Wan-Bissaka for sale

Irrational.

Liverpool would get £60 million for him at the very least.

Any email proposing a loan should be replied to with the middle finger emoji.

Teja

Let's see if the new guys are any better than the old ones. If we send him out on loan, subsidize his wages and give him a new contract offer, then this club is doomed.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We should take £15m, don’t be too stubborn to ask more than 20m. £20m will be no brainer. Come on Crystal Palace, that’s not difficult. Stop with the loan deal. Hope Everton also stay up so they can be interested in signing this guy since they kinda need a right back given Coleman doesn’t have lot of years left in his career.
I suspect they won't have much money to spend and they also just bought Patterson in January.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

If its true Jose wants Wan-Bissaka, it kinda shows that Wan-Bissaka (like Maguire) was scouted to suit his style and we still bought him despite firing Mourinho. As if Mourinho's exit would have no impact on the style of football we'd play, as well as the players we might need to go in a different direction. Very Man Utd of the past 10 years...

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
No thanks. I'd rather have him as backup, or just sell for decent money

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

If its true Jose wants Wan-Bissaka, it kinda shows that Wan-Bissaka (like Maguire) was scouted to suit his style and we still bought him despite firing Mourinho. As if Mourinho's exit would have no impact on the style of football we'd play, as well as the players we might need to go in a different direction. Very Man Utd of the past 10 years...
I’ve noticed we’ve often signed players like that — who were targets a year or so ago and then signing them the next season. It’s almost like the club were being lazy in that they’d done the due diligence the season before and might as well wrap them up now instead of massively looking into other targets

Jaae

Not ITK
If Ole really cared to make amends he'd join a new club and put in a joint bid for Maguire and AWB. Show some fecking humility.

CM10

We've got to sell this summer, even if we subsidise wages. All these loans with views to becoming permanent transfers never work out for us and the player ends up staying here for another 3 years. We need a clean break.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Doesn’t Jose play a 3 at the back formation with Roma? Don’t see wan bissaka being decent at wingback where he’s expected to attack more then defend.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Doesn’t Jose play a 3 at the back formation with Roma? Don’t see wan bissaka being decent at wingback where he’s expected to attack more then defend.
3 at the back doesn’t always mean two wingbacks at all. It generally means that one/two of the back five have freedom to progress up the field. It’s not always the two widest and more often than not isn’t.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’ve noticed we’ve often signed players like that — who were targets a year or so ago and then signing them the next season. It’s almost like the club were being lazy in that they’d done the due diligence the season before and might as well wrap them up now instead of massively looking into other targets
I don’t think that’s fair at all. We may fee that these are the wrong players at times, but the club will feel that they are pursuing long term targets rather than deviating because a player isn’t available in one window. In principle, I am always happy to get the right players rather than a player who is available just now. It’s clear, for example, that Jude Bellingham is a long term target of the club, and if they can get him in a year, or two years etc then they will.

TheRedHearted

I can't believe none of the scouts realised he was terrible on the ball.
It was a desperation move
“We need a right back!!!
Here’s an English guy who plays in the premier league !!
How much money? Who cares! We need one?
South America? Germany? France?(for less money) Na, we need an English one!

Rake

It's pretty sad how bad we are at selling players.
I'd say that we are bad at signing players and negotiating contracts. Inflated transfer fees + big wages = difficulties to sell a player if he is not a success.

I was quite hopeful for AWB. Sadly, there has been absolutely no improvement in his game since he joined.

DJ_21

A perfect replacement for him would be max Aaron’s… with Norwich being relegated he should be easy to get. We need to be smart about signings, doesn’t always have to be the marquee ones. Look at Liverpool with Robertson. This could be a really good signing if it happens.

rooney2009

I'd