Vitor Ferreira aka Vitinha

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He has supporters of every club tweeting at him thousands of times a day asking for the slightest updates on transfers.

It might be tedious but he still interacts with them even when there might not actually be any real update yet so I don't get too hung up on him regurgitating info sometimes.
Yeah , people sometimes forget that it's still a job after all, he seems nice and as you say interacts with the fan base as well so nothing to be mad over.

I still would cut off on some of the filler stuff that he makes if I were him, but overall he probably deserves his reputation.

mu4c_20le

Don't get why people like to shit on Romano when he quite literally is the biggest name in the transfer game today.
Dont think anyone ever doubted that he has connections. He doesn't help himself though when he tries to act like he's in the know about every single transfer, and sometimes piggybacks off other people's breaking news, earning the tap in merchant title.

Zoo

I’m told that Shrager got played by Mendes.

croadyman

I still feel Vitinha will be a quality player. Romano is a good source likewise Shrager from what people mention it's hard to grasp what's real and what's not until there's an official bid.
I don't doubt that but it's a holding midfielder we need to partner De Jong IF he does come that is of course

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Anything coming from Portugal you have to believe when the player is literally holding the shirt.

saivet

This is not to shit on Shrager but what exclusives has he had? Always see a lot of his tweets, but don't recall seeing him as the person breaking news. Seems a tier below the top journos from what I've seen.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Very excited about this signing , A lot more than our other targets
Really happy for you. Nothing quite as heart warming as seeing the little muppet transfer dreams of financially doped, corrupt, authoritarian state owned, oil clubs fans come true. It brings a real tear to the eye. Maybe PSG can eventually acquire enough top players to come first, second and third in their one horse race. Lock out all the Champions League spots, and go on a sort of never ending Harlem globe trotters style tour of France. Even if that never happens, it’s such a privilege to have PSG fans on our United forum to tell us how excited they are about their latest, hilariously financially infeasible, acquisition.

Keep it up!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Interesting who's Shraeger's source then. He's usually not one to hop on without a strong source. Would be amazing if we leaked it to get PSG out the picture for De Jong.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Interesting who's Shraeger's source then. He's usually not one to hop on without a strong source. Would be amazing if we leaked it to get PSG out the picture for De Jong.
The source is likely from Gestifute, as usual.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I didn't think that was a Shraeger source, but makes the most sense.
Journalist sources are generally agents and it's not their source, journalists are agents mouthpiece.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Journalist sources are generally agents and it's not their source, journalists are agents mouthpiece.
Of course, I just thought Shraeger was more club sourced than with agents.

Or should I say, a club mouthpiece.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would’ve been a nice signing alongside De Jong. The more twink-ish central midfielders who know how to manipulate a football and play under the press, the better. We’ve been starved of that in central midfield for as long as I can remember

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Seems an obsession with number 6s number 8s etc etc. What about a defnsive midfielder that is actually godo with the ball b ut positionally intelligent and a battler Bissouma, Fabinho are all good on the ball.

Personally I think there are more supposed defensive midfielder that are technically good enough on the ball to maintain possesion well in the modern game but there arent so many playmakers who are good defensively and Fred certainly isnt one of them.

We simply dont have any central midfielders who are intelligent enough or read the game well enough to play in the double pivot, that is why an ageing Matic was still playing.

Its vital for me personally we sign a midfielder that can win the ball, read the game, fill in holes....and rightly or wrongly I dont see how Ten Hag gets that out of the current options unless its with a youngster.

Usually agree with the vast majority of your posts, I really dotn with this one though. If there is an obession with these types of midfielders, we have a massive talent in Hannibal.

I think DeJOng is godo positionally without the ball, but a midfielder that can defend is important. To be fair I knwo very little of Vintiha, very vaguely remember him coming on for Wolves as had no idea who he was, but didnt know anything of him until the links
Bissouma isn't someone that a team should rely on to be the go to midfielder in the build up phase. He's a conservative player on the ball who from my observation doesn't progress the ball anywhere close to the required level. He's defensively strong and can dribble the ball up-field but his passing in Potter's team was conservative from my observation.

There's midfielders in the game today who are defensively very good, and can retain possession to a good level but they can't progress play like a Frenkie de Jong in the build up phase imo. Bissouma definitely can't do that and i'm sure the statistics would back that up.

And the reason why Matic was still playing, was because bad decisions were made by managers like Mourinho and Solskjaer. Solskjaer should've prioritised the midfield on several occasions but he ended up prioritising the signings of Maguire and AWB in the summer of 2019, and then signed Bruno Fernandes when Pogba was still at the club. We needed a midfielder and the managers kept neglecting the midfield, which meant players like Matic remained being a option for the team.

