Virgil van Dijk | Performances

Acole9

Outstanding
Looks like he's lost a yard or two, he'll get offloaded in the summer.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Turns out Henderson is Liverpool's best player, not Van Dijk. Without him they've been leaking goals.

cyberman

Looks like he's lost a yard or two, he'll get offloaded in the summer.
Youre joking but it wouldnt be a bad decision to pick up two excellent CB for his fee.
Hell never be as valuable as he is now and how long does he have at the very top? Maybe 2 seasons before pace is an issue?

thepolice123

TBH I don't think he was even at fault for any of their goals in their three defeats.

Bumping this thread is just bizarre.

vodrake

TBH I don't think he was even at fault for any of their goals in their three defeats.

Bumping this thread is just bizarre.
He made Barkley's goal tonight. Was miles out of position before heading the ball right to him for the assist

DRM

All the hype got to his head. Good to see him brought back down to earth

thepolice123

Lolwut?

Did you see the state of him at Watford?
Don't think he could have done much for all three goals. You could argue for the second goal but its really Lovren who should have been tighter to Sarr.

He made Barkley's goal tonight. Was miles out of position before heading the ball right to him for the assist
The header was meant for Fabinho who reacted poorly to it. After that Barkley ran the entire length of the half to score while surrounded by Liverpool players. If anything I thought it was Gomez and Fabinho who were shite the entire match and are getting shown up in recent games.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Don't think he could have done much for all three goals. You could argue for the second goal but its really Lovren who should have been tighter to Sarr.
Erm... did you see his ‘defending’ for the opening goal? He just allowed the Watford attacker to cross the ball into Sarr. He made absolutely no attempt to block the cross or nick it out for a corner. It was so bizarre and 100% his fault.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Erm... did you see his ‘defending’ for the opening goal? He just allowed the Watford attacker to cross the ball into Sarr. He made absolutely no attempt to block the cross or nick it out for a corner. It was so bizarre and 100% his fault.
It was comical. He just walked up to the guy as if his very presence alone was enough to have Dacoure running away.

thepolice123

It came from a looping free throw which Lovren made a complete feck up and Robertson switching off at the back.

I dislike Liverpool as much as the next guy and I'm not defending VVD but you guys are trying way too hard to look for errors.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It came from a looping free throw which Lovren made a complete feck up and Robertson switching off at the back.

I dislike Liverpool as much as the next guy and I'm not defending VVD but you guys are trying way too hard to look for errors.
He could have cut the cross out but didnt even try to go for the ball

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

How can you say VVD didn't feck up here? Dude just let Dacoure get the cross in.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
He could certainly have done better. However, it was just errors everywhere and his wasn't the worst one.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He could certainly have done better. However, it was just errors everywhere and his wasn't the worst one.
Dont think anyone said he was the worst one. That was however poor defending

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s lazy but there are several errors there, not just his.
Literally every single mistake he makes, Liverpool fans point to other mistakes that lead up to it. Yes, he’s a centre back that’s going to be the case virtually every time the ball gets close to him. It does not absolve him from that horrendous mistake. Make half an effort there and that’s a corner rather than a goal.

MetoTTT

I would like our CBs to make this kind of "errors" while the EPL is won in March. I wouldn't be upset at all.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It was comical. He just walked up to the guy as if his very presence alone was enough to have Dacoure running away.
He has been getting away with it a lot. Which is good from him. Intimidation is a big part of defending but you have to maintain it, that's the hard part.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Literally every single mistake he makes, Liverpool fans point to other mistakes that lead up to it. Yes, he’s a centre back that’s going to be the case virtually every time the ball gets close to him. It does not absolve him from that horrendous mistake. Make half an effort there and that’s a corner rather than a goal.
Oh no I agree. It’s poor from him but Lovren’s also at fault for getting involved with Deeney.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
For some reason Giroud always seems to give him a hard time, not sure why.

RedCurry

He’s not been great by his own standards but there’s not been any serious calamity from him. Great defenders have dips in form but they bounce back from it.

This is the first time he’ll have to prove that he can bounce back, since he’s joined Liverpool. It’s one thing to play for the underdogs who no one expects to win the league and entirely another thing to play for a team who are favorites to win the league.

Thisistheone

Not really. Been our best player yet again this season.

This is just petty jealousy being egged on because people have had to wait yonks for him to have a poor game to voice their complaints.
Thought he was average last night again. Giroud gave him and Gomez a rough time all on his own.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought he was poor for the first goal too. On the replay, my dad brother and I all simultaneously said 'he's moved out the way of the ball', he just seemd to move out of the path of the ball instead of blocking the ball. Unquestionably Adrian was dreadful for the goal too though.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It’s lazy but there are several errors there, not just his.
Aye. Counting 5 errors there, including Van Dijk's:
  1. Set-up at the throw-in. Ideally you'd want somebody in front of Deeney(?) as that's the obvious long target and it's going to be almost impossible for any defender to get round the front of him to block it.
  2. Lovren getting bullied and pinned down
  3. Fabinho getting the wrong side of Docoure and letting him run off him
  4. Van Dijk's half-arsed attempt to block the cross
  5. Robertson giving up 5 yards on Sarr