Virgil van Dijk | Performances

Stadjer

I get that VVD plays for Liverpool and has been a major part of them winning the league, the CL and historic point totals. Obviously that is not going to make him beloved by Manchester United fans but the refusal to admit his quality on this forum is a bit much.

Ofcoursre VVD would start for Arsenal. He would play with Saliba. VVD wasnt at his old level after his injury but this season he has been near his old best.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I get that VVD plays for Liverpool and has been a major part of them winning the league, the CL and historic point totals. Obviously that is not going to make him beloved by Manchester United fans but the refusal to admit his quality on this forum is a bit much.

Ofcoursre VVD would start for Arsenal. He would play with Saliba. VVD wasnt at his old level after his injury but this season he has been near his old best.
That’s not what happens though. No one denies he has quality. What is grating is how much his ability is overplayed by a Liverpool loving media who declare him the best Prem CB of all time. It is absolute nonsense.

His peak was way too short and his CV is way too small to be compared to the very greatest in the PL era. A lot of top CBs have won a lot more than him and led sides to consistent greatness. He hasn’t.

He is a great defender, but people get sick of being told he is the greatest of all time every time Liverpool play.

The same people will argue that Klopp’s greatness and status in Premier League history can be compared to Ferguson. Again, absolute nonsense.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Why is it so certain? Gabriel has been very good this season. And even last.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I don’t think that it’s a given. He obviously has the overall reputation going for him but he hasn’t been certifiably better than either Saliba or Gabriel and those two fit each other perfectly.

Just like Salah probably wouldn’t start ahead of Saka now even though career-wise there’s no comparison between them (yet?).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Love how he blames everyone else for his feck ups.
He’s really toxic isn’t he? They shipped two against us last week, one an absolute stinker due to poor communication between the defence and his take from the match was that it’s down to the strikers for not scoring enough.

Oranges038

Defends like he thinks he has an invisible shield around him.

Sometimes it's almost like be thinks he's too good to actually have to get stuck in and defend and get dirty.

He's been a good player, but all the talk about him being one of the best PL defenders ever is nonsense, Steve Bruce was a better defender than him. I might even put Gary Pallister ahead of him too.

Robbie Boy

I mean, he'll be 33 going into next season. His best days are clearly behind him and I'm guessing next season will be his last with the scousers.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I mean, he'll be 33 going into next season. His best days are clearly behind him and I'm guessing next season will be his last with the scousers.
Honestly think he will seek a move out this summer.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’s really toxic isn’t he? They shipped two against us last week, one an absolute stinker due to poor communication between the defence and his take from the match was that it’s down to the strikers for not scoring enough.
Does it again today - look at his reaction to conceding the 2nd goal.