Vinicius Junior

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He is just a 18 years old. Is not even adapted to europe. Why are you using Robinho as example? I watched Robinho with 18 years and he was a fragile kid with a weak body. Its a lazy comparison.
They are not similar at all. You realize it was the same thing they used to say about Neymar until 2015?

Vinicius is an excellent finisher. He is not showing it right now probably because he is scared to death with the responsibility of that heavy shirt. Also he is a wide striker and always scored more from central positions, but he will find his way there, and if he is not good enough everybody will see, but Robinho is the laziest comparison possible.
Excellent finisher is an exaggeration in fact I think that is his weakest trait. I say Robinho because both are skillful youngster who came to Madrid young. Both are flashy players and I think Junior will head the same route in Madrid as Robinho did.

When Neymar came I did not at all think we was Robinho they were very very different Neymar is the one who actually was an excellent finisher and had much better end product.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You're always going to have these comparisons, they have very similar circumstances in that they both came to Madrid from Brazil, and both had a relatively good start with the club. Robinho came out and put on a show his first few games. He's had a really good career, maybe not to the level of hype he was getting being called the next Pele etc but you always get these ridiculous hype with any new Brazilian wonderkid.

No one knows how Vinicius will develop, but physically he can become a beast in a way Robinho couldn't. He's not the biggest guy by any stretch of the imagination, but he looks like he has a great core strength and has the frame to put on more size if need be, on top of his technical ability but above all he shows a lot of awareness (mixed in with the odd selfish decisions a guy of his talent will always make). I think Madrid was really astute to go for him so early, and it looks like it will pay off. There's always a cautionary tale about too much, too soon for some Brazilians but everybody is their own man and I think between him, Sancho, Mbappe, and Dembele (among others) there are some incredible youngsters coming through to fill up the void at the end of the Messi/CR7 era.

Charles Miller

Excellent finisher is an exaggeration in fact I think that is his weakest trait. I say Robinho because both are skillful youngster who came to Madrid young. Both are flashy players and I think Junior will head the same route in Madrid as Robinho did.

When Neymar came I did not at all think we was Robinho they were very very different Neymar is the one who actually was an excellent finisher and had much better end product.
I said he is an excellent finisher based in what i saw since the U-17. He obviously is not finishing well at Real Madrid so far, but its probably a problem of confidence, because if he were a player that can't even shoot the ball when nobody is marking him like happened against Barcelona, Real Madrid would never sign him.

He had 13 apps so far CL/La Liga/Copa del Rey, sometimes coming from the bench and scored 04 goals and some assists. Cristiano Ronaldo between 2001 and 2003 scored 05 goals in 31 games for Sporting. Of course Vinicius will never come close to Ronaldo, but my point is we cant never know if those young flair players will develop into goal scorers or something different.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I said he is an excellent finisher based in what i saw since the U-17. He obviously is not finishing well at Real Madrid so far, but its probably a problem of confidence, because if he were a player that can't even shoot the ball when nobody is marking him like happened against Barcelona, Real Madrid would never sign him.

He had 13 apps so far CL/La Liga/Copa del Rey, sometimes coming from the bench and scored 04 goals and some assists. Cristiano Ronaldo between 2001 and 2003 scored 05 goals in 31 games for Sporting. Of course Vinicius will never come close to Ronaldo, but my point is we cant never know if those young flair players will develop into goal scorers or something different.
2002. The rest I agree with you. I mean how many 18 year old players start for Real Madrid usually?Makes no sense to writeoff players based on 90 minutes. The same for Sancho or De Jong.He made the assist to Benzema ffs.

Charles Miller

He was Brazil's most hyped youngster between R9 and Neymar.
No he was not. He was just funny and loved. Robinho was from the same generation as Ronaldinho Gaucho, Kaka and Adriano. Nobody never thought Robinho was the better among them.

SportingCP96

Supports

Keep in mind though I am not writing him off in fact I enjoy watching him play he plays as if he is in the streets with his mates I’m just saying what I think but Robinho had a pretty good career considering the fact so if he had a career like his it certainly would not be a bad thing.

