Vinicius Junior

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Oh look, another racial abuse apologist in Spanish football. What a dickhead.

istripador

Don’t understand why this seems to have become a transfer thread - I don’t think there is any indication that he wants to leave. I do think Spain and Italy have issues to address, and I say that as someone who has lived in Spain (Seville) and has an Italian girlfriend. People are friendly and warm, but I think casual racism is more of a thing — and in part I think it’s because both countries until recently have largely been untouched by high levels of immigration, and therefore, still seem susceptible to holding outdated and inaccurate views. Some of it is innocent naivety and some of it is rather more sinister.

More specifically, what goes on in football stadiums is particularly disgusting and upsetting, and the response from the authorities continues to underwhelm. I think that’s partially a result of the issue not having as much traction in Spanish/Italian society, as would like have in USA/Germany/UK etc.
Italy and spain are Latin societies.
USA/Germany/UK are germanic societies

cafecillos

Yep, Reina is a proper cnut. The typical "funny" guy that will try to convince the turkeys to vote for Christmas, despite not being a turkey himself. I hate those people with a passion.

Cloud7

Oh look, another racial abuse apologist in Spanish football. What a dickhead.

What is it with these people? It's like they're all reading from the same script.

"They aren't racist, the player provoked them and they decided that the best way to respond was by shouting racist things. If he didn't provoke them they would not have been racist."

What kind of crazy thinking is that? That's like a textbook definition of looking for an excuse to justify being racist

RoyH1

What is it with these people? It's like they're all reading from the same script.

"They aren't racist, the player provoked them and they decided that the best way to respond was by shouting racist things. If he didn't provoke them they would not have been racist."

What kind of crazy thinking is that? That's like a textbook definition of looking for an excuse to justify being racist
Deeply troubling the sheer number of journalists and players in Spain that thinks this is ok. Absolutely bonkers. Their idea of what racism is absolutely puerile.

mitChley

A lot of white people telling black people what racism is, as normal.

Tarrou

just goes to show how entrenched the racism is when you see statements like that from Reina, just completely tone-deaf

you'd at least think he'd have the sense to just shut the feck up if he has nothing good to say

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
I miss Niemann's analysis of all these matters.

They call him Phantos and Protogonos because he became the first one visible in Aither.
(Ἐτυμολογικὸν Μέγα, "φαντός")

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Has been Niemans totally banned? Or has he only returned to the newbies?

Snatcho 2

Supports
Most spanish sides.
Vinicius will not play in Sevilla. There are rumours that Real Madrid have been pressured by the Spanish government to avoid a scandal at Sevilla's stadium that would be damaging to the country's public relations.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Vinicius will not play in Sevilla. There are rumours that Real Madrid have been pressured by the Spanish government to avoid a scandal at Sevilla's stadium that would be damaging to the country's public relations.
Would be scandalous if true. And probably more damaging to Spain's reputation than anything that could happen in that game.

What a fecking trainwreck. They really have absolutely no clue how the outside world views racism. Mindblowing.

Cloud7

Crazy that they don’t think pressuring Madrid to not play the player isn’t damaging to their image either. I would argue that them trying to deal with it by sweeping it under the carpet is one of the most damaging ways they can handle it.

Also how did you get a tag that says you support most Spanish sides

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Well you see, they are racist. So they will use whatever tried and true tactics to defend it
Deeply troubling the sheer number of journalists and players in Spain that thinks this is ok. Absolutely bonkers. Their idea of what racism is absolutely puerile.
The "ignorance" defence is an excuse, don't fall for it. They know full well what is and isn't racist, they just want to be openly racist and get away with it, so they invent excuses, deflections, etc
just goes to show how entrenched the racism is when you see statements like that from Reina, just completely tone-deaf

you'd at least think he'd have the sense to just shut the feck up if he has nothing good to say
It isn't tone deaf at all. Reina is a racist. He knows exactly what he's doing

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
This would be so stupid. If I was Real I‘d have him start and make him captain. Then, if there are racist insults, I‘d have the team walk off of the pitch.

Snatcho 2

Supports
Most spanish sides.
Also how did you get a tag that says you support most Spanish sides
Well, I've been a user of this forum since the early 2000s but very occasionally. I started coming here when the MU-Real Madrid matches like the one with the Redondo and Raul goal were on.

(sorry, I was to post a Youtube video but I have no permissions to do it)

I used to come when there was a MU match against a Spanish team to chat a bit but with the main purpose of practising my English. There was a time when automatic translators were really poor, does anyone remember Babelfish?

The company that owned my old email address no longer exists and I have not been able to recover my original user account ("Snatcho" with no number). It's not a big problem, but as a newbie I have a lot of limitations, I'm not allowed to post videos, my messages have to be moderated before they are published, etc. I miss the freedom of the old users.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ancelotti claims he's injured. Along with Benzema, and a bunch of others

GinobiliTheGOAT

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s already been a league heavily declining on the pitch. Off the pitch it is a disaster.

Hopefully someone with a spine takes over after Tebas.

RoyH1

Ancelotti claims he's injured. Along with Benzema, and a bunch of others
Aren't they just protecting him from the childish plans of the Sevilla fans to come late to the stadium and boo him? It's going to be a pretty toxic atmosphere there.

IRN-BRUno

Valencia's punishment following the racist abuse of Real Madrid forward Vinicius Jr has been reduced on appeal.

The partial closure of the La Liga club's Mestalla Stadium has been reduced from five to three matches.

And their fine has been cut from 45,000 euros to 27,000 euros (£23,400) after the Spanish Football Federation appeals committee said it had decided to "partially uphold" Valencia's appeal.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65731691

fergosaurus

Pathetic from La Liga, might as well not punish them at all with the message they're sending. Insult after insult towards Vinicius.

Sylar

Such BS, but tbh expected as well which says a lot.
Only surprise is they didn't cut it down to one game