Vincent Kompany: Man City quadruple a matter of time | Next year?

Trizy

The quad is still on though. Most likely won't happen though.

City favorites to win the League Cup and CL. They've a piss easy FA Cup Draw and if they get their act together they could still win the league. Liverpool will hit a dip in form, their current form is unsustainable given how shite their midfield is.

I couldn't care what they win domestically once they don't win the CL.

EasyE

The quad is still on though. Most likely won't happen though.

City favorites to win the League Cup and CL. They've a piss easy FA Cup Draw and if they get their act together they could still win the league. Liverpool will hit a dip in form, their current form is unsustainable given how shite their midfield is.

I couldn't care what they win domestically once they don't win the CL.
I keep seeing people like yourself say City are 'favourites' to win the CL. How? In what realm? They've never got past a semi. You need something other than billions to win something so prestigious as when you're near the skin of your teeth in key moments for example - you need something else. An X-factor. Fans for instance. They don't have fans. Or rather, the right fans. Can you imagine a club like that trying to muster 30 or 40 thousand rabid fans for the main event to scream their heads off? It wouldn't happen.

Trizy

I keep seeing people like yourself say City are 'favourites' to win the CL. How? In what realm? They've never got past a semi. You need something other than billions to win something so prestigious as when you're near the skin of your teeth in key moments for example - you need something else. An X-factor. Fans for instance. They don't have fans. Or rather, the right fans. Can you imagine a club like that trying to muster 30 or 40 thousand rabid fans for the main event to scream their heads off? It wouldn't happen.
Calm down mate, I'm just stating that they're the Bookies favourites. :lol:

marktan

Can't help but see anything other than quadruple sadly. League Cup final against a poor Chelsea team, almost all the big teams out of the FA Cup, tie against a rubbish Schalke team and now Liverpool choking.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Been saying a treble for weeks & stick by it. I don't think they'll manage all 4, but 3 is very possible... Only time will tell which 3.

Irwin99

Very real possibility.
Yes, sadly, although the domestic Treble is probably more realistic and I don't think has ever been done before (we nearly did it in 94 and with a bit of luck could have done it in 09). If they win the FA cup it'll be incredibly annoying as we've done a lot of the work for them in eliminating two big teams away from home :mad:

deafepl

Yes, sadly, although the domestic Treble is probably more realistic and I don't think has ever been done before (we nearly did it in 94 and with a bit of luck could have done it in 09). If they win the FA cup it'll be incredibly annoying as we've done a lot of the work for them in eliminating two big teams away from home :mad:
And to play Wolves away which is one of the best team after City. City has everyone doing dirty work for them, Chelsea played Liverpool and Spurs. English team gifting them a domestic Treble and perhaps UCL if City gets a lucky draw in the quarter-final again. Chelsea played Liverpool and Spurs before the final.

Ban

Can't help but see anything other than quadruple sadly. League Cup final against a poor Chelsea team, almost all the big teams out of the FA Cup, tie against a rubbish Schalke team and now Liverpool choking.
Well after Schalke they have some other teams to play.

padr81

Supports
Man City
We'll not win 4, given the draw in the FA Cup and a rejuvenated United in our way, we're behind in the league and the CL is not near squeaky bum time yet.

We could as easily finish with just the LC as we could with a treble. Think some sort of double is the probably the most likely outcome.

Classical Mechanic

And to play Wolves away which is one of the best team after City. City has everyone doing dirty work for them, Chelsea played Liverpool and Spurs. English team gifting them a domestic Treble and perhaps UCL if City gets a lucky draw in the quarter-final again. Chelsea played Liverpool and Spurs before the final.
Not to mention that totally corrupt offside call when Hazard was through on goal in the last minute. That was so on top it was untrue. Phoney offside and when the lino has no right to be waving for it anyway when they have VAR.

Trizy

Is there a better time to win it? They're obviously a fantastic team but..

CL - Everyone has declined. Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus.. not exactly brilliant this year.
League - Arsenal, Chelsea and United are all shite. Spurs are Spurs and Liverpool are their only contender and they're not exactly unstoppable.
League Cup - Handy draws
FA Cup - Handy draws

Escape Goat

Supports
Forest
I think they'll do the domestic cup double. Scum will win the league.
Nah, Klopp still hasn't realised they can't play at that intensity all season without the winter break they have in Germany, without having much more strength in depth.

They already look knackered, City will win the league by 5+ points.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
This is the year for the greatest team British Isles have ever seen.
Jokes aside, they're already the best team I've seen in the UK. Ourselves & Spurs are lucky to be so close to them, but I still reckon they'll win the league pretty comfortably in the end.

Revan

Assumptionman
All funded by Abu Dhabi, are you sure we don't want Saudi investment....
Why do people think that the reason some of us don't want Saudis here has nothing to do with how good we will be in pitch under them. Yep, even an idiot would know that we will be doing better in the pitch with a sugar daddy (especially the richest sugar daddy of them all) than without one. Maybe the reason we don't want them is something else. Try to think about it.

MadMike

All funded by Abu Dhabi, are you sure we don't want Saudi investment....
Yep, pretty sure. Our funding has been pretty close to theirs the last 3 seasons. Bad investments and wrong managers is what cost us, not underspending.

Trizy

Yep, pretty sure. Our funding has been pretty close to theirs the last 3 seasons. Bad investments and wrong managers is what cost us, not underspending.
They shouldn't even have 50m revenue nevermind 500m+. That's a story for a different topic though.

I do agree on your point on our funding though. It's easy blame the managers but its the fecking board who is recruiting them. Imagine any corporate company pissing away half a billion and losing productivity? Heads would roll.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah I fancy PSG to win the CL. They should have Cavani n Neymar back for the next round too. No way we are turning that tie around with the aggregate score, Injuries and no Pogba. In fact I'd be tempted to chuck the towel in now and concentrate on 4th and the cup. The CL was always a pipe dream this year. We aren't ready.

Treble

It's not completely unrealistic but it's too early to think about that. Their season might collapse come the quarters of the CL, the FA Cup semi and the the games against Spurs and us when they will have to play like 5 hard games within 2 weeks. Their squad is of great quality but not big enough. Only Wolves have used fewer players in the league this season - 21.

RochaRoja

They won't win the CL. PL, LC and FA Cup is the shit treble which no-one will give a feck about.
It’s not THE treble but it’d obviously be an achievement. No men’s team has ever won the domestic treble in English football.

City are basically in the position now where anything other than winning at least the league and CL double is considered a failure. The curse of Guardiola.

Minimalist

Think CL is the one they’ll fail at. FA Cup you’d assume is us or them at this stage.

I would expect them to win the league though. Miles better than that Liverpool side and they looked it when they beat them.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
They've been insanely lucky with their cup ties, just looking at who's likely to be left in the FA Cup and UCL after the next rounds

Roma/Porto
PSG
Spurs
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Bayern/Liverpool
Atletico

Dont be surprised if they get Roma or Porto in the QF's

Watford/Palace
Wolves/Man Utd
Millwall/Brighton

Again nailed on to get one of Watford/Palace/Millwall or Brighton. I really hope if we progress we get them in the Semi's

They've won the league cup, favourites for the FA Cup and League, just got to hope someone does them in Europe eventually