Charles Miller

2002. The rest I agree with you. I mean how many 18 year old players start for Real Madrid usually?Makes no sense to writeoff players based on 90 minutes. The same for Sancho or De Jong.He made the assist to Benzema ffs.
I watched some games and his finishing at Madrid are pathetic sometimes. This is why i said its probably confidence since he is a 18 years old and he used to have be calm in those situations. He is also more a wide striker. If you see his goals in Brazil were more in position of 9. He obviously have no status to do that in the Real Madrid yet.

the_irish123

I watched some games and his finishing at Madrid are pathetic sometimes. This is why i said its probably confidence since he is a 18 years old and he used to have be calm in those situations. He is also more a wide striker. If you see his goals in Brazil were more in position of 9. He obviously have no status to do that in the Real Madrid yet.
I see you obsess with this wide striker thing. In top level football, you either are a winger that helps the team, or a striker. You can't just not expect to track back and run a lot. I think the only guy who escaped this was Ronaldo but he was older and he was Ronaldo.

Charles Miller

Keep in mind though I am not writing him off in fact I enjoy watching him play he plays as if he is in the streets with his mates I’m just saying what I think but Robinho had a pretty good career considering the fact so if he had a career like his it certainly would not be a bad thing.
Yep Robinho was fun to watch at some point. Mas era um jogador de pelada.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Are you Brazilian ? E sim o Robinho era divertido de ver jogar tinha uma habilidade acima de média.
For you maybe.

Every time he played vs Chile he would tear us a new one. :lol:
Jogo bonito at it's best. (they actually made a jogo bonito ad featuring Chile)
edit: :lol:Jogo bonito died when he left the Scratch.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
For you maybe.

Every time he played vs Chile he would tear us a new one. :lol:
Jogo bonito at it's best. (they actually made a jogo bonito ad featuring Chile)
edit: :lol:Jogo bonito died when he left the Scratch.

This dribble was so disrespectful :lol:

RooneyLegend

As I said earlier he has Robinho kind of career written all over him. That’s not to say he is bad btw love players who can skin defenders but don’t see him as a player who will put forward ridiculous numbers in years to come.
Why? He has world class productive attacker written all over him. Can't say I see a single similarity with him and Robinho.

RooneyLegend

Yeah I have no idea why people talk about his career like it was a dissapointment.
He didn't achieve what was expected of him. Just like Cassano and Anelka he didn't have a bad career but far from the world beaters they were projected to be.

Schneckerl

No he was not. He was just funny and loved. Robinho was from the same generation as Ronaldinho Gaucho, Kaka and Adriano. Nobody never thought Robinho was the better among them.
Yes, he was more hyped than all of them. Not even close. The way their transfers went along proofs it.

Fenomeno9

I don’t remember them being as hype as Robinho though.

Schneckerl

I don’t remember them being as hype as Robinho though.
It's hindsight bias. Just look at where their transfer fees rank in the season they happened.
Robinho was the 6th most expensive getting transfered to be biggest club in the World. Adriano and Kaka weren't Top 30, Ronaldinho not even Top 100.

Jeffthered

First time I watched both V Junior and De Jong last night.

Both looked like quality and, importantly, distinct talents... V Junior looks a handful, and is so quick.. but light on his feet. To be influencing games at 18 for Real Madrid.. wow.

And you can tell his team mates value him, massively...

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
If nothing strange happens, the guy is going to be a big star, no doubt.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He was brilliant and cost them the match at the same time.

Participated a lot and was involved in lots of chances but he’s way too wasteful and at this level not being clinical ends up costing matches.

Huge talent though, if he manages to become sharper in front of goal he’s going to be something really special.

Will Madrid buy Hazard anyway now?? They surely can’t bench Vinicius after what he’s been doing and they both play on the same side. They probably should go after someone that plays on the right.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Just a couple months, and the Spanish press are already starting the "He's good but can't score" articles.

