Virgil van Dijk | Performances

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Race to return this season? Take care of your health first, son. For an athlete, a straight ACL tear is a life-changer. There's been advances in medicine, but ACL comebacks really are not something straightforward. They never talk about the failures to recover. It's unfortunate.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't see Liverpool win anything this season. They will score goals but concede a lot as well. Great chance for the likes of Tottenham, Arsenal and United to go for the title. City does not look that great either.

cyberman

Ouch. They'll do well to reach 80 points.
I cant see how they can. Their entire league win last year was built on 1 goal wins. This is a disaster. There was that entire discussion last week about how hard it was to press them high due to VVD forward passes. Thats gone now

Cathy Ferguson

Big physical player who will be 30 in July. How much pace and acceleration will he lose due to this horror injury?

K_Ash

from the corner of my eye, I have enjoyed watching this beast play. Just from the corner though..I hope Pickford gets that violent conduct suspension. a Keeper cant be outhere talking like a reckless CB looking for a Red panicking

criticalanalysis

No one posted the 'not his biggest fan, far from it'..yet?

Are we just going to let it die like that?!

Oh well it was fun times whilst it lasted :(

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Gutted for him. Hope he can come back and play at a high level again.

Our defence has been poor for a while. We’ll miss him aerially which is where he’s still dominant, and his leadership. We’ll need to go in for a CB in January.

I’m worried about our options at CB. Matip can break down for 4-6 weeks at any moment and Gomez has rotten luck with injuries as well. Selling Lovren without replacing him is now looking daft.

Kamprad

This is so sad. So very sad. I’m literally in tears. My dog just died. Ooops wrong thread.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
ACL surgery? Misses the season surely. Obviously a huge blow losing the best CB in the game. Hopefully he doesnt have any complications and fully recovers but its good that L'pool lose a colassal player for a while.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Our defence has been poor for a while. We’ll miss him aerially which is where he’s still dominant, and his leadership. We’ll need to go in for a CB in January.

I’m worried about our options at CB. Matip can break down for 4-6 weeks at any moment and Gomez has rotten luck with injuries as well. Selling Lovren without replacing him is now looking daft.
Who comes in as 3rd choice?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
That shit for Van Dijk but no Pickford really shouldn't be a given a retrospective ban.

Are they not for malicious challenges. Pickford's wasn't that it was just a shite challenge. That said it would probably be benefit Everton if he was.
I disagree. Not because it turns out it was a serious injury, but because that was a ridiculous challenge. Its high time the FA starts taking retrospective action when its clear the match officials have made an error

dablem_10

I know it often happens but just feels strange that he walked off the pitch, seemingly in little pain.
when happened to me, it was not swelling immediatelly, even no pop, you could walk, but you knew something is really bad and within few minutes you cannot stretch the leg

Guy Incognito

On what basis exactly? That's nonsense. He won't, and shouldn't be given a ban.
Happened to Gerrard on Naismith (three match ban for violent conduct) so it's not like retrospective bans haven't happened before after a Merseyside derby.

Simply put if Liverpool put a case forward then the FA will have to consider and you can't rule anything out. Which is probably good for Everton cos Pickford is so inconsistent.

laughtersassassin

Still reckon they win the league as everyone else is awful but now I expect there to atleast be competition for it.

Before this injury o reckon it was guaranteed.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's a shame, he was on top of the world and just like that it gets taken away. I'm not sure he can come back the same player he once was, but wish him the best.

djembatheking

Ah well, shit happens, not the first and won`t be the last. Don`t agree with a ban for Pickford though, there is no doubt that he is a buffoon but it was clumsy and not malicious.

Josh 76

Not easy finding a decent CB. We know all about that!

arnie_ni

I know it often happens but just feels strange that he walked off the pitch, seemingly in little pain.
When i done mine playing 7 aside in astro, i went into goal and played on the remaining 30mins of our hour booking.

Wasn't until i got home that i new i was goosed due to the swelling and instability.

There was immediate pain like nothing I've ever felt but then after about 2mins i felt fine.

laughtersassassin

I disagree. Not because it turns out it was a serious injury, but because that was a ridiculous challenge. Its high time the FA starts taking retrospective action when its clear the match officials have made an error
Can't change the rules mid season can they? And they shouldn't.

The incident was seen so what's done is done.

I'd agree with a change in rules from next season on and have said it before.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Not his biggest fan, far from it, but wish the lad a speedy recovery

Josh 76

On what basis exactly? That's nonsense. He won't, and shouldn't be given a ban.
Exactly.
Some people have gone so over the top. It was a bad challenge. It's happened many times before and will do again.
That's football.

Silverman

Delighted to hear Van Dijk will miss most the season but hate that it's happened like this.
Would have much preferred he headbutted the ref and got an 8 month ban.

On a serious note, hope he recovers well.

RORY65

I would agree with this, there are obviously tackles that are innocuous that can also lead to injuries but players shouldn't be getting away without bans for challenges like Pickford's just because the officials are too thick to deal with it at the time. It's mad that Martial is banned for 3 games and Pickford will get nothing given the severity of the 2 offences.

Hopefully Van Dijk can fully recover from this and be back playing at a high level soon enough.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm sure its being sensationalised and he'll be back quicker than reported, but even if its true they'll still easily make top 4, but we might actually have a title race now.
Still so sure it's been "sensationalised" mate?
Sancho still coming?