Vincent Kompany: Man City quadruple a matter of time | Next year?

Irrational.

We will beat them in the fa cup final.
I think so too.

They'll win with PL and have the league cup in the bag. I can't see them winning the CL.

For the bestest team to grace the PL they'll be in the same position they were at the end of last season.

They were a Kepa hissy fit away from possibly losing the league cup last night, I don't see much improvement in that team.

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
We won't win the league. Yesterday COULD have killed us in that respect with losing Laporte and Fernandinho, 2 of the only players we don't have like for like replacements of. If we somehow manage to get through West Ham at home and Bournemouth away, I'll reassess this but at the moment I just can't see that.

The quadruple will never be done. It's too difficult no matter how much money you spend on a squad. I'd be happy if we could add an FA Cup to what we won yesterday. Liverpool are having a freak season where a lot is going for them.

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
I think so too.

They'll win with PL and have the league cup in the bag. I can't see them winning the CL.

For the bestest team to grace the PL they'll be in the same position they were at the end of last season.

They were a Kepa hissy fit away from possibly losing the league cup last night, I don't see much improvement in that team.
That'd be a terrible season......:rolleyes:

Red4Ever

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel
We won't win the league. Yesterday COULD have killed us in that respect with losing Laporte and Fernandinho, 2 of the only players we don't have like for like replacements of. If we somehow manage to get through West Ham at home and Bournemouth away, I'll reassess this but at the moment I just can't see that.

The quadruple will never be done. It's too difficult no matter how much money you spend on a squad. I'd be happy if we could add an FA Cup to what we won yesterday. Liverpool are having a freak season where a lot is going for them.

That’s not the spirit mate

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
They've been insanely lucky with their cup ties, just looking at who's likely to be left in the FA Cup and UCL after the next rounds

Roma/Porto
PSG
Spurs
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Bayern/Liverpool
Atletico

Dont be surprised if they get Roma or Porto in the QF's

Watford/Palace
Wolves/Man Utd
Millwall/Brighton

Again nailed on to get one of Watford/Palace/Millwall or Brighton. I really hope if we progress we get them in the Semi's

They've won the league cup, favourites for the FA Cup and League, just got to hope someone does them in Europe eventually
I agree that they've had piss easy domestic cup games but the CL draw so far has nothing to do with luck. Win the league, be in pot 1, have an easier group, win it and be seeded for the next round.

Not aimed at you directly but seen quite a few claim that they've been lucky with the CL draws this season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I agree that they've had piss easy domestic cup games but the CL draw so far has nothing to do with luck. Win the league, be in pot 1, have an easier group, win it and be seeded for the next round.

Not aimed at you directly but seen quite a few claim that they've been lucky with the CL draws this season.
Well their group was pretty easy wasn't it? And of the teams they could have played in this round they got the easiest even if Roma or Ajax wouldn't of been a massive test either (they could have been unlucky and got Atletico)

Skills

Snitch
We'll win the FA Cup. PSG Champions League.

They'll do the League Cup and PL double again.

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
That’s not the spirit mate
I'd obviously love to be wrong but there's just that niggling doubt. Everything has gone Liverpool's way this season. They've played Leicester with no striker, Spurs with no goalie, Palace with no goalie, Pickford's thrown one in his net in the 96th minute, you lot had to make 3 subs in the first half an hour and that's not even taking into account the decisions they've had.

Samid

Well their group was pretty easy wasn't it? And of the teams they could have played in this round they got the easiest even if Roma or Ajax wouldn't of been a massive test either (they could have been unlucky and got Atletico)
It was easy because they were in pot 1. The toughest groups all featured English teams because these were in pot 2/3 and got paired with teams from pot 1. City couldn't be paired with other English teams.

They got one of the easier teams from pot 2 (Shakhtar) but one of the tougher from pot 3 (Lyon).

In this round they had 75 % chance of playing Schalke, Roma or Ajax. 25 % for Atletico. They would have cakewalked any of the first three. When you have 75 % probability of getting a favorable draw, it's not lucky if you get one.

Easy isn't the same as lucky.