This can be his biggest problem, at some point one journalist will point out that you should expect goals from a 50M transfer, no matter how good he is, and then it's open season on him every game, dividing the press like Isco, James or many others have done before.

He has the right mentality and seems mature enough to deal with football problems, but the media in Madrid is fierce, even if he has been excelent lately in everything bar finishing/making the right pass, you can see why Lopetegui was reluctant to give him this amount of exposure. A couple of important games like yesterday and the vultures will turn on him without regret.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Same chance from different angles (ignore the text):

Didn't see the game but from the reactions here I'm guessing he needs to know when the right time is to stop the skills and like Ishdalar said he needs to start sccoring more.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Just a couple months, and the Spanish press are already starting the "He's good but can't score" articles.

This can be his biggest problem, at some point one journalist will point out that you should expect goals from a 50M transfer, no matter how good he is, and then it's open season on him every game, dividing the press like Isco, James or many others have done before.

He has the right mentality and seems mature enough to deal with football problems, but the media in Madrid is fierce, even if he has been excelent lately in everything bar finishing/making the right pass, you can see why Lopetegui was reluctant to give him this amount of exposure. A couple of important games like yesterday and the vultures will turn on him without regret.
Even if there've been comments I don't think the media are focusing on that. I read one header, "Vinicius is alone", another one, "Vinicius is not to blame".

Other articles say that the best ones at Madrid were Vinicius (18) and Reguilon (22).

The main question at stake at Madrid now is why Bale, Marcelo and Isco were not starting yesterday vs Barcelona, and most important, why has that been the case the whole season.

stygg

I wouldn't mind this front four in a couple of years...

Rashford
Vinicius Jr - Havertz - Sancho​

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Even if there've been comments I don't think the media are focusing on that. I read one header, "Vinicius is alone", another one, "Vinicius is not to blame".

Other articles say that the best ones at Madrid were Vinicius (18) and Reguilon (22).

The main question at stake at Madrid now is why Bale, Marcelo and Isco were not starting yesterday vs Barcelona, and most important, why has that been the case the whole season.
Maybe I'm reading too much between lines, most articles praise him but have started including some "buts", again, when those vultures start with the "buts" is because they can smell blood so they position themselves for an "I told you so" if things go back. The only thing Spanish press loves more than creating a star, is bashing on one.

Isco has to be something personal with the coach, getting behind even Ceballos on the list. Marcelo and Bale are just being used as scapegoats for the inminent change of era, a club that defended Benzema or Ronaldo against any criticism in the last decade is letting the squad talk about how Bale goes to play golf or how Marcelo has to work harder. No wonder those two might feel belittled in the current situation, they've been clutch and they don't get 1/10th of the patience Florentino had with other Galacticos.

Then again, seeing how he got rid of Ronaldo at the first chance he could, Bale and Marcelo probably assume that if the icon is let go that way, they'll get 0 honours and no respect unless they play 50 games at the level their wages demand.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Same chance from different angles (ignore the text):

Didn't see the game but from the reactions here I'm guessing he needs to know when the right time is to stop the skills and like Ishdalar said he needs to start sccoring more.
He did everything right but finish. Not a stepover or skill too many.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
@carvajal @GatoLoco @Vato @giorno

Do you guys still want Hazard in the summer with Vinicius playing this well? Don't think they'd fit in the same starting eleven.

Any rumours on how the summer transfer window will go?
I asked myself and wrote something similar a while ago but I can not find it.

Yes, I still want him but mainly because he wants to play in Madrid. He has expressed it very clearly and I would be sorry for him.
As I said, it's a kind of acquired fan commitment.

I think this time his signing is a priority .
The press said that the transfer ban may be an impediment, but also name Pulisic, as a reason to trust.
You know that Madrid don't always sign according the needs of the squad.
Maybe Hazard in the center or another system instead of the 4-3-3 on which many hypotheses are based.
In any case if I only had a signing (not counting Mbappé) would be Kane.