Wan-Bissaka for sale

RC89

They can feck off with the loan. They have the money and it would be a huge upgrade on what they have now. He would be brilliant for a team like Palace. Pay up or leave. 25 + 5 would be a decent return.
I'd be over the moon if we can get this. I'd even sell for the low 20's.

TOKUGAWA-X

I still think he can be a decent RB with a system around him.

Just months ago he was considered the best 1v1 in the world.

Hughie77

Don't be to quick to throw thus boy out. He has a lot of qualities.
AWB, was deployed against Palace to keep Zaha quiet, and in the main it worked. Dalot Is not that good at defending ETH by the way his teams work, AWB may not be needed, as they play with possession.
AWB was bought to defend as since jose, Ole UTD haven't played possession based football.
But unless UTD can get anywhere near £30 million for him I think they sell.
That's a long shot imo.

joedirt87

I still think he can be a decent RB with a system around him.

Just months ago he was considered the best 1v1 in the world.
the only way I think he could work in a top side is when a team has the ball he basically tucks in to become a CB and they completely avoid him in the build up. he is awful with the ball, he cant pass and that's not even when he is under pressure. maybe he's damaged goods now from the lack of quality coaching during his United years but just watching him everything he does in an attacking sense is just so slow, and mechanical.

SeanyC

Think what Mark Ogden mentioned today that AWB was good at Palace because they’re not the type of side to be attacking all the time, so AWB never had it instilled into him, hence why he’s good one on one when defending.
Now perhaps that could have changed if we had better coaches but still, he doesn’t have it in him. Prob best he does leave

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Agreed. United have to shoulder some blame that he hasn't had the right coaching and environment to kick on, but he has to take the brunt of it. He simply has not improved in the slightest in the time he's been here.
Precisely why he wouldn't be the RB I'd sell this summer, see what ETH can do with him

Dalot on the other hand has had Mourinho, Ole, RR and a loan in Milan since signing with us and has proven he's not going to improve

Nickelodeon

Precisely why he wouldn't be the RB I'd sell this summer, see what ETH can do with him

Dalot on the other hand has had Mourinho, Ole, RR and a loan in Milan since signing with us and has proven he's not going to improve
Can’t really split the two. The more one plays, the better the other one seems.

In my opinion, we should sell the one who fetches higher money which seems to be Wan Bissaka. A first choice RB must be signed in any case.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

He's more of a valuable than Dalot being english and there's very little difference in their level.

@Nickelodeon exactly

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can’t really split the two. The more one plays, the better the other one seems.

In my opinion, we should sell the one who fetches higher money which seems to be Wan Bissaka. A first choice RB must be signed in any case.
You'd think Dalot would have more suitors being a full International, already played in 3 different leagues etc. Dortmund wanted him last summer IIRC before the club vetoed it after refusing to pay the money for Trippier

Honestly don't know where AWB goes, Palace wouldn't even pay half the 50m to get him back

GL21

I'd much rather keep wan bassaka he can at least defend. Dalot cannot and isn't much better going forward

DanClancy

I'm sure there'll be a good few clubs interested in him, he's a good defender which he's proved in his time at United. This season has been a complete disaster for United, he's clearly poor on the ball and isn't going to get better. He's 2 years left on his current deal but there won't be too many clubs who could match his salary.

Probably likely he'll leave on loan this summer.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm sure there'll be a good few clubs interested in him, he's a good defender which he's proved in his time at United. This season has been a complete disaster for United, he's clearly poor on the ball and isn't going to get better. He's 2 years left on his current deal but there won't be too many clubs who could match his salary.

Probably likely he'll leave on loan this summer.
No he hasnt shown anything that he's a good footballer. Good tackler at best and that's it

And he's proven he's a shit footballer at united. I dont get where you got the notion that he's proven himself to be a good defender?

He's shit. That's the problem or we wont be talking about selling him.

Mr. Ant

I just wonder if he really has a place in PL as a full back.
Even teams down in the relegation zone have more technical players in those positions.
If someone can transform him into a center back he could be much more useful.

MDFC Manager

I'd much rather keep wan bassaka he can at least defend. Dalot cannot and isn't much better going forward
Don't know why people continue to think AWB is a good defender. He's got no positional or tactical sense, zero aerial ability. Just having a good recovery tackle isn't the sign of a good defender.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Don't be to quick to throw thus boy out. He has a lot of qualities.
AWB, was deployed against Palace to keep Zaha quiet, and in the main it worked. Dalot Is not that good at defending ETH by the way his teams work, AWB may not be needed, as they play with possession.
AWB was bought to defend as since jose, Ole UTD haven't played possession based football.
But unless UTD can get anywhere near £30 million for him I think they sell.
That's a long shot imo.
Don't be too quick?

The guys been here for 3 years! And people wonder why this club is the way it is, giving enough time for Jones to get a testimonial, Mata to be, well just be Mata for the last 9 years without doing anything.

Just because AWB should leave doesn't mean Dalot should stay, they should both be booted out!

bringbackbebe

Don't know why people continue to think AWB is a good defender. He's got no positional or tactical sense, zero aerial ability. Just having a good recovery tackle isn't the sign of a good defender.
We were in complete disarray throughout last season. It's not possible to look at one position and say "oh, changing the player there or changing the formation will help". A few players ended up taking the piss of fans - Fred & McTominay in the first 6 months, AWB & Maguire in the final 6 months. There was attitude, mentality and psychological issues as well. My opinion is AWB isn't bad and we won't know how good/bad he is unless he plays under the right coach. Dalot has been equally terrible and Telles worse - and what's that other English left back's name who sometimes plays for us when he's in the mood?