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
It's not an improvement on the last season though, it it?* :D

*Comment may have been made tongue-in-cheek, I would love to be in your position.:angel:
I'd take retention of trophies all day of the week. Consistency in a league that hasn't had any for over 10 years now.

I also can't see any English club winning the League and Champions League double for a long time. That is a massive achievement. Both competitions are too intense now to do it especially when there is 18 other teams in the league that at any point can give you a black eye

Red4Ever

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel
I'd obviously love to be wrong but there's just that niggling doubt. Everything has gone Liverpool's way this season. They've played Leicester with no striker, Spurs with no goalie, Palace with no goalie, Pickford's thrown one in his net in the 96th minute, you lot had to make 3 subs in the first half an hour and that's not even taking into account the decisions they've had.

They are nervous as hell
Hope their luck runs out

Samid

You cnuts have only got yourselves to blame. Why the feck let Mahrez, who has a dodgy penalty record, take a decisive one in added time at their place? That would have been a 3 point swing and the dippers would have crumbled soon after. For far too long they were getting results simply because they were living in their invincible bubble.

reddaz71

Why do people think that the reason some of us don't want Saudis here has nothing to do with how good we will be in pitch under them. Yep, even an idiot would know that we will be doing better in the pitch with a sugar daddy (especially the richest sugar daddy of them all) than without one. Maybe the reason we don't want them is something else. Try to think about it.
Morals? Politics? Race? Thats a totally different debate

Revan

Assumptionman
Morals? Politics? Race? Thats a totally different debate
The first two, I don't care about race (I wouldn't want for example United to be owned by Donald Trump or George W Bush even if they would spend a lot of money in us).

It is not an entirely a different debate IMO, it is the only debate. People who are against Saudis for most part are against them cause they don't want us to be associated with a brutal regime. It has nothing to do with what would happen in the pitch, pretty much everyone with a couple of functional cell brains would admit that it is very likely that we will win more and have better players if owned by them than by current regime. I mean, we pay around 50m in interest payments and dividents (though likely we would have payed quite more in taxes if we didn't have the debt), while with Saudis we likely wouldn't be doing so, and instead they would be putting 100m or whatever in the club for year. It doesn't take a genius to realize that if we spend 100-200m more for each year, we would be more successful. The thing is, the rest of us who don't want Saudis to buy United have that standing based on things which have nothing to do with Saudis' potential investment at United.

Emptihead

Supports
Manchester City
You cnuts have only got yourselves to blame. Why the feck let Mahrez, who has a dodgy penalty record, take a decisive one in added time at their place? That would have been a 3 point swing and the dippers would have crumbled soon after. For far too long they were getting results simply because they were living in their invincible bubble.
Was worried that penalty decision and miss would cost us. But now I think the pressure of leading by so many and dropping points may really hurt them in the final bit of the season they are playing scared.

RochaRoja

I think so too.

Champions?

And nine times out of ten, City beats United. They are miles better than anyone else in England.

RochaRoja

Quit with the fake modesty. You’ll beat West Ham and Bournemouth at a canter and are clear favourites for the league.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Hopefully their luck will run out. Ironically, liverpool were a better team last year. They've scraped wins multiple times this season.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Hopefully their luck will run out. Ironically, liverpool were a better team last year. They've scraped wins multiple times this season.
The fact they're scraping those wins is what makes them a better team though. I see what you're saying, Liverpool's peak last season was immense and when they were at their best they were frighteningly good. They're less exciting now and their front three don't seem to be as dynamic anymore but they more than make up for that with their defensive improvement. Allison alone makes them a comfortably better side than they were last season.

charlenefan

I remember when we were going for the treble in 08 and that fecking FA Cup tie against Porstmouth when we were the better side and denied a blatant penalty. That's all it takes to be dumped out of a competition, City are going to need everything to go their way

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
We'll win one more. Any talk of a quadruple has always driven me up the wall.

I can't see us winning the Champions League simply because we're not savvy enough, and Liverpool will likely have a clear run at the league once the CL quarter-finals are under way so the league title looks a little further away now. That leaves the FA Cup - of the teams left in the competition we're probably the best one, so it will likely be that. And that'd be great.

charlenefan

City are cursed in the UCL, they'll never win it