Virgil van Dijk | Performances

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Fabinho looked excellent tonight for them. Jammy bastards probably won't even miss him.

Redplane

Fabinho looked excellent tonight for them. Jammy bastards probably won't even miss him.
Agreed from a purely defensive perspective. Throw leadership in there though and you can see why they re so devastated about it. Dude doesn't give up and that's huge for any team - especially when you have some fragile characters like a Salah.

Bojan11

He did. But Ajax were sort of wasteful tonight. I don’t think Sheffield United will be giving them problems too. Their tests come during the first Atlanta game till the Wolves games. If the defence can go during that period without any scares it will give them confidence.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
I see Liverpool fans and pundits calling for Pickford to be banned as long as VVD is out.

Injuries happen unfortunately.

Duelofeu has only just returned from being shown where the gym was by VVD last season. Should he be out?

Should Son have been out for forever and a day for that tackle on Gomes?

As for people calling it the worst tackle ever .....

Wright on Schmeichel,
Brown on Giggs,
Carragher on Nani,
McManaman on Haidara,
Taylor on Eduardo
Thatcher on Mendes
Keane on Haaland
Hunt on Cech

Sylar

They are still acting like VVD died or hes the first person to ever get injured.

By they I mean the fans, or some of the media. Even just heard Klopps rant from a few days ago.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It's insane, reading the media, listening to some interviews, it's like this is the first ever injury of the kind. I feel sorry for VVD cos such a long recovery will be tough for any professional, and I think Pickford is an absolute idiot, but the overall reaction is completely ridiculous - but probably expected given the lunatics over there.