I don't disagree with you about us needing a positionally disciplined DM. But all i'm saying is that we need players who are going to enhance our play on the ball. We can't control games in possession against teams who we would normally, be expected to beat comfortably. So for me I'd take two mobile midfielders who possess the craft and guile on the ball, which would help connect the defence and attack. I even said before we signed players in the summer of 2019, that we should spend most of our budget on the attack (midfield/forwards) but we signed two players for big money due to our defence leaking too many goals according to Solskjaer. Our budget is reportedly lower now, so i'm of the opinion that spending the bulk of the budget on players who will enhance our play on the ball, is more important than signing a conservative passer like Bissouma. But having said that, it would be nice to see us sign a defensively strong midfielder aswell. But i'm not sure the Glazers will back John Murtough to the extent we fans desire.

I like Hannibal and i'm hoping he does get significant minutes. But it's difficult to say what ten Hag will decide for him for the new season. And he also requires a level of patience, which i'm not sure fans will give him right now. Vitinha is a good example of a player that would've been written off by many of our fans after his failed loan stint at Wolves, but today Vitinha is on his way to PSG.

jesperjaap

Bissouma isn't someone that a team should rely on to be the go to midfielder in the build up phase. He's a conservative player on the ball who from my observation doesn't progress the ball anywhere close to the required level. He's defensively strong and can dribble the ball up-field but his passing in Potter's team was conservative from my observation.

There's midfielders in the game today who are defensively very good, and can retain possession to a good level but they can't progress play like a Frenkie de Jong in the build up phase imo. Bissouma definitely can't do that and i'm sure the statistics would back that up.

And the reason why Matic was still playing, was because bad decisions were made by managers like Mourinho and Solskjaer. Solskjaer should've prioritised the midfield on several occasions but he ended up prioritising the signings of Maguire and AWB in the summer of 2019, and then signed Bruno Fernandes when Pogba was still at the club. We needed a midfielder and the managers kept neglecting the midfield, which meant players like Matic remained being a option for the team.

I don't disagree with you about us needing a positionally disciplined DM. But all i'm saying is that we need players who are going to enhance our play on the ball. We can't control games in possession against teams who we would normally, be expected to beat comfortably. So for me I'd take two mobile midfielders who possess the craft and guile on the ball, which would help connect the defence and attack. I even said before we signed players in the summer of 2019, that we should spend most of our budget on the attack (midfield/forwards) but we signed two players for big money due to our defence leaking too many goals according to Solskjaer. Our budget is reportedly lower now, so i'm of the opinion that spending the bulk of the budget on players who will enhance our play on the ball, is more important than signing a conservative passer like Bissouma. But having said that, it would be nice to see us sign a defensively strong midfielder aswell. But i'm not sure the Glazers will back John Murtough to the extent we fans desire.

I like Hannibal and i'm hoping he does get significant minutes. But it's difficult to say what ten Hag will decide for him for the new season. And he also requires a level of patience, which i'm not sure fans will give him right now. Vitinha is a good example of a player that would've been written off by many of our fans after his failed loan stint at Wolves, but today Vitinha is on his way to PSG.
Fair enough. I am of the opinion our priority at the mment in the middle is without tha ball and winnig it back, I am presuming yours is pressing it and progressing with the ball.

I cant really comment on Vitinha as I can literally barely remember his 20min appearance for Wolves I saw and not seen anything of him at Porto as sure a lot of others wont as not seen him mentioned on her etil the links. Maybe he will be a success at PSG, weird they are siging yet another central midfielder though....could well be a bad move, right back to Pastore who could have been a fabulous player through to Parades and Wujnaldunm, think a lot of players have ruined there careers joining the midfield/bench of PSG defensivel yor offensively

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Fair enough. I am of the opinion our priority at the mment in the middle is without tha ball and winnig it back, I am presuming yours is pressing it and progressing with the ball.

I cant really comment on Vitinha as I can literally barely remember his 20min appearance for Wolves I saw and not seen anything of him at Porto as sure a lot of others wont as not seen him mentioned on her etil the links. Maybe he will be a success at PSG, weird they are siging yet another central midfielder though....could well be a bad move, right back to Pastore who could have been a fabulous player through to Parades and Wujnaldunm, think a lot of players have ruined there careers joining the midfield/bench of PSG defensivel yor offensively
It almost feels like they’ve too many options to be able to take the time to settle on the best one. Once they do they should really click but it’s always prioritising an attack heavy lineup with them

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Where are our resident Portuguese league games?

