Virgil van Dijk | Performances

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
That’s a massive stretch.
It is as we’ll comfortably be top 4. However the title willl be a massive ask. The tackle on Thiago was almost as bad and I’ll be equally surprised if he isn’t out for a period of time either. Getting up and playing on after doesn’t actually prove anything. Plenty of players have walked off after an ACL.

The Thiago one was after the whistle too no doubt in my mind that neither challenge wasn’t deliberate. It’s not really sunk in now but how disgraceful this game was will he looked back on in years to come.

Great for the neutral though. League is wide open and any team capable of putting a run of form together will he in with a shout. Shame really as I did think we’d pick up another this season.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It is as we’ll comfortably be top 4. However the title willl be a massive ask. The tackle on Thiago was almost as bad and I’ll be equally surprised if he isn’t out for a period of time either. Getting up and playing on after doesn’t actually prove anything. Plenty of players have walked off after an ACL.

The Thiago one was after the whistle too no doubt in my mind that neither challenge wasn’t deliberate. It’s not really sunk in now but how disgraceful this game was will he looked back on in years to come.

Great for the neutral though. League is wide open and any team capable of putting a run of form together will he in with a shout. Shame really as I did think we’d pick up another this season.
Oh I don’t think either challenge was malicious. That’d be incredibly harsh on Pickford and Richarlison. I think Pickford’s is partly due to where his head is at currently tbh.

Shark

@NotShark

Welcome to having to deal with a few injuries :p

The past three years it seems you've been able to field a consistent enough eleven.

UncleBob

:lol: :lol:
No.

jeepers

In a way, he's blessed it may only be an ACL...

Think of the weight, force and angle of Sloth in that tackle. Could've easily been a full leg snap.
It’s an insane tackle and you’re right, could’ve easily been a broken leg instead.

Never nice to see players injured, even if they play for a cnut team.

If it’s ACL, he should be fine. He’s a professional player in the premier league, his fitness is way up there so recovery will be a lot smoother and quicker compared to those of us who play leisurely or at lower level. He will have the best and most advanced treatment possible and he’ll probably be back in rehabilitation less than a week after surgery.

It just doesn’t feel 100% right after a knee reconstruction though. But I’m sure his mental strength and fortitude is a lot stronger than mine!

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Some posters here saying they lost a yard of pace after similar injury. Jesus christ :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If he's out for the season, I honestly think they'll struggle to make top 4.
They're still favourites. Apart from CBs and Firmino, they still have the best and most balanced first 11 (not backup) in the league. And who even has good centre backs these days? VVD himself was looking like crap of late.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I am struggling to understand the posters who are claiming that Liverpool need VvD to finish in top 4.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
They're still favourites. Apart from CBs and Firmino, they still have the best and most balanced first 11 (not backup) in the league. And who even has good centre backs these days? VVD himself was looking like crap of late.
Are they though ? Without van dijk and Alison they literally go back to where they were years ago (like we are now) good going forward shit defensively.
The defence including van dijk was already having problems as it was. Trent and gomez have been diabolical matip and co arent vvd.
Then theres adrian.

amolbhatia50k

Are they though ? Without van dijk and Alison they literally go back to where they were years ago (like we are now) good going forward shit defensively.
The defence including van dijk was already having problems as it was. Trent and gomez have been diabolical matip and co arent vvd.
Then theres adrian.
Is Allison out for a long time?

I think their fullbacks are the best in the league. First choice midfield is possibly the best as well right now. Same with their wide players.

Defense is an issue (before and now) but apart from the and against Arsenal, City and pretty much the rest of the league is wank defensively, so I'll wait and watch before concluding that this is going to be the decisive factor.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Vvd is probably the only likable guy at Liverpool. Quiet, class. That was terrible. How about Pickford gets a ban.
Not to wanting to start a Liverpool likeable competition but I don't think they have many pricks on their team. Seems to be less pricks and fewer "characters" about these days. Mostly man-children and sheer professionalism generally all around.

amolbhatia50k

Not to wanting to start a Liverpool likeable competition but I don't think they have many pricks on their team. Seems to be less pricks and fewer "characters" about these days. Mostly man-children and sheer professionalism generally all around.
Robertson stands out as one.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Is Allison out for a long time?

I think their fullbacks are the best in the league. First choice midfield is possibly the best as well right now. Same with their wide players.

