Virgil van Dijk | Performances

Sylar

He deserves it tbh. Wonder what he was on before this?

Hes been a huge component in Liverpool going from just about getting CL spot to CL winners / challengers and Prem league challengers / winners.

Skeezix

He deserves it tbh. Wonder what he was on before this?

Hes been a huge component in Liverpool going from just about getting CL spot to CL winners / challengers and Prem league challengers / winners.
Very true, any club would be lucky to have him.

I was really hoping we would sign him when he was trying to move on from Celtic. The press were linking us with him while Van Gaal was in charge. The Scousers signed him for a huge fee, but he is worth every penny. Without him, Klopp is essentially Brendan Rodgers.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Our best and most important player. Good to see him getting that contract.

Josh 76

Peanuts. Liverpool did well with that extension. The fact that you try and spin this around is kind of weird.
Spin what around
Your fella Scouser pointed out he was 28 and not 29.
I apologised and stated I should have put 4 weeks before he is 29.

Maybe your take on this is kind of weird.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Spin what around
Your fella Scouser pointed out he was 28 and not 29.
I apologised and stated I should have put 4 weeks before he is 29.

Maybe your take on this is kind of weird.
"he must be laughing all the way to the bank"

As if he robbed Liverpool. You are deluded if you don't think the best defender in the league should receive that amount. In fact, I would argue he should've received more as Liverpool's most important player.

Sylar

Laughing all the way to the bank would be apt if if was Lovren

Josh 76

"he must be laughing all the way to the bank"

As if he robbed Liverpool. You are deluded if you don't think the best defender in the league should receive that amount. In fact, I would argue he should've received more as Liverpool's most important player.
Ok.
Sorry again
I should have put "crying all the way to the bank"

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's so quick that he may well stay great until he's 34. Not many miles on the clock either. Feels like he only really emerged five years ago.
You do realise he was playing professional football 5 years ago too, he just wasn't that good/famous?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He’s well and truly lost his (Scouse-appointed) air of invincibility so expect to see opposition offences testing him far more than they had been.

P.S. Surely Liverpool Football Club’s three defensive-midfielders - Fabinho, Henderson and Wijnaldum - all deserve bumper £220k per week deals too, no? Their bum-rush, let’s-flood-the-midfield hoofball antics every game in front of the Liverpool defence make van Dijk’s job a doddle after all.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Amazing how everyone is paid so low but some how Liverpool wage budget was 310 million in 2019.

Schweigaard

Supports
Liverpool
He’s well and truly lost his (Scouse-appointed) air of invincibility so expect to see opposition offences testing him far more than they had been.
Yes, it's only scousers who have hyped VVD. It's not like he nearly won a ballon d'Or or anything.

If teams try to exploit VVD more, that'd only give me more peace of mind during games, as TAA is our weakest spot defensively.

Josh 76

The greatest defender of all time.
Crazy to think that 'being the best defender ever' he's yet to play in a major international tournament considering he will be 30 next summer.

It's not like the Dutch are a micky mouse nation when it comes to football.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

P.S. Surely Liverpool Football Club’s three defensive-midfielders - Fabinho, Henderson and Wijnaldum - all deserve bumper £220k per week deals too, no? Their bum-rush, let’s-flood-the-midfield hoofball antics every game in front of the Liverpool defence make van Dijk’s job a doddle after all.
Ahh seeing this post makes me excited that the Premier League is back in less than a week!

Buchan

For a ‘big man’, van Dijk sure does love to throw his arse to the ball, doesn’t he?

Rodriguez’s goal was another clanger from van Dijk, and they are starting to creep in more and more, e.g. another lacklustre piece of defending when closing down the cut-back for one of Watford’s goal pre-lockdown.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
For a ‘big man’, van Dijk sure does love to throw his arse to the ball, doesn’t he?

Rodriguez’s goal was another clanger from van Dijk, and they are starting to creep in more and more, e.g. another lacklustre piece of defending when closing down the cut-back for one of Watford’s goal pre-lockdown.
It's the classic cycle with a lot of players.
Over praised to a level beyond what they are, and then it'll suddenly turn and every little thing gets criticised

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yet another mistake but will as usual be swept under the carpet by the scouse loving media.

Buchan

The arrogant twat still had the gall to gesticulate and blame others. How do his teammates put up with his shit? It’s incessant and very tiresome. Big Virgil is never wrong or never makes a mistake, according to himself. :rolleyes:

evil_geko

One of the all time greats eh? Great my arse. One of the most overrated CB's I've seen. Great but overrated af.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
One of the all time greats eh? Great my arse. One of the most overrated CB's I've seen. Great but overrated af.
The best defender of the last 2 years, but there's quite a distance between him and the greats in history. Surely people don't claim he's in the 'greatest' category for defenders?

Think he was practicing his 'surprised and angry' face for when he smashes it into his own net next week vs Chelsea and needs to make it believable