Wales - Euro 2021 Discussion

Lyng

Seriously clutching at straws there mate. Their frustration is understandable.
I think it's fair to be frustrated. The ref had a bad game and Amsterdam is almost like a second home for us Danes.
Yes Denmark where much much better and especially Hjulmand is several levels above the Welsh stand in coach, but frustration ist fair. And I think Bale walking away was completely fair, it was a super stupid question.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Is there a more petulant group of players than the Wales team?

1. Defender Chris Gunter has criticised the "joke set-up" of Euro 2020 after Wales' last-16 exit against Denmark. "You and us deserved more from this joke set-up of a tournament, but who said life was fair.
  2. 4 red cards in 7 games (admittedly Wilson's was harsh)
  3. Bale's sarcastic clapping at the referee
  4. Bale storming off in the post match interview

Plucky underdogs they may be, but their attitude and bitterness stinks.
If you look at the red cards, I’d argue that Ampadu’s was justified (but it’s not an outrageous challenge or anything), Connor Roberts got a second yellow in a World Cup qualifier back in March (deserved),

Neco Williams got a red for a handball against France in a friendly, but it’s not exactly violent conduct, and I think it was overturned

The 4 reds statistic paints a picture that is fairly disproportionate from the reality

I think Gunter is frustrated, I don’t think he should have come out and said that, but I also think many countries getting home games and less travel is unfair, and I said that before the tournament started. I also think it makes no difference to Wales though, Denmark are a better team and they played really well. I’d have rather Gunter not mentioned it now as it’s not fair to detract from Denmark, who have had a bumpier ride than anyone in this tournament.

Bale shouldn’t have clapped at the ref, but it happens. I laughed when Rooney did it.

Storming out of the interview isn’t a great look, but he’s asked that he doesn’t get questions about his personal career as he wants to focus on Wales, and not overshadow that.

I think it's fair to be frustrated. The ref had a bad game and Amsterdam is almost like a second home for us Danes.
Yes Denmark where much much better and especially Hjulmand is several levels above the Welsh stand in coach, but frustration ist fair. And I think Bale walking away was completely fair, it was a super stupid question.
I think you’re right about Denmark being much better, and though I don’t know much about Hjulmand, it looks like he’s done a great job. I think his game management was excellent, and that’s where a lot of the frustration came from the Welsh players, after a promising first 10 minutes they had absolutely no answer for Denmark. I think the technical quality between the two teams showed.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Is there a more petulant group of players than the Wales team?

1. Defender Chris Gunter has criticised the "joke set-up" of Euro 2020 after Wales' last-16 exit against Denmark. "You and us deserved more from this joke set-up of a tournament, but who said life was fair.
  2. 4 red cards in 7 games (admittedly Wilson's was harsh)
  3. Bale's sarcastic clapping at the referee
  4. Bale storming off in the post match interview

Plucky underdogs they may be, but their attitude and bitterness stinks.
:lol: :lol: Stormed off, you should write headlines for the mail, also Wales did have to put up with a joke of a setup.

djembatheking

It was a very tough tournament for Wales. The setup is really messed up.

Travel three thousand miles to Baku
- Play in front of no fans against Switzerland (they also had no fans, so it was more even)
- Play in front of a stadium full of Turkish fans with no fans of their own

Travel about two thousand miles to Rome
- Play Italy at home with no fans

Travel eight hundred miles to Amsterdam
- Play against Denmark, who had played at home throughout the group stage (and only need to travel about 400 miles by plane)
- Denmark were allowed a stadium full of fans because Covid obviously doesn't spread when the Schengen agreement is involved.

That is 5,800 miles of travel by plane within about 20 days. To be honest, they did all they could in this tournament. You can also add that they played in hotter temperatures than a lot of teams, having been in Baku and Rome.
You can also add that they are shit as well.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Nice to see so many putting the boot into Wales this weekend.

Up until very recently nobody would have bothered as we never qualified for anything.

