been a tad preemptive all the same.
Yeah, I agree they’ve been great in the league and if they won the title last year then id understand but coming off a trophie-less season to suddenly being the best team on the planet in the space of 7 months is crazy for me.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
A big part of our fanbase aren't any better when it comes to this. Just look around this board in the last couple of months.
You are right. And it really does irritate me.
The idea of (alleged) MUFC fans gushing over MCFC makes my blood boil. These "fans" berate our own manager/players, while bigging up the opposition.

Jacko21

It was never going to happen. If you actually believed it would? :lol: @ you.
I was certainly getting concerned.

In part because, up until tonight, they’ve been finding themselves on the right side of the margins all season and momentum is a wonderful thing in football - it propels you to success and City have had it in abundance.

I’m just glad the treble/quadruple talk has been put to bed. They’ll need to refocus now, if there are players in that squad who were fuelled by the thought of a treble, then they risk seeing a drop off in performances.

The White Pele

The quad is off and they can’t even do the treble.

It makes you appreciate just how special 99 was really.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The Chelsea team of 2007 is actually the closest anyone has got to winning the Quad. They were still in with a good chance of all 4 trophies on the 1st May.

Sylar

The Chelsea team of 2007 is actually the closest anyone has got to winning the Quad. They were still in with a good chance of all 4 trophies on the 1st May.
Didnt United in 09 win the league, get to the CL final, win the league cup and make the semi final of the FA Cup (lost on penalties to Everton...)

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Didnt United in 09 win the league, get to the CL final, win the league cup and make the semi final of the FA Cup (lost on penalties to Everton...)
Yep and obviously the closest a team has got to winning it was the 99 team who got 3/4. But in terms of the latest it’s still been possible the Chelsea team of 2007 are the closest despite not winning the CL or the PL. The United 09 team were out the cup in late April.

Jacko21

Someone should remind you they just got beaten by Wigan.

Will get spanked by a top CL team.
Guardiola will have to learn from those three consecutive semi-final defeats as Bayern manager. Particularly the one in 2014 against Madrid - his side got spanked in their own back yard and he tried some strange tactics in that tie.

Feels like this City side could come unstuck in the same manner if they don’t strike the right balance.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
A very good side, one of the best technically in England, but the w*nkfest has been ridiculous. I guess it would be for everyone unless you were a City fan. Until they win a trophy, does the plaudits count for something.
We were miles better technically in 99 and 01 than this current City side, I doubt a single player from their current side would get in a combined side.

So they are very much just hype merchants.

Cantona'sCollar

We were miles better technically in 99 and 01 than this current City side, I doubt a single player from their current side would get in a combined side.

We had better sides, but this City team is very technical. That is their biggest strength. Also I think Aguero, Silva and De Bruyne are all of that quality. Sane in a few years can be too.

SER19

That's true, about a payer getting into a combined side. Really don't think they would.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
We had better sides, but this City team is very technical. That is their biggest strength. Also I think Aguero, Silva and De Bruyne are all of that quality. Sane in a few years can be too.
They are good no doubt, but no way near the technical ability of the players in our 99 side.
Aguero would not even be on our bench as a sub striker, as we had four very good players that season, all of which were better than him.
That 99 team was unbelievably good, and had talent all over the pitch.

automaticflare

Guardiola will have to learn from those three consecutive semi-final defeats as Bayern manager. Particularly the one in 2014 against Madrid - his side got spanked in their own back yard and he tried some strange tactics in that tie.

Feels like this City side could come unstuck in the same manner if they don’t strike the right balance.
yes i think so, but i actually don't think this City squad is as good as that Bayern squad so there is actually less room for crazy rotations etc
The midfield he had on hand at Bayern was crazy good and he ended up putting Lahm in there in a weird formation which IMO destabalised the whole team especially in the big games simply because he wasn't a midfielder. Think he had MArtinez on the bench