@Arruda @SCP @SportingCP96
Sorry only read it today, wasn't it already confirmed for PSG or there's something else on it?

Regarding the player itself as you know he was one season at Wolves on their last season under Nuno and fair to say it didn't worked out that well for him, suspect at the time outside Neves and Moutinho he didn't trusted anyone else for that role, even tried a moronic number 10 role for him which made me doubt Nuno really knew the player and wanted him there. Of course being Mendes his agent perhaps his opinion didn't counted that much.

Shortening this, he is a number 8, not really the type of player who scores a lot of goals or makes a lot of assists but would say has a good decision making level, improved his work rate to recover the ball and press more and was recently promoted from the under 21's to Portugal main squad.

Don't know if United is or was interested, more important than that if Ten Haag is interested, I suspect from his Ajax teams he likes that type of player, but of course from United point of view De Jong would be the prize for the midfield role.

More than the type of midfielder who would show up on the highlights for being a goalscorer or making spectacular assists he is the type of midfielder who makes the things happen, some similarities with the Moutinho of 10 years ago, maybe not as strong tactically but more stronger from the creative point of view.

If he goes to PSG it will be based on Luis Campos, if he will suceed there it's another conversation, guess it's the best information I can give to you.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sorry only read it today, wasn't it already confirmed for PSG or there's something else on it?

Regarding the player itself as you know he was one season at Wolves on their last season under Nuno and fair to say it didn't worked out that well for him, suspect at the time outside Neves and Moutinho he didn't trusted anyone else for that role, even tried a moronic number 10 role for him which made me doubt Nuno really knew the player and wanted him there. Of course being Mendes his agent perhaps his opinion didn't counted that much.

Shortening this, he is a number 8, not really the type of player who scores a lot of goals or makes a lot of assists but would say has a good decision making level, improved his work rate to recover the ball and press more and was recently promoted from the under 21's to Portugal main squad.

Don't know if United is or was interested, more important than that if Ten Haag is interested, I suspect from his Ajax teams he likes that type of player, but of course from United point of view De Jong would be the prize for the midfield role.

More than the type of midfielder who would show up on the highlights for being a goalscorer or making spectacular assists he is the type of midfielder who makes the things happen, some similarities with the Moutinho of 10 years ago, maybe not as strong tactically but more stronger from the creative point of view.

If he goes to PSG it will be based on Luis Campos, if he will suceed there it's another conversation, guess it's the best information I can give to you.
Thanks, yeah when the post was made PSG reports weren't reported. Now maybe this info is useful for PSG fans here ;)

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Thanks, yeah when the post was made PSG reports weren't reported. Now maybe this info is useful for PSG fans here ;)
Don't bother asking, I always try to give the best insight from Portugal players without hyping them to the moon, I am starting to get fed up with football because of this, people here instead enjoying the game or the players rather want to enjoy who sells more players and gets more money, but they are so dumb that they really think all those millions will clean their debts instead the clubs are getting poorer and poorer while a small number of people gets richer and richer.

I guess from the England point of view what matters is the new toy in town, I am getting to a point where I turn off the sound of the matches because someone will shout player X who was signed by club Z for 50 million passes the ball to the new Messi who will be the new 100 million star in the Premier League. Take me out of that moronic hype million Mendes wash machine, I just want to enjoy what really happens inside the pitch. ;)

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Don't bother asking, I always try to give the best insight from Portugal players without hyping them to the moon, I am starting to get fed up with football because of this, people here instead enjoying the game or the players rather want to enjoy who sells more players and gets more money, but they are so dumb that they really think all those millions will clean their debts instead the clubs are getting poorer and poorer while a small number of people gets richer and richer.

I guess from the England point of view what matters is the new toy in town, I am getting to a point where I turn off the sound of the matches because someone will shout player X who was signed by club Z for 50 million passes the ball to the new Messi who will be the new 100 million star in the Premier League. Take me out of that moronic hype million Mendes wash machine, I just want to enjoy what really happend inside the pitch. ;)
Good post, agree with that. Too much noise around the game.

At least from last 4-5 seasons, i started watching only games, nothing on prematch. Just change the channel at exact time and cut all the crap hype job.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This deal still not done. I mean, this is gazumping season after all.

NoPace

Trending on twitter, sounds like he's doing pretty well at PSG. Gutted we missed out, would have been a good alternative to FDJ.
It's hard to know how he would have done here because he's basically just tasked with playing rondos at PSG as they play slowly in possession and look to get their stars on the ball for 1-2s, but he basically never gives it away and clearly is impeccable technically.