Nice to be included these days.

TheReligion

Abusive
It was a very tough tournament for Wales. The setup is really messed up.

Travel three thousand miles to Baku
- Play in front of no fans against Switzerland (they also had no fans, so it was more even)
- Play in front of a stadium full of Turkish fans with no fans of their own

Travel about two thousand miles to Rome
- Play Italy at home with no fans

Travel eight hundred miles to Amsterdam
- Play against Denmark, who had played at home throughout the group stage (and only need to travel about 400 miles by plane)
- Denmark were allowed a stadium full of fans because Covid obviously doesn't spread when the Schengen agreement is involved.

That is 5,800 miles of travel by plane within about 20 days. To be honest, they did all they could in this tournament. You can also add that they played in hotter temperatures than a lot of teams, having been in Baku and Rome.
You can also add that they are shit as well.
FFS :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
:lol: :lol: Stormed off, you should write headlines for the mail, also Wales did have to put up with a joke of a setup.
"SHOCKING scenes as one time footballer, now full-time GOLFER Gareth Bale Storms off and SPITS in the face of the interviewer"

(May not have spat in the face of the interviewer)

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
"SHOCKING scenes as one time footballer, now full-time GOLFER Gareth Bale Storms off and SPITS in the face of the interviewer"

(May not have spat in the face of the interviewer)
Forgot to add ‘the welsh cnut’. That seems a nice phrase also use around here.

djembatheking

Aww seems like some welsh people have hurt your little feelings. Nice that we’re
in tournaments now so you can have a little pop back. Enjoy it.
I mean Chris Gunter can come out with all the excuses he wants but at the end of the day they were awful, just saying .

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Forgot to add ‘the welsh cnut’. That seems a nice phrase also use around here.
Yeah i did see someone use that phrase. I have no idea where the feck all this comes form, to be honest! :lol:

Wales seem like a pretty innocuous side. They've obviously done really well these past few years, but they're not really going to win the major tournaments. Resentment is normally reserved for teams who win all the time. It's a weird one. Although to be fair, there's also a lot on this site who appear to champion the home nations and wish them well. You'll always get a few cretins.

The Cat

Yeah i did see someone use that phrase. I have no idea where the feck all this comes form, to be honest! :lol:

Wales seem like a pretty innocuous side. They've obviously done really well these past few years, but they're not really going to win the major tournaments. Resentment is normally reserved for teams who win all the time. It's a weird one. Although to be fair, there's also a lot on this site who appear to champion the home nations and wish them well. You'll always get a few cretins.
I said the other week I will always quietly support the other home nations and the reasons why.

However I can also see the English might have been dying for payback from that leaked video of the Welsh players celebrating when England got knocked out last time around.

That's all fair in love and war - some just take it too seriously though as in the phrase used above - it will never be life and death.

djembatheking

I said the other week I will always quietly support the other home nations and the reasons why.

However I can also see the English might have been dying for payback from that leaked video of the Welsh players celebrating when England got knocked out last time around.

That's all fair in love and war - some just take it too seriously though as in the phrase used above - it will never be life and death.
This guy gets it. I went out this afternoon just to wind up a few of my Welsh mates, got to take the chance when it arises as I know I will get it back the minute England get knocked out, I am used to it by now.

The Cat

This guy gets it. I went out this afternoon just to wind up a few of my Welsh mates, got to take the chance when it arises as I know I will get it back the minute England get knocked out, I am used to it by now.
It's nice we can actually be part of the conversation - I waited 45 years for it.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

That is very fair. I take a passive interest in the home nations. International football isn't really my thing. I enjoy the major tournaments, but when it comes to football it's all about United. I really wanted Scotland to beat Croatia and obviously for Wales to win yesterday, but both sides were well beaten by the better side.

As you say, some do take it too far. There sometimes appears to be a genuine hatred towards the people which is the point at which I find it very weird. That's just something else entirely.