Wan-Bissaka for sale

romufc

Agreed. United have to shoulder some blame that he hasn't had the right coaching and environment to kick on, but he has to take the brunt of it. He simply has not improved in the slightest in the time he's been here.
If this was the case, why isn't everyone an elite footballer? There are reasons why he doesn't improve, he is not anywhere near the level required to be a Manutd level footballer.

I mean there has to be something for coaches to work with, they wont spend their time coaching players who cannot be coached.

Judas

Open to offers
He has one skill, tackling. Which he has to do more often than not because he’s out of position, he’s insanely average in so many departments beyond one on one defending. If Ten Hag can turn him into a proper player I’ll be massively impressed.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I remember people here saying that he isn't good enough on the ball, when we were initially linked. To think that some random internet posters knows more than our certain scouts, shows the sorry state of ours.

marktan

£20m to Palace would be a good return since they actually need a RB to replace Ward

VDB to Ajax for £20m would be a good return

Unfortunately we hold on to players that have no future here for way too long. See Lingard for £10m last season, Mata about 10 years ago. Simple things are like rocket science at this club

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I don’t agree. I think in his second season he improved offensively (the stats compared to other fullbacks excluding TAA, Robertson should prove this). However, this season he has been allowed to regress! Shocking all round. In the eyes of the fans he’s done, so over to you ETH
He's reverted to the mean, in my opinion. I do agree he did improve offensively, but then went so far past what he was when he arrived, it's all evened out to an average no different to when he arrived.
If this was the case, why isn't everyone an elite footballer? There are reasons why he doesn't improve, he is not anywhere near the level required to be a Manutd level footballer.

I mean there has to be something for coaches to work with, they wont spend their time coaching players who cannot be coached.
I don't understand what you're saying? I think the main reason he hasn't improved is him, but you can't deny we've pretty much improved no one over the last 2 seasons, which has a lot to do with the coaching and environment around the club.

romufc

I don't understand what you're saying? I think the main reason he hasn't improved is him, but you can't deny we've pretty much improved no one over the last 2 seasons, which has a lot to do with the coaching and environment around the club.
Yeah, I agree that we need to improve players but players like AWB are not going to improve to a level we want him to, its better to cut our losses on him and move on.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
£20m to Palace would be a good return since they actually need a RB to replace Ward

Unfortunately we hold on to players that have no future here for way too long. See Lingard for £10m last season, Mata about 10 years ago. Simple things are like rocket science at this club
Why would we sell Donny when we have the manager to get the best out of him

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not sure we will be selling him this year. Give him a chance to work under ETH. If he still can't cut it then see you.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, I agree that we need to improve players but players like AWB are not going to improve to a level we want him to, its better to cut our losses on him and move on.
Oh yeah, that's what I think too!

led_scholes

How many chances do players deserve? He was okay in his first year, mediocre to bad in the second and awful in his third year here. He is a limited footballer. Granted, a good coach can develop him but it will take years and his potential is not that high. Clyne is a better footballer but Lpool were quite happy to offload him. Yet here people still say we should give AWB another chance. This is the mentality that has stagnated us: Rewarding with another chance unsuitable players.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Part of the rebuild should be selling British dross, I have no doubt... Think we should deal with Lingard & Jones first, while still think what to do about McTom who had quite horrific season.

Find RB on City / Pool level and we could easily part ways with one of Bissaka / Dalot. Selling will most likely be easier than finding actual player who fits.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think this will be an unpopular opinion but I'd rather keep Dalot and be rid of AWB. At least Dalot makes things happen in the opposition third. Well he does the same in our own third but I digress.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Part of the rebuild should be selling British dross, I have no doubt... Think we should deal with Lingard & Jones first, while still think what to do about McTom who had quite horrific season.

Find RB on City / Pool level and we could easily part ways with one of Bissaka / Dalot. Selling will most likely be easier than finding actual player who fits.
Lingards going anyway?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He always was a player who needed to improve his overall/general game dramatically in order to become an actual top class RB.

He hasn't done that at all, if we're honest.

If there's genuinely a possibility to sell him back to Palace for 20 odd mill - well, what can you say? I'd probably take that money and run.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Lingards going anyway?
Most likely but he's still here, just like Jones and Greenwood. I hope this will dealt with very soon (matter of weeks, rather than months), as it's taxing on morale of pretty much everyone.

With Maguire & Rashford staying, think Bissaka right now is somewhere in between going & staying. ETH and scouting team will have to deal with this in smartest way.

AWB staying means Ten Hag will have to activate his player managing skills to the fullest. Won't be easy and most likely gonna be bumpy ride in his first season.

Zippycup

Not sure we will be selling him this year. Give him a chance to work under ETH. If he still can't cut it then see you.
That’s the biggest issue a new manager faces and why I think you’re right.

AWB simply isn’t good enough to play at the highest level.

There are no question marks over his defensive ability but his attacking ability is lacking to such an extent that you’d question his ability as a professional football player. He is best suited to a team that defends more than it attacks, and for that reason I don’t think Vieira will want him at Palace. That only leaves lower league teams who either can’t afford him or/and his wages or the player himself won’t to take such a big step back.

Therefore, ten Hag will have no option but to give him an opportunity to show him what he can bring to the team under his management

Deep down we all know its nothing more than saving face for both the club and the player.

He isn’t the only player this applies to, which is the scary part.

Zippycup

Because he's shite
He hasn’t been given the opportunity to show us that he’s shite.

Vidic and Evra were terrible for us when they first joined, I doubt they would have been given the same opportunities from the fans to succeed as they were back then.

