Virgil van Dijk | Performances

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
A reminder that wishing injury on a player is a standard 3 point warning on this forum, so if you have nothing constructive to say I’d suggest you don’t say anything

arnie_ni

:lol:

I’ve been reading this thread thinking the same. It’s obviously a common injury because seemingly every fecker on here has had it .
Just had my op 2 weeks before lockdown.

Still havent had a physio appointment yet

Red00012

Not to wanting to start a Liverpool likeable competition but I don't think they have many pricks on their team. Seems to be less pricks and fewer "characters" about these days. Mostly man-children and sheer professionalism generally all around.
They play for Liverpool they’re all pricks :annoyed:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Not to wanting to start a Liverpool likeable competition but I don't think they have many pricks on their team. Seems to be less pricks and fewer "characters" about these days. Mostly man-children and sheer professionalism generally all around.
As an overall trend in football, yeah. First struck me with Rodgers' team post Suarez.
There was just no one in the team I actually liked or felt affinity for. Personalitywise, just very meh.

I find our current team more likeable in the sense that I don't think we have many man children in the side (your lingards, Ashley coles, pogbas) but mostly just players content to be adults in their 20s.

That Milner is probably the most feisty character in the squad alongside Robbo says something about the blandness though. But works well for what we are as a side.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
No. Let’s not.

we should accept that players put someone out for a whole season with a completely reckless challange and don’t get so much as a yellow card? reckless.
It happens all the time in the game but the outrage isn’t consistently forthcoming. Just like Liverpool never asked for the FA or PL to clarify the use of the technology when it was going in their favour. Save me the faux outrage.

ForeverRed1

It happens all the time in the game but the outrage isn’t consistently forthcoming. Just like Liverpool never asked for the FA or PL to clarify the use of the technology when it was going in their favour. Save me the faux outrage.
Liverpool will be liverpool. No faux outrage about it, it’s a bad tackle which warrants pubishment. End of.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It wouldn’t be so cringey if maybe it was between seasons? Or they didn’t do it the second VAR went against them.

UncleBob

A reminder that wishing injury on a player is a standard 3 point warning on this forum, so if you have nothing constructive to say I’d suggest you don’t say anything
What are the rules about hoping for the extent after the player has already been injured?

UncleBob

Not entirely sure why people are falling over themselves wishing a speedy recovery, for all we know he'll be back within 4 weeks. It's not like football supporters over the world were holding lit candles when Rashford did his back, most opposition supporters just took the piss about our chances to finish top 4 as a result. He's injured, it happens.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Losing Van Dijk will still make them favourite to finish top 4 above everyone except City. Van Dijk is just the difference for them being the champion, it still doesn’t hide the fact that they still have good players. And if there is any team who wants to compete with the current Liverpool to win the league, it’ll be when Van Dijk gets the long term injury.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Liverpool will be liverpool. No faux outrage about it, it’s a bad tackle which warrants pubishment. End of.
Yeah, I have no issue with that. It’s the never ending conversation and condemnation around it that does my head in, especially when its not forthcoming for less high profile teams.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This post is terrible. You are actually happy that a footballer gets injured and could spend time out of the game; It’s that player’s career.

Shame on you.
I don't wish pain on anyone but let's be honest here - if Liverpool sign Mbappe we'd all want his career to go down the toilet, won't we? Injuries is different but no United fan cares about a Livepool player having a "good career". That's ridiculous.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'm not waiting for Liverpool players to get hurt but on the same hand, if they do I'm not clutching my rosary beads and praying for their quick recovery.

Skills

Snitch
Vidic was never the same after his ACL injury but he was a 1 year older (30 years old) and he wasn't ever that quick in the first place.

Van Djik's injury didn't look that bad. Might've just strained it rather than tore it.

cyberman

Losing Van Dijk will still make them favourite to finish top 4 above everyone except City. Van Dijk is just the difference for them being the champion, it still doesn’t hide the fact that they still have good players. And if there is any team who wants to compete with the current Liverpool to win the league, it’ll be when Van Dijk gets the long term injury.
Theyre leaking goals every week, do you think they can stop that without VVD?
If you could guarentee that there would be no more injuries or tiredness for them over this ridiculous season then they would be comfortable top 4 imo. Its the fact they are already spread thin there and we are only 5 games in.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I won't to pretend to be disappointed that a key Liverpool player will be sidelined for up to seven months, but the challenge that led to it was disgraceful.

We would be losing our shit if it was a United player in place of VVD.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Theyre leaking goals every week, do you think they can stop that without VVD?
If you could guarentee that there would be no more injuries or tiredness for them over this ridiculous season then they would be comfortable top 4 imo. Its the fact they are already spread thin there and we are only 5 games in.
Every other teams also leaking goals every week. The difference is that they have more proven and more consistent goal scorers & creators than the other top 4 challengers.

BlahRules

Bad tackle but its part of the game. If Liverpool did this then no one would say anything or make any noise. Let me leave a clip when their players can kick shit out of others and laugh.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Bad tackle but its part of the game. If Liverpool did this then no one would say anything or make any noise. Let me leave a clip when their players can kick shit out of others and laugh.

But that's just it, challenges like the one on VVD are not part of the game.

Not in any sense of the word mate.

A-man

They still have a great team, but the defence hasn’t worked at all lately, and this must be a disaster for them when they are trying to find their way back to normal standard.

King Eric 7

Gutted for him, especially given the needless challenge that led to the injury. Pickford is an utter disgrace.

Guy Incognito

I expect Pickford will get retrospective action now.

Big blow for Liverpool, especially with Allison unavailable. Up to Matip to step up now.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Am I the only one who doesn't see the furore over Pickford? It's a pretty shit challenge but its a goalkeeper going with his feet trying to close down a shot. It's not an outfield player tearing into someone. Keepers often clatter people like that. It's reckless but jesus you'd swear he tried to do his ACL

laughtersassassin

That shit for Van Dijk but no Pickford really shouldn't be a given a retrospective ban.

Are they not for malicious challenges. Pickford's wasn't that it was just a shite challenge. That said it would probably be benefit Everton if he was.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
ACL is usually 8-10 months isnt it? If that's the case then he might miss Euros too.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Played every minute in the PL for them since January 2018. Which as we know has been their golden run of form which was just absolutely ridiculous.

Be interesting to see how they do now...

el3mel

Huge blow for Liverpool this one. Title race is wide open for City to get in and win it all.