Wan-Bissaka for sale

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He's only good at tackling 1v1. Other than that he's fairly bad.

His awareness and positioning is unbelievably poor which is my biggest gripe with him.
Those shortcomings can be overcome with good coaching though, no?

James35

At most one of the three right backs we have, go on loan. Not a chance we sell any of them, all paid too much for the level of clubs who might be interested. Similar with any of the players we'd be open to selling, they are paid like top tier talents when in reality they are levels below.

What makes it worse, we will no doubt pay half the wages also. How a club gets itself into such a shit situation is beyond me.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Wan-Bissaka is a £10m player at most, his overinflated wages probably lower his price for buying clubs too because they will be lower half Premier League sides at best.

Abraxas

I'm normally not one for playing players out of position, but I always thought AWB may have potential as a destroyer-type CB. He has the physical attributes, the tackling ability, and he's strong one-on-one. He just happens to be useless at everything you'd expect a fullback at a top club to be able to do.
I think this or DM has been mooted a few times. I think he'd be appalling as a CB, personally - I think these ideas only come about through sheer desperation as he's not much cop in his actual position. The one thing you definitely need at CB is awareness of what is going on around you and positional sense and it seems to be his biggest weakness. How often has he played somebody onside from right back, or failed to track a runner?

redcucumber

I'm normally not one for playing players out of position, but I always thought AWB may have potential as a destroyer-type CB. He has the physical attributes, the tackling ability, and he's strong one-on-one. He just happens to be useless at everything you'd expect a fullback at a top club to be able to do.
AWB as a destroyer CB?! No disrespect intended, but I really don't see that at all. He's extremely meek and while he's fairly tall, he doesn't impose himself physically. He is good at timing last ditch slide tackles but that aside, he lacks all the requisite attributes to be a top level defensive fullback, let alone a CB (and a destroyer-type at that!). His heading is poor, his positioning is extremely suspect, he doesn't appear to communicate at all on the pitch. Crystal Palace absolutely fleeced us.

Also, like @KiD MoYeS said, the comparison to Valencia by @van Nistelrooy is insulting to Tony V. He was our Player of the Year at one point and had an extended stint as captain. He was a fantastic player on his day and a great servant to the club. AWB is nothing like him.

Infra-red

Can't pass the ball and is therefore a complete waste of space for ETH. He needs to go but we should be looking to sell - a series of loans and free transfers won't do much to boost our budget.

Giggsyking

Actually I think this is false?
I dont know why I thought he is on 65 k per week. After checking it appeared he is on 80 k per week. It is still not an insane number. If you consider Benteke is on 120k per week.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I dont know why I thought he is on 65 k per week. After checking it appeared he is on 80 k per week. It is still not an insane number. If you consider Benteke is on 120k per week.
It really is insane for him.

DevilRed

Don't think he will leave. We won't have enough money left over to sign a right back.

I also think he will vastly improve under ETH.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
AWB is a good right back in a low-mid block counter attacking team. His stats back this up. He’s exceptional at winning the ball back and starting transitions. He’s good at progressive dribbles carrying the ball from deep at speed and very good at dribbling despite his awkward style. His performances when we were a transition side under Ole back up how good he can be in this set-up. His time at Palace backs up how good he can be in this set-up which led to us spending 50 million on him. As per usual on here people shit on everything Manchester United.

AWB Whoscored ratings the last 3 seasons:
21-22 6.91
20-21 7.15
19-20 7.02

He’s still 25. He doesn’t suit ETH’s style because he’s poor progressing the ball from deep via passing but Palace fans will love getting him back. Great signing for them especially on loan.

Caesar2290

Why are we even trying to get rid of him?

He was a starter under Ole, and then Ralf came in with his attacking full backs and benched him.

Now that Ralf is gone and ETH is yet to have a training session with him, and yet we are actively trying to get rid of him ahead of people like Jones and Bailly.

honirelandboy

Need a right back, Liverpool sign Calvin Ramsay, We really are the laughing stock of World football with the Glazers in charge.

georgipep

Brilliant. So 120m plus sales is actually 120m.
Those who choose to believe the media and form their expectations on journo hearsay are doomed to forever be disappointed and frustrated.

That works both for the AWB loan and the expectation that our transfer budget is made of £120m + sales.

The club's spending power is affected by wages, transfer and agent fees. A player on £100k/week gross costs £5.2m/year just from his wages.

Trex

Why are we even trying to get rid of him?

He was a starter under Ole, and then Ralf came in with his attacking full backs and benched him.

Now that Ralf is gone and ETH is yet to have a training session with him, and yet we are actively trying to get rid of him ahead of people like Jones and Bailly.
Its his skill set, you could see why he did do well at palace in their low block, were he can focus on defending one on one against wingers which he excel at.
In a progressive style which ETH would like to implement 1st touch, passing skill is more important were you would be asked to play through pressure he'll be an easy target to press.
This is probably ETH call after seeing him play.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Those who choose to believe the media and form their expectations on journo hearsay are doomed to forever be disappointed and frustrated.

That works both for the AWB loan and the expectation that our transfer budget is made of £120m + sales.

The club's spending power is affected by wages, transfer and agent fees. A player on £100k/week gross costs £5.2m/year just from his wages.
He’s not on 100k a week. It’s not media speculation to think selling players would result in us having more money to spend on players - it’s basic maths and it’s something Liverpool and Chelsea do very well. We need 5/6 players. AWB and Henderson are our two most saleable assets. If both are going out on loan it’s impossible to see where we’re getting the money to sign what we need.

Caesar2290

Its his skill set, you could see why he did do well at palace in their low block, were he can focus on defending one on one against wingers which he excel at.
In a progressive style which ETH would like to implement 1st touch, passing skill is more important were you would be asked to play through pressure he'll be an easy target to press.
This is probably ETH call after seeing him play.
Yes, but also ETH's high line emphasizes a lot of 1 vs 1 defending, especially on the counter. AWB is perfect for that. Also judging by how he set up the FBs to tuck in and play the DM role in possession, I think AWB could play the Mazraoui role in possession. Plus he is very athletic, and ETH went on record to say that he wants athletic players.

He also has a very good pass completion and decent progressive carry capacity. And as far as I know there has yet to be a report that said that ETH completed a squad assessment. So far it's our DoF who is doing the business.

You must be joking? Being able to slide tackle does not equate to being one of the best full-backs in the country defensively.
The state of our "armchair expert" fans :rolleyes:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Tbf, so has the entire team. It's not like he was a standout. Even so, he has impressive stats. Just look at the post above.
I dont need to, I saw his games. I saw individual errors like shit marking at the back post and shit positioning.

RedDevilQuebecois

Good RB for a team of campers parking the bus with a low block, but absolute dogshit for a system where you want both ball control and serious attacking output from the fullbacks.

It is what it is.