Vinicius Junior

MrEleson

When he first joined Madrid, I was worried he would turn out to be another Robinho. Some brilliance here and there but never quite taking the step to that next level. However, he’s been such a revelation this season. His improvement in his decision making and end product has been meteoric. Everything just seems to click for him right now.

Long may it continue as players with his flair and trickery on the ball a rare breed in this day and age.

SAFMUTD

He's been impressive this season, he was always skillful and fast but that last touch or shot was abysmal. Maybe it's Ancelotti or he matured but he's been superb and right now it's the second best player in la Liga just besides Benzema.

Still only 21 years old, so lots of time for improvement.

Cloud7

It’s great to see a proper entertainer rising in the game again. They’re so few and far between these days.

Idxomer

Best winger/inside forward in the world this season with Salah.

MNG2646

Supports
Real Madrid
This kid played like a brianless chicken for 2 seasons then boom comes this season and plays like a world class winger.
kid is 21 if he keeps this up him and Mbappe on the same team will be a joy to watch.

BerryBerryShrew

This kid played like a brianless chicken for 2 seasons then boom comes this season and plays like a world class winger.
kid is 21 if he keeps this up him and Mbappe on the same team will be a joy to watch.
Any time I watched him I thought he was the opposite of brainless- I felt he was an intelligent decision maker but just lacked composure. That was always likely to come with age. Fantastic talent in fairness.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Times his runs very well and becoming a very good finisher. Intelligent passing too at times. If Benzema can keep his level up then putting Vinicius and Mbappé either side of him would be very scary

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Times his runs very well and becoming a very good finisher. Intelligent passing too at times. If Benzema can keep his level up then putting Vinicius and Mbappé either side of him would be very scary
I have the feeling Mbappe doesn't fit in. Vinicius is clearly best on the left, Mbappe is either a striker or a LF. They would probably need to play with two strikers or drop one of Benzema or Vinicius from the starting line up which is obviously not going to happen. Even as a mid term Benzema replacement it doesn't really fit.

Moreover, I might be in the minority but I think Vinicius is more talented than Mbappe.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I have the feeling Mbappe doesn't fit in. Vinicius is clearly best on the left, Mbappe is either a striker or a LF. They would probably need to play with two strikers or drop one of Benzema or Vinicius from the starting line up which is obviously not going to happen. Even as a mid term Benzema replacement it doesn't really fit.

Moreover, I might be in the minority but I think Vinicius is more talented than Mbappe.
Mbappé has played a lot on the right and done very well there. The question I suppose would be whether he is happy to play there or not but if he is that front line would be devastating.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
That he'd be the best player in the world by the age of 23?
Salah and Lewandoski are better than him, by now.
But by 25 he should be the best in the world for sure.

His record in UCL is extremely impressive, if he maintains his goal ratio he is gonna end up only behind Cristiano and Messi in the top scorer list.
Most of the players ahead of him on the list are retired(Henry, Shevchenko, Del Piero, Van Nistelrooy, Inzaghi, Drogba,etc) and the difference is less than 30 goals, while Mbappé is only 23.

He is top 5 player in the world by now, will be the best in a couple of years for sure.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Mbappe is nowhere near the best player in the world.
Really? I think he could finish the season as the best player in the world. It takes a good run in the CL (against all odds to be fair), and him lighting up the world cup with Benzema. He's been carrying PSG this season, and he's clicking into form, he's scoring and assisting, and he had the second most goals scored in 2021.

He's very close, but there's other names out there too.

MNG2646

Supports
Real Madrid
As long as he is a PSG player no matter what he does in french league his season and how people rate him comes down only to CL. and i think it's the main reason he wants to leave PSG. performing in Laliga and Prem has way more reward compared to league 1.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
As long as he is a PSG player no matter what he does in french league his season and how people rate him comes down only to CL. and i think it's the main reason he wants to leave PSG. performing in Laliga and Prem has way more reward compared to league 1.
Yeah, he isn't winning Ballon D'or while playing in Ligue 1, unless he wins the UCL with PSG.

Moving to Spain or England will boost his league performances.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Salah and Lewandoski are better than him, by now.
But by 25 he should be the best in the world for sure.

His record in UCL is extremely impressive, if he maintains his goal ratio he is gonna end up only behind Cristiano and Messi in the top scorer list.
Most of the players ahead of him on the list are retired(Henry, Shevchenko, Del Piero, Van Nistelrooy, Inzaghi, Drogba,etc) and the difference is less than 30 goals, while Mbappé is only 23.

He is top 5 player in the world by now, will be the best in a couple of years for sure.
Main paragraph is mad when you think about it. Him and Haaland will be fun to watch as the next 2 players climbing that leaderboard

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Really? I think he could finish the season as the best player in the world. It takes a good run in the CL (against all odds to be fair), and him lighting up the world cup with Benzema. He's been carrying PSG this season, and he's clicking into form, he's scoring and assisting, and he had the second most goals scored in 2021.

He's very close, but there's other names out there too.
For me he just can't truly convince me based on his domestic form. It's a second rate league at best. Just like I'd never give the title to a player in the Dutch league these days. He'd have to do all of the above in Europe/Internationals plus be the best in La Liga, Premier League or Bundesliga for me to give him that title.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
For me he just can't truly convince me based on his domestic form. It's a second rate league at best. Just like I'd never give the title to a player in the Dutch league these days. He'd have to do all of the above in Europe/Internationals plus be the best in La Liga, Premier League or Bundesliga for me to give him that title.
Bundesliga isn't on the same level of La Liga or Premier League.And it certainly isn't much better than Ligue 1, only 1 german team has gotten out of CL group stage this season : Bayern Munich.

Mbappé is going to Bundesliga, not worth it for a player his quality, unless it's Bayern Munich

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Bundesliga isn't on the same level of La Liga or Premier League.And it certainly isn't much better than Ligue 1, only 1 german team has gotten out of CL group stage this season : Bayern Munich.

Mbappé is going to Bundesliga, not worth it for a player his quality, unless it's Bayern Munich
I agree it's not on the same level, but still much better than Ligue 1. If a player did really well in Bundesliga then I think they could be considered the best in the world. Especially at Bayern. Just my opinion.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He has proven himself this season. He is no longer a prospect, just a great player. And he can still improve.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Well that's, like, your opinion man. For what it's worth, he was second in scoring last year in the CL and nobody has made more assists than him in the competition over the last 3 years. There just isn't a stage where he hasn't dominated and those other leagues won't be any different.

I do find it funny when people mention the Bundesliga though, since I find it much easier to score there than in Ligue 1, which is a far more defensive league. You don't see 3 players topping a goal/game in Ligue 1 like you do the in the Bundesliga for example.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Any time I watched him I thought he was the opposite of brainless- I felt he was an intelligent decision maker but just lacked composure. That was always likely to come with age. Fantastic talent in fairness.
Yup, he lacked composure and now some of his finishes have been insane this season. It might appear as something small but it makes a world of difference, everyone is delighted with him and Benzema but people still want Mbappe on the team. :drool:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Tonight shows he's very much still a work in progress.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He kept real in tie by being their only dangerous player in the first half.

He always skins his FB at least twice a game.

DevTheRed

His all round game is a lot better than I thought, real quality player.. still only 21 too!