Vitor Ferreira aka Vitinha

Trex

Pheeew!!! Vintinha come to united we already have a very strong Portuguese speaking group you'll fit right in!!!

Bojan Djordjic

Vitinha and De Jong are not similar players. De Jong at Ajax is the deepest lying midfielder playing right in front of the defense, modern DM sort of role. Vitinha in comparison is all over the midfield specializing in distribution and controlling the tempo of the game, he's more similar to Thiago and Xavi than De Jong.

People keep asking "where does Bruno play, where does Bruno play" in a Vitinha and De Jong midfield set up with a 3rd more defensive midfielder, the answer is: he doesn't. I had my suspicions with all these links with Eriksen and Vitinha, it's clear that Erik intends to either phase Bruno out of the midfield or the starting XI altogether.

It's the only way these signings would make sense, because like you guys said, playing Bruno as a no.10 with these guys would be suicidal.
They should just sell Bruno then. Would imagine we could stop fetch a high fee for him and it would make more sense than letting him rot on the bench if he doesn’t fit ten Hag’s style. Would also allow us to pay for a RW and RB.

BarstoolProphet

I knew I should have resisted the temptation to check out his YT compilation. Didn't even know the guy existed before we got linked.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
:lol: :lol: wait so he joined PSG then? We lost the battle? Even Bruno and Dalot can't convince him?

joedirt87

They should just sell Bruno then. Would imagine we could stop fetch a high fee for him and it would make more sense than letting him rot on the bench if he doesn’t fit ten Hag’s style. Would also allow us to pay for a RW and RB.
even if ten hag wanted to I have a hard time seeing the new front office and board selling him so soon right after giving a new contract

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Seemed to me much more like a FdJ backup than a partner. The roles they both like doing would functionally interfere.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Ah but the tough and fair negotiator Murtough saw to it that Bruno doubled his wages even though he was already tied down until he was 32...there's very few teams that will match his current wages, we could have probably sold him for a tidy profit until that stupid contract decision.

Ekeke

He would most likely play the Schone role next to De Jong in a pivot......the idea that De Jong should be paired with someone physical and defensive it contrary to how ETH set up his Ajax team in 18/19 with De jong in it.

Something like
Vdb
Vintinha
De jong
He didnt have Maguire and Lindelof at CB in the premier league so until that changes we're probably not going to play naked in the middle

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He didnt have Maguire and Lindelof at CB in the premier league so until that changes we're probably not going to play naked in the middle
Probably why ten Hag wants Timber so we don't need to play Maguire and Lindelof

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Damn, open the thread and it looks like we're getting him at about 17:00 today. Skip to the last page and he's signing for PSG.

Got excited for a second there. These type of signings excite me more than the De Jong type signings. I have only seen bits and pieces but he looks potentially brilliant, PSG snapping him up just confirms it really. Think we've missed out here and, should we sign De Jong, this might be the deal we look back on as a mistake in not pursuing.

Rolaholic

There's quite a fair bit of hype for someone who couldn't break into a poor Wolves side not that long ago...

Interested in seeing how he looks at PSG but wouldn't be surprised if he goes the way of Paredes over there.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We already have a player who could reach a similar level but is 3 years younger in Hannibal Mejbri. So if we did sign Eriksen and also developed Hannibal, I think that would be a sensible approach going forward.

jesperjaap

Yes discipline, Fred has played many games for us where he's maintained a level of discipline in a double pivot. The only difference in the hypothetical scenario presented in my previous post, would be that he would have to do less on the ball due to two ball players in midfield being alongside him, which would potentially lead to us controlling the game better both with and without the ball. So the creative burden would fall on Nunes and Vitinha, whilst Fred's game would be simplified.

I would rather us sign someone better than Fred but if we ended up signing two of de Jong/Nunes - Vitinha, then I can see the sense in waiting another season and going with Fred in a double pivot with either de Jong or Nunes partnering him.

There's no point signing a so called DM, if the aim is to control the game in possession and you don't have the players with the craft and guile to make it come together. Otherwise you end up in a situation where you're a holding midfielder but the ball doesn't progress very far and the opponent keeps coming back at you because you can't sustain attacks or retain possession. And Erik ten Hag knows this too well hence the priority signing is de Jong.
Seems an obsession with number 6s number 8s etc etc. What about a defnsive midfielder that is actually godo with the ball b ut positionally intelligent and a battler Bissouma, Fabinho are all good on the ball.

Personally I think there are more supposed defensive midfielder that are technically good enough on the ball to maintain possesion well in the modern game but there arent so many playmakers who are good defensively and Fred certainly isnt one of them.

We simply dont have any central midfielders who are intelligent enough or read the game well enough to play in the double pivot, that is why an ageing Matic was still playing.

Its vital for me personally we sign a midfielder that can win the ball, read the game, fill in holes....and rightly or wrongly I dont see how Ten Hag gets that out of the current options unless its with a youngster.

Usually agree with the vast majority of your posts, I really dotn with this one though. If there is an obession with these types of midfielders, we have a massive talent in Hannibal.

I think DeJOng is godo positionally without the ball, but a midfielder that can defend is important. To be fair I knwo very little of Vintiha, very vaguely remember him coming on for Wolves as had no idea who he was, but didnt know anything of him until the links

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So Hen Shrag is unreliable now?

Fabrizio is trying to fix his reputation.

Mainoldo

Well every summer our names gets used to get someone a big move. Looks like it was this guy.

For you Ragnick lovers. I bet if we had him this is the sort of deal he would of recommended. Defo a super DoF signing.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Pretty pleased - thought he was more of a Donny type signing, someone who is decent and available but not what we need. Especially not if we've offered a contract to Eriksen and are chasing de Jong, still needing an actual DM.

Martial

People frothing at the mouth about not signing someone based on a completely made-up report.

We don't need another Van de Beek.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Why doesn't Romano reveal the list of everyone who has been 'discussed internally by Ten Hag' he always refers to? (because he's made it up)

rainey

Supports
DZG
Just saw one of his YT compilations, some nice moves in there considering how young he is. One thing that stood out to me was how *extremely* right footed he is. Like the kind of dominant foot reliance you mostly see with lefties. He takes a ridiculous amount of touches with his right all in small spaces so it bodes well for his press resistance ability. And definitely shades of FDJ in there, but he's smaller in frame so it doesn't look as elegant.