Gordon Godot

100% this. Also there was Palace highlights video that supposedly showcased his attacking attributes. He can only beat people or cross if its at full speed and purely reactive to a situation, even then he always looks like he's on the brink of falling over or losing the ball. When a team sits back and give him time and space he is clueless. How we saw anything in him, let alone paid £50m, is testament to the complete failure of football decision making at the club.

Hughie77

Don't be too quick?

The guys been here for 3 years! And people wonder why this club is the way it is, giving enough time for Jones to get a testimonial, Mata to be, well just be Mata for the last 9 years without doing anything.

Just because AWB should leave doesn't mean Dalot should stay, they should both be booted out!
And what then buy 2 RBs, that makes sense , look the squad needs a overhaul, and you have to do it bit by bit. AwB has had 2 full seasons not 3. Dalot has been out on loan then back again, both are not the Answer but you cannot get rid of the 2 unless you buy 2 or promote Brandon williams as the Back up RB.

On top of that you have to get clubs to buy them. Dalot imo we could sell without a problem as he cost around £18 million? AWB much more and the board would want to recoup most of there fee. Or leave him go on a free when his contract runs out.

Revaulx

I just wonder if he really has a place in PL as a full back.
Even teams down in the relegation zone have more technical players in those positions.
If someone can transform him into a center back he could be much more useful.
Really?

He’s a decent defender, but his positional awareness is suspect and he’s hopeless in the air. Those two weaknesses are going to be exposed far more at centre back.

Lee565

I can't believe how dumb ole and scouting team were in buying him for 50 million for god sake, the guy had one good season at lower table side and that was enough which is just crazy thinking, there were so many cheaper rb out there we could have signed that were proven over many years in that position but that is too logical for the clowns doing the recruitment at the time, amateurs.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He's nowhere near good enough and anyone saying he could improve with a better manager or in the right system, what planet are you on? He's never had a run of games where he's shown that he's up to it here and is unbelievably limited. £50m was daylight robbery for him and his transfer is a prime example of how rubbish our scouting department have been this last decade and especially under a manager who seemed to think 'buying british' initially was the way to go.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I hope Newcastle can come in with a cheeky bid for him.
This seems to be the answer for most of our deadwood, however Newcastle seem to have been pretty smart in their business so far, apart from Chris Wood which seemed to be a case of having to buy some sort of striker with Callum Wilson out at the time.

Mr. Ant

Really?

He’s a decent defender, but his positional awareness is suspect and he’s hopeless in the air. Those two weaknesses are going to be exposed far more at centre back.
Yeah of course he needs to improve drastically in those aspects of his game. I don't know if he can but I just don't see him as a player that is really suited to this modern game.

Burnley are gone and I think everyone plays with more attacking and technically sound full backs. Even Dan Burn when he was at Brighton had a better cross on him than Wan Bissaka.

Basically I'm just really wondering what did our scouts see in AWB?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yeah of course he needs to improve drastically in those aspects of his game. I don't know if he can but I just don't see him as a player that is really suited to this modern game.

Burnley are gone and I think everyone plays with more attacking and technically sound full backs. Even Dan Burn when he was at Brighton had a better cross on him than Wan Bissaka.

It’s literally baffling, especially considering that Ole, I’m assuming, knew where we wanted to go with the team.

We signed them in 2019 playing a low block, counter attacking style knowing full well we wanted to transition to a front foot side that plays a high line with attacking full backs. It’s criminal really, and why an overarching philosophy is important. If we weren’t chopping and changing all the time, we’d go “they don’t suit what we’re after, next” and save ourselves 130m.

Revaulx

Oh I agree. He’d have been great in the days of touchline-hugging wingers but there aren’t as many of those around these days. His defending against ones that cut in is a lot less reliable, though he always seems to do well against Sterling :)

His energy levels are a bit suspect also. He will be an absolute beast one moment, and then go into jog mode a little bit later. I know it’s an easy buzzword to get annoyed at, but Dalot seems to be capable of a lot more “intensity”.

Edit: I’m not sure whether our scouts would have had a lot of say in the process. It was after we’d told the world that we were undertaking a Cultural Reset that involved recruiting a Young British Core. I imagine either Palace or AWB’s agent were on the phone to Ed after that telling him they’d got Just The Chap.

Last edited:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
And what then buy 2 RBs, that makes sense , look the squad needs a overhaul, and you have to do it bit by bit. AwB has had 2 full seasons not 3. Dalot has been out on loan then back again, both are not the Answer but you cannot get rid of the 2 unless you buy 2 or promote Brandon williams as the Back up RB.

On top of that you have to get clubs to buy them. Dalot imo we could sell without a problem as he cost around £18 million? AWB much more and the board would want to recoup most of there fee. Or leave him go on a free when his contract runs out.
AWB was signed in June 2019, that's 3 seasons, not 2.

We really need to get out of this cycle of holding onto players because we can't sell them for what we want, it's another reason why we're in this mess.

And yes, buy one first team RB after selling Dalot and AWB then let a youth prospect like Liard or Williams play a few games.

My guess is Ten Hag is going to thin this squad out as it isn't fit for purpose anyway, why do we actually need two RBs in one window? City and Liverpool and Chelsea do just fine operating with a single main RB, we need to strip this squad back to its bare bones and build up, get a regular first 11, and only add depth when the added player can replace a starting 11 player.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Agreed. United have to shoulder some blame that he hasn't had the right coaching and environment to kick on, but he has to take the brunt of it. He simply has not improved in the slightest in the time he's been here.
I don’t agree. I think in his second season he improved offensively (the stats compared to other fullbacks excluding TAA, Robertson should prove this). However, this season he has been allowed to regress! Shocking all round. In the eyes of the fans he’s done, so over to you ETH