Vitor Ferreira aka Vitinha

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Id say the likes of Fabio Silva wished he’d stuck a few more years in Portugal and got his game together. He probably could have been transferring to better clubs than wolves by the end of next season if he kept developing. I really don’t see the appeal being backup at a big club when you haven’t made your mark in the game anywhere yet. Would be a similar scenario to amad here. Money talks I guess.
I'd agree on the whole, but sometimes you have to strike while the irons hot, I remember us being linked with loads of youngsters that have ended up doing nothing of note in the game, Ruben Noble-Lazurus sticks to my mind for some reason, along with John Fleck.

But that's a huge club like United, going from Porto to Wolves seems like an odd move, which was clearly agent motivated.

dasty

So Porto's president actually confirmed that they have received a bid for Vitinha but without mentioning from who.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Whoscored have him playing the majority of his games as a CM with a few at DM, can any regular watcher tell me who's profile is he similar too?
FdJ :lol:

No, I'm not a regular watcher but look at the positioning of him in full game highlights and he does start from deep and can pass or dribble to ball forward well. Much like FdJ. He is probably in that style, or similar to Moutinho. A bit of both from what I've seen through YouTube highlights (not the best). All start deep and do a bit of a job defensively (Vitinha actually has good defensive stats) but like to get forward as the play advances. He also looks like he could play further forward too.

Trex

FdJ :lol:

No, I'm not a regular watcher but look at the positioning of him in full game highlights and he does start from deep and can pass or dribble to ball forward well. Much like FdJ. He is probably in that style, or similar to Moutinho. A bit of both from what I've seen through YouTube highlights (not the best). All start deep and do a bit of a job defensively (Vitinha actually has good defensive stats) but like to get forward as the play advances. He also looks like he could play further forward too.
Well maybe we truly made a bid, wrap it up quickly!

Okey

If the Frenkie deal isn't working out, 40m Euros on Vitinha, Eriksen on a free and getting a DM won't be bad business at all. Can't let Barca/Frenkie hold us to ransom.

reddevilz007

Vitinha, Laimer, Eriksen (free) and Grillitsch (free) for 55 mil would be great business.
It would give us depth and versatility.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Is he any good? I hope we move quick, but I feel we would let the FDJ saga drag too long until end of summer and have to pay over the odds on 3rd choices.

NLunited

Looks like a cheaper option than De Jong. He can play out from under pressure and can dribble the ball up the field. Also creative around the box. Could be good signing.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

Looks like a cheaper option than De Jong. He can play out from under pressure and can dribble the ball up the field. Also creative around the box. Could be good signing.
This. Definitely amongst the back-up options to FDJ, possibly alongside Caqueret?

Dazzmondo

Probably our FDJ alternative. Looked good whenever I watched him and still quite young. I'd definitely still prefer FDJ but it's good that we are looking at alternatives in case something goes wrong with FDJ deal. Ending up without any new cms would be an absolute nightmare.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This guys a DM? I dont know anything about him to be fair. He played for Wovles? Why didnt it work out there?
He was young and they had a very settled and established midfield at the time I imagine.

Can't say I have ever seen this guy play though.

gajender

This guys a DM? I dont know anything about him to be fair. He played for Wovles? Why didnt it work out there?
He is talking nonsense If anything it would be other way round De Jong would be playing the deepest midfielder like Matic and Vitinha would be more creative no 8 like Pogba .

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He is talking nonsense If anything it would be other way round De Jong would be playing the deepest midfielder like Matic and Vitinha would be more creative no 8 like Pogba .
Ah right. I thought so from the highlights, the guy didn't really look like a DM

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
One of the more reliable Portuguese newspapers has now reported on this, so it looks like we're seriously targeting him. With that said, this interest may be based on our apparent talks with Jorge Mendes last week, so we may not necessarily that far ahead that a transfer would be imminent.

Dempsey19

Wolves had the option to make his loan permanent for 20m euros and they didn't use it.

Now his release clause is 40m euros and if we are interested that's what it's going to cost.

Bojan Djordjic

Hope they know what they’re doing here. He doesn’t resemble any notions I have of a DM and from the clips I’ve seen he looks quite light weight and not particular athletic.

There was big hype about him during an underage international competition while he was still with Wolves and I was surprised because he hadn’t been getting much game time with them. Maybe he’s beefed up since. Would be great to have another technician in midfield along with De Jong though.

Trex

One of the more reliable Portuguese newspapers has now reported on this, so it looks like we're seriously targeting him. With that said, this interest may be based on our apparent talks with Jorge Mendes last week, so we may not necessarily that far ahead that a transfer would be imminent.
His club boss has already confirmed a bid was made but rejected, stating he can only be gotten by activating his release clause although he didn't mention who made the offer.

RPT_Reddevil

Reminds me a bit of Modric from the limited videos that I have seen of him so far.

We need an rvn

His YouTube looks a tad underwhelming.
Is that a good or bad thing considering how the caf reacts to youtube videos of players we are linked to. One or two clips of a screamer and we should buy him it seems at times.

I'm completely trusting ETH, Arnold, Murtough and Boyle given the changes that have been made behind the scenes

Liverpool seem to be snapping up, not un-heard of, players that are below the radar to fit their style and turn them into top class players

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
His club boss has already confirmed a bid was made but rejected, stating he can only be gotten by activating his release clause although he didn't mention who made the offer.
Right, we aren't the only club interested in him. I'm going to trust Jornal de Notícias here conclude that it's probably not us who put in the bid for Vitinha.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not sure. We don’t wanna be taking a punt on potentially average players but at the same time we do. Nightmare.

croadyman

If the Frenkie deal isn't working out, 40m Euros on Vitinha, Eriksen on a free and getting a DM won't be bad business at all. Can't let Barca/Frenkie hold us to ransom.
Quite honestly that would be better for us

Ekeke

Wolves had the option to make his loan permanent for 20m euros and they didn't use it.

Now his release clause is 40m euros and if we are interested that's what it's going to cost.
Yes. But that was before he was one of Porto's best players as they won the league with the joint 2nd most starts for Porto with 27. Now after proving himself that much Porto are saying they'll only let him go for his release clause. They wouldnt have said that last summer cuz he hadnt done anything yet

GoldanoGraham

The reality is we have lost Pogba, Matic and Mata on free’s this summer before we have done any business.

We are getting back Donny VdBeek, James Garner on loan, who the jury will be very much out on - and we currently have McFred.

Therefore we are in need of at least, as a minimum, 2 new players. If ETH can get a tune out of VdB then that would be fantastic, he will try but many are yet to be convinced. Think maybe Garner could do with a season on loan in the Prem with Forest to see how he performs at this level before really looking to bring him into the first team squad.

So we cannot be all eggs in one FDJ basket as we would need to supplement that deal anyway (if it goes ahead).

Not sure on this guy Vitinha but I’d really like to trust that we have a new scouting/target process post Woody & Judge and that we might actually target players for the system that the manager wants rather than what looks good on the NYSE.