Virgil van Dijk | Performances

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Same here... I actually tore my ligaments 4 fecking times, and 4 times I walked of the pitch without help...

This is way too premature if you ask me... The ACL surgeries these days are so clean, the recovery process so well put together and perfectly suited to play football again, and the pro's are getting the best of the best treatments... Two decades ago I think you might have been right though, but nog these days... Just look at Depay recently, but also Chielini and Zlatan who tore their ACL's at a very relative high age for footballers and they recovered amazingly.
There's no way to predict the outcome. It ended the career of players like Jese, Fekir was never the same anymore, same for Benjamin Mendy etc.
But it seems that most players recover pretty well nowadays.

AngliaRed

Even though if this was Maguire RAWK would be saying “ good, the scum can break his leg for all I care etc.. etc” I am genuinely gutted for VVD, absolutely assaulted by Wish’s version of Joe Hart and now his season is over.
Disgusting by the ref, shocking by VAR and disgraceful by Prickford!

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
There's no way to predict the outcome. It ended the career of players like Jese, Fekir was never the same anymore, same for Benjamin Mendy etc.
But it seems that most players recover pretty well nowadays.
True, I think the risk of really not getting to your old level anymore is also bigger when a players depends a lot on physique, agility and explosivity..

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The league was already wide open, VVD has been as poor as any in their defence this season
True. He played in that mess against Villa and has been found wanting since last season restarted. Some very basic errors have crept into his game recently.

I’d still rather he not be out for the season though.

dev1l

True. He played in that mess against Villa and has been found wanting since last season restarted. Some very basic errors have crept into his game recently.

I’d still rather he not be out for the season though.
I watched him with holland vs italy. He didn't looked at his best either.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Can’t stand the smug prick but never nice seeing players getting scythed in two like that from absolute braindead bums such as Pickford.

He’ll be a huge loss for them if he’s out long term, more from a psychological point of view than anything performance-related as his form has actually been quite suspect this calendar year to date yet he has still managed to maintain this ‘aura’ about him, mainly from the Scouse-loving media blowing smoke up his arse.

Falcow

Having done my ACL 10 years ago, I cringed at the replay and I suspected it was something like that. A nasty fecking injury this
Yes I thought the same when I saw it, his leg went one way while his body weight was going the other. Disgraceful challenge by Pickford.

We will see what Klopp is made of now, I said in the predictions thread a few weeks back that pool were an injury away from VVD from joining the race for top 4. The top 4 race howver might be the title race this season at his stage.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not sure what was so offensive. Maybe you're a bit soft but you're here long enough, you know where the ignore button is.
I've seen you post before with your "Targaryen loyalist" tag and genuinely thought you were some scary extreme view type guy.

Just realised it's some tv show thing. Whoops.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can’t stand the smug prick but never nice seeing players getting scythed in two like that from absolute braindead bums such as Pickford.

He’ll be a huge loss for them if he’s out long term, more from a psychological point of view than anything performance-related as his form has actually been quite suspect this calendar year to date yet he has still managed to maintain this ‘aura’ about him, mainly from the Scouse-loving media blowing smoke up his arse.
Exactly that. Can't stand him, Klopp or their whole set up. But ideally we want them to lose with their full side out, and you don't want people with serious injuries.

With Adrain in goal, and him out, they are massively vulnerable.
Not that VD was exactly rock solid this season as it was!

VivaRonaldo85

Time for teams to take advantage of them with VVD and Alisson out. They suddenly look beatable again.

Bojan11

I'm not saying he'll be crippled or anything. But if he loses even half a step, that's huge at this level. It's one of the worst kind of injuries for a professional athlete.
Yeah, Vidic was never the same when he got his injury.

Tough for any player getting this sort of injury especially one who is approaching his 30s.

padr81

Supports
Man City
7 months because Pickford is an idiot. Not cool. Get well soon VVD. Tackles like that have no place in football.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Not sure what was so offensive. Maybe you're a bit soft but you're here long enough, you know where the ignore button is.
Nah just a bit wasted already and thought it was a pretty stupid post since you can easily walk off with an ACL but I shouldn’t have been that attacking, apologies :) your “they’re vulnerable without VVD” earlier made little sense too though since we shipped 7 with him playing and he hasn’t missed a minute in the PL since Jan ‘18 so can’t tell anyway if that’s the case.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nah just a bit wasted already and thought it was a pretty stupid post since you can easily walk off with an ACL but I shouldn’t have been that attacking, apologies :) your “they’re vulnerable without VVD” earlier made little sense too though since we shipped 7 with him playing and he hasn’t missed a minute in the PL since Jan ‘18 so can’t tell anyway if that’s the case.
You don't think you'd be massively weakened without VD playing at his top level?
Obviously not playing at Leeds and Villa game level!

BulgarianDevil91

Didn't both Zouma and Ibra suffer the same injury a few years back? Horrible news and I feel sorry for him. Looks a real fighter and all, hope it doesn't affect his career much. No person and professional deserves it.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't both Zouma and Ibra suffer the same injury a few years back? Horrible news and I feel sorry for him. Looks a real fighter and all, hope it doesn't affect his career much. No person and professional deserves it.
Yeah took zouma a good few years get back to it. But tbf both stoke and everton helped him with 2 good loan moves.

OverratedOpinion

Cruciate ligament injury is 7-8 months no?

If that is the case then City are suddenly favorites imo
I think Matip and Gomez are still better than City's offering, Liverpool also have a better attack and despite last week defend better as a team.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I think Matip and Gomez are still better than City's offering, Liverpool also have a better attack and despite last week defend better as a team.
Gomez is poor. Problem is they will miss his leadership, presence and the passes from the defence to wings. Klopp would change things i guess.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm not saying he'll be crippled or anything. But if he loses even half a step, that's huge at this level. It's one of the worst kind of injuries for a professional athlete.
Its not as though he relies on his pace. He'll come back just fine.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The league was already wide open, VVD has been as poor as any in their defence this season
Hes hasn't been poor, he's been poor by his standards. Big difference.

OverratedOpinion

Gomez is poor. Problem is they will miss his leadership, presence and the passes from the defence to wings. Klopp would change things i guess.
We disagree about Gomez and either way Liverpool's attackers and midfielders are their most important defenders through pressng.

cyberman

Basically losing a year and coming back aftrt a year in yoir 30s is a huge ask. Look at Laporte and how long hes taking to get up to speed and he is a lot younger than Virgil.

GMoore23

If he's out for the season, I honestly think they'll struggle to make top 4.