Defense is an issue (before and now) but apart from the and against Arsenal, City and pretty much the rest of the league is wank defensively, so I'll wait and watch before concluding that this is going to be the decisive factor.
A few more weeks yet iirc
Trent was dodgy defensively at the best of times. Right now he a liability on the pitch. His defending for the equalizer with digne was pathetic. With alison and now vvd out i dont see that getting any better.
Thiago was injured today too ?
Right now they need to lock up salah and mane. Thats their only goal source.
They are still a good team but imo if vvd out for months i dont see a favourite for the pl this season.

Maureen-yo

How about a not so serious injury? like a month or two out of the game?

I mean, what's the time limit you set yourself that you'd be happy to see them out?

Were you not happy when Torres turned to shite with Liverpool after his injury?

Will you not be happy if VVD turn to shite after coming back from this injury?
This post is terrible. You are actually happy that a footballer gets injured and could spend time out of the game; It’s that player’s career.

Shame on you.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

Do you think it will go alongside some of the derbies when Gerrard used to put some absolutely filthy challenges in?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Should get a match ban and fine that challenge. No Liverpool/vvd fan but there’s no place for that. Horrible.
I think Liverpool should just be given the title this season and next as compensation.

Or we should just accept that these incidents have and will always happen in the game.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
This post is terrible. You are actually happy that a footballer gets injured and could spend time out of the game; It’s that player’s career.

Shame on you.
How can you be worried about footballers wasting years of their career and still be named after Mourinho?

Pav1878

Erm, Henderson? The guy shouts and screams on the pitch like an absolute dick. But there aren't that many you're right. I don't like Mane either though, comes across as quite arrogant.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In a way, he's blessed it may only be an ACL...

Think of the weight, force and angle of Sloth in that tackle. Could've easily been a full leg snap.
"Only" an ACL?
I think most would say cruciate is the worst injury to get. Your whole mobility in the hands of a tiny area.

Broken legs will be sheer pain but breaks tend to heal stronger than they were before. No guarantee with cruciates even with todays medical skill.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Erm, Henderson? The guy shouts and screams on the pitch like an absolute dick. But there aren't that many you're right. I don't like Mane either though, comes across as quite arrogant.
Robertson, Henderson, Van Dijk, Gomez, Mane. Even TAA has a slappable face.
Salah for his slippy feet.

There's plenty of material in this team.

Pagh Wraith

yes of course. I'd be happy if every top teams (that competing with United) best players get long term injuries.
I'm not judging you and think there will be a lot of opposition fans who are secretly happy a player of such quality is out for a long time without admitting it. Although I have to say with such a serious injury that will affect his whole career and life, it's really not very nice and we should remember that it's only a game. The GoT forum openly celebrating VvD's injury just shows what an unhealthy level of hatred they have for Liverpool.

That being said, and I'm probably in the minority here, I always want the best players to play. It honestly devalues certain results for me if the opposition was missing key players.

But even then, I laughed at this DCL/ACL tweet with a picture of Calvert-Lewin and van Dijk yesterday because I'm like that.

How about a not so serious injury? like a month or two out of the game?

I mean, what's the time limit you set yourself that you'd be happy to see them out?

Were you not happy when Torres turned to shite with Liverpool after his injury?

Will you not be happy if VVD turn to shite after coming back from this injury?
this post is disgraceful, and if that’s your attitude, I couldn’t take anything you say seriously.

Gungne

Some posters here saying they lost a yard of pace after similar injury. Jesus christ :lol:
Depends almost entirely on the training during rehabilitation. It is not possible to do quality high speed training early in the process of rehab, so naturally the pace is lower just after comeback. Torres lost a lot of pace after injury, and did not seem to recover 100% from that. Old man Zlatan, difficult to say. He was smart to move to another league.

Return to sports after ACL ranges between 4.1 to 8.1 months. Young athletes have shorter recovery.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm sure its being sensationalised and he'll be back quicker than reported, but even if its true they'll still easily make top 4, but we might actually have a title race now.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Did mine 3 years ago defending a takedown, had surgery 2 years ago.
Still doesn't feel right, hurts when I run and when it gets cold (which is 8 months a year in Sweden). it's a terrible injury. I'm amazed at how Zlatan just healed in 6 months and is still playing at the highest level at 38.
Seen several teammates do theirs and one lad it's been five years and he has only just started skiing again. Brutal. Made me give up football and forgo vets football for fear of doing it myself.

djembatheking

It wouldn`t surprise me if he only misses 1 or 2 games . They have a history of making injuries sound worse than they are . Time will tell I guess.

ForeverRed1

I think Liverpool should just be given the title this season and next as compensation.

Or we should just accept that these incidents have and will always happen in the game.
No. Let’s not.

we should accept that players put someone out for a whole season with a completely reckless challange and don’t get so much as a yellow card? reckless.