Donny was superb under ten Hag. Sometimes it,s not the player but the set up and system within the team that makes a player look bad.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Assume those wanting us to keep Wan Bissaka instead of Dalot still accept we need a new first choice right back. Ten Hag will obviously have a style and system of play and presumably he'll want it to be seamless when you take out a player for another (rotation) that you won't need to change how we play, like the way Liverpool and City rotate their squads and you never notice a difference. Not sure if Dalot is the answer either but he atleast looks like a shitter version of the type of right back stylistically that ETH would likely be after. He'd be more capable of slotting in as cover into a ETH system than Wan Bissaka I'm sure

SAFMUTD

I don't think Ten Hag will even give him the chance, his offensive skills and passing ability is so distant from what Ten Hag likes on a fullback that I dont think he'll even fancy trying him out. Best thing is to move him now, his stock will only fall further because he wont get game time.

marcus agrippa

I remember people here saying that he isn't good enough on the ball, when we were initially linked. To think that some random internet posters knows more than our certain scouts, shows the sorry state of ours.
There's also a poster above claiming AWB would 'make a cracking defensive midfielder' ... so I reckon it goes both ways. ;)

DSG

I think this will be an unpopular opinion but I'd rather keep Dalot and be rid of AWB. At least Dalot makes things happen in the opposition third. Well he does the same in our own third but I digress.
Great take and so true. :lol:

To be fair, neither Dalot nor AWB have shown they are good enough for United. It’s not like Dalot is Phillip Lahm on the ball — attacking wise he’s pretty poor too. Prime AWB (ha!) he at least locked down the likes of Sterling and other top wingers. If I had to choose, I would take AWB, just because he’s better defensively.

Rajma

Should be one of the first to players to be sold. Simply inadequate to any kind of progressive football and a lazy fecker with no football awareness to boot. Probably the worst footballer in our squad, just edges Maguire in that respect.

Red00012

It’s to protect their value so we can lose them on a free then

Zippycup

Should be one of the first to players to be sold. Simply inadequate to any kind of progressive football and a lazy fecker with no football awareness to boot. Probably the worst footballer in our squad, just edges Maguire in that respect.
He's hardly lazy, is he.
As for Maguire being the worst player in the squad? Come on man, he isn't even close.

BuzzKillington

Don't be too quick?

The guys been here for 3 years! And people wonder why this club is the way it is, giving enough time for Jones to get a testimonial, Mata to be, well just be Mata for the last 9 years without doing anything.

Just because AWB should leave doesn't mean Dalot should stay, they should both be booted out!
I agree but feel the need to defend both Jones and Mata. Both are good footballers. Mata we bought without having any idea how to use and Jones is actually a very good CB with an appalling injury record and an unfortunate tendency to pull silly faces.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Seems like a decent bloke and got an incredible sliding tackle on him but was never Utd quality and poses little attacking threat.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I agree but feel the need to defend both Jones and Mata. Both are good footballers. Mata we bought without having any idea how to use and Jones is actually a very good CB with an appalling injury record and an unfortunate tendency to pull silly faces.
Mata was definitely victim of our appalling decisions at board level, Jones too actually, they both should have been shipped out after being useless for 2-3 seasons.

I'm all for giving young players time to adapt and adjust, but when a poster is saying to give AWB more time (more than 3 years) then it takes the cake really, AWB is 25,l at the start of next season, he should be entering his peak.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't think Ten Hag will even give him the chance, his offensive skills and passing ability is so distant from what Ten Hag likes on a fullback that I dont think he'll even fancy trying him out. Best thing is to move him now, his stock will only fall further because he wont get game time.
he's shown plenty of times he's good at beating a man and can play decent link up play.

I've actually been annoyed at his defensive play more than his attacking play this year. He has plenty of potential, i'm sure ETH can get a better tune out of him.

He needs proper coaching. His 2 coaches he's had so far have been Hodgson and Solskjaer.

Andersons Dietician

In many ways I kind of hope he stays and ETH works with him because I do feel that he can go a few more levels. However he kind of falls in the same category as Bruno and Rashford for me. All can do better and need someone to work with them, but if they were sold wouldn’t really lose any sleep over them.

Hughie77

AWB was signed in June 2019, that's 3 seasons, not 2.

We really need to get out of this cycle of holding onto players because we can't sell them for what we want, it's another reason why we're in this mess.

And yes, buy one first team RB after selling Dalot and AWB then let a youth prospect like Liard or Williams play a few games.

My guess is Ten Hag is going to thin this squad out as it isn't fit for purpose anyway, why do we actually need two RBs in one window? City and Liverpool and Chelsea do just fine operating with a single main RB, we need to strip this squad back to its bare bones and build up, get a regular first 11, and only add depth when the added player can replace a starting 11 player.
That's how bad its Been I thought it was 2 seasons the lock down one and this season. Anyway if awb and dalot both go only Brandon williams will be left. RB has been a position that hasn't been addressed properly since Valencia went.
Maybe this season we sort it.

Brophs

The One and Only
The story arc: every outlet reporting that he wasn’t in ETH’s plans and then the next day people are running with him being willing to wait for a new contract is like something from Arrested Development.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Think what Mark Ogden mentioned today that AWB was good at Palace because they’re not the type of side to be attacking all the time, so AWB never had it instilled into him, hence why he’s good one on one when defending.
Now perhaps that could have changed if we had better coaches but still, he doesn’t have it in him. Prob best he does leave
He started out as a winger at Palace and was reverted to RB because he didn't make the grade. I may be wrong but it's hard to see him becoming a complete defender which is what we need if we're serious about getting back to the top.