Vitor Pereira Interview with Sky Sports

OmarUnited4ever

He went on live TV, and answered questions, it was like he was giving a pitch to Everton's Board.

due to that, hundreds of fans gathered outside Goodison Park to protest the chaos such as a managerial candidate going on live TV to try and clinch a job.

Some reactions: -

What are your thoughts?

Everton fans here, please tell us what you think.

ShinjiNinja26

He went on live TV, and answered questions, it was like he was giving a pitch to Everton's Board.

due to that, hundreds of fans gathered outside Goodison Park to protest the chaos such as a managerial candidate going on live TV to try and clinch a job.

Some reactions: -

What are your thoughts?

Everton fans here, please tell us what you think.
It would be hilarious if they went on to hire Lampard and it goes tits up. That guy will feel like a right fecking mug.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Of course it is fecking bizarre. It's like we are pitching to have our own Netflix/Amazon show with all the decisions from inside and outside the club. We are an absolute mess right now.

Also regarding Lampard, I don't think he's a bad manager, but I don't think he's the right one for us either.

Last edited:

Cloud7

Of all the managers in the world to say you want in, why would Lampard be the hill you die on?

Delano

Honestly, I want to thank Everton for making me feel better about United.

It's an absolute mess there at the moment, the decisions they make are baffling.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It's not a great start to have an interview on Sky Sports before you're even in the role.
He's not claiming to have the job though, he's talking about his interview experience and expressing his interest. If anything, it shows his determination for the job.

Deery

Dreary
Surely at some point the spray painter thought “Lampard?, feck sake I’m an idiot”.,

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's not claiming to have the job though, he's talking about his interview experience and expressing his interest. If anything, it shows his determination for the job.
Yes, but with all the noise surrounding the club currently we don't need more generated. It was ill advised.

Very strange goings on at Everton. Lampard isn’t the answer he would drag them down, surely they can find someone better.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Pure desperation from Lampard to spray that onto the walls of Goodison

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Lampard may not have been ready for Chelsea, but he isn't terrible. He's a good manager who did good things at Chelsea, but wasn't quite ready for that level in the end. I personally think he should avoid Everton anyway, as that club is in disarray and he would be walking into an extremely difficult situation.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Lampard may not have been ready for Chelsea, but he isn't terrible. He's a good manager who did good things at Chelsea, but wasn't quite ready for that level in the end. I personally think he should avoid Everton anyway, as that club is in disarray and he would be walking into an extremely difficult situation.
I agree. It's odd that managers often aren't treated like players in this regard. They're immediately written off if they fail early in their managerial career as crap. Lampard was absolutely not ready for the Chelsea job and there were signs at Derby that he could be a decent manager. He should go back to the Championship or a lesser league like Scotland to try and build his rep/skills.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I agree. It's odd that managers often aren't treated like players in this regard. They're immediately written off if they fail early in their managerial career as crap. Lampard was absolutely not ready for the Chelsea job and there were signs at Derby that he could be a decent manager. He should go back to the Championship or a lesser league like Scotland to try and build his rep/skills.
Yeah that would be my suggestion for him too. He shouldn't rush into managing in the PL again. I doubt he would have made that jump to the PL that soon in his managerial career if it was any other club than Chelsea knocking on his door. He should look at the Championship, find a club with a decent structure and allow himself the time to grow. He could be walking into quite a toxic situation at Everton and it would be an uphill battle from the beginning.

Mr Smith

Weird the attitude towards Lampard around here. He obviously wasn't good enough for Chelsea but he's not that bad. He won't solve all of Everton's problems but they could do a lot worse.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Why are they against pereira? I was under the impression he was a decent young manager.
He was young a long time ago, not any more. Since inheriting a good Porto team he’s been a journeyman. Recently getting sacked (after 6 months at Fener) and relegated (1860 Munich). I can see why Everton fans would not want him.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
53 years old with 20 years in management. Most recently managing in China before moving to Turkey where he was sacked after 6 months for poor performances.

He was young a long time ago, not any more. Since inheriting a good Porto team he’s been a journeyman. Recently getting sacked (after 6 months at Fener) and relegated (1860 Munich). I can see why Everton fans would not want him.
Sorry guys, I was getting him mixed up with the current Sporting Lisbon manager. All makes sense now.

acnumber9

Weird the attitude towards Lampard around here. He obviously wasn't good enough for Chelsea but he's not that bad. He won't solve all of Everton's problems but they could do a lot worse.
The reason being that the only reason to link him to the Everton job is his name as a player. He took Derby from 6th to 6th and Chelsea from 3rd to 9th or whatever they were when he was sacked. He has no pedigree for the job.

James Peril

Lampard in? That has to be a rival fan. Lampard is a dreadful, so it would be awesome if they were stupid enough to hire him.

TheReligion

Abusive
Of course it is fecking bizarre. It's like we are pitching to have our own Netflix/Amazon show with all the decisions from inside and outside the club. We are an absolute mess right now.

Also regarding Lampard, I don't think he's a bad manager, but I don't think he's the right one for us either.
Who do you think should come in?

it’s a tricky one I feel as you need a coach who can come in and deal with a dogfight and keep you up however that’s not going to be the same person you would want in the long term for a rebuild..

SATA

They shouldn’t have sacked Carlo to be honest. Some bad results yes but just let him get on with it. He’s a class act of a manager and doing well with Madrid now

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
They shouldn’t have sacked Carlo to be honest. Some bad results yes but just let him get on with it. He’s a class act of a manager and doing well with Madrid now
They didn't sack him? He left for Real. Little they can do about that.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Pereira is actually a good manager, but also very dogmatic, which makes him a very stubborn person at times. I think he's coming to England 10 years too late, I don't think his motivation to adapt to a group is becoming better.

He was actually sacked by Fenerbahce not because of results (the squad had a lot of problems with injuries, the board wasn't actually too much concerned), but rather because he couldn't convince his players to follow his philosophy and clashed with several key players.

One thing is certain: press conferences are going to be wild:

galwayfa

In my opinion, interview was done to keep him in the mews, to let other clubs know he's still around, id say there's a few on here who never heard of him before this, if he doesn't get Everton job, he will get one before long,

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Who do you think should come in?

it’s a tricky one I feel as you need a coach who can come in and deal with a dogfight and keep you up however that’s not going to be the same person you would want in the long term for a rebuild..
It's the first time with Everton that I have no idea what would be best. I think probably an interim rather than full appointment as I would want someone like Potter who won't come in to save us from relegation and would want a far stabler club. Problem with that is that I don't know who I'd have as an interim. Big Dunc can no doubt be a big character in the dressing room and for morale but tactically doesn't cut it. We don't need a tactical masterclass but just enough to string some wins together.