Vincent Kompany: Man City quadruple a matter of time | Next year?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Whenever they start talking the quadruple up, they seem to lose immediately.
Magnificent.

Now lose the league cup now, even if that will make Jose smug.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Oi oi.

The League Cup is just as prestigious as the FA Cup, right guys? Asking for a friend.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It seems everyone harps on about this quadruple except for City. Guardiola has shut down the idea every single time it's been brought up. Not that that should stop any gloating... Proceed

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I really hope they get knocked early doors in one of the cups next year or it'll be another year of the media salivating over them winning

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
watching them fail is almost as delicious as watching us win. Its the media arse sucking that really annoys me, so I’m pretty happy I’ll be listening to the tears on talk sport later on :D

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Why people even got worried about this happening :lol:

Say it again Citys squad is nowhere as strong as many on here claim.

Will be a double at best, PSG beat them.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Why people even got worried about this happening :lol:

Say it again Citys squad is nowhere as strong as many on here claim.

Will be a double at best, PSG beat them.
If you say it enough times, when nights like these happen you can call it a bottle.

Never mind the fact that, like you said, their squad isn't all that.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
We’d be in the title race had it not been for that utterly freak run of results they had from December onwards.
And the utter pricks benefitting from a match postponement v Everton due to Covid concerns within the City squad, conveniently during a stretch when they were struggling and Everton likely to beat them/get a positive result.

That extended break was extremely suspicious and ultimately ensured City were suitably fresh when every other team in the league were out on their feet with fixtures.

Longshanks

We’d be in the title race had it not been for that utterly freak run of results they had from December onwards.
We would probably be in the title race if it wasnt for some poor officiating in our home game to sheff u and the absolute scandal of an opening goal city scored at home to villa. I'm not bitter though.

Anyway more on point feck off city! A billion pounds and you still cant match SAF and the 99 team!

Paul_Scholes18

Great to see them suffer. Can they implode in the league too. We should wait for the chance though and beat Burnley.

EliotTheRed

The media wank themselves silly come February over the potential quadruple so it’s even sweeter when they fail. They haven’t officially won anything this season anyway yet it’s portrayed as if it’s their God given destiny. Bloody plastic club!

Oh yeah, you love to see it and all that.

Superunknown

Strongly fancy PSG to take care of them in the CL too. Mbappe will have serious joy getting in behind them
They amount of space they had behind them was ridiculous. Chelsea could have scored at least 2 more if they were a bit better with their finishing and tighter with their runs. Can imagine Mbappe seriously ruining them if they try that again...

Chabon

Closest any English team has come to a quadruple (actually quintuple) was us in 08/09, and even after we won the league cup and were ten points clear I don’t remember anyone talking about it as a serious possibility.

Why did this become such a constant narrative around a City side who’ve never even got a CL final?

RoyH1

I think you lot are being very unreasonable. Pep hasn't had enough support from the City brass. He needs more investment in the squad, specially at the back. He's been doing magic with a shoestring budget.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Closest any English team has come to a quadruple (actually quintuple) was us in 08/09, and even after we won the league cup and were ten points clear I don’t remember anyone talking about it as a serious possibility.

Why did this become such a constant narrative around a City side who’ve never even got a CL final?
The money.

Because they too often steamroll the league, a league with so many wimpy teams that daren’t actually play them incase it results in a twatting. Media take it for granted that a run to finals and winning finals is a given, they completely forget that they often struggle against the top sides and must beat several top top sides in order to win a treble. They don’t play Palace or Southampton when they get to the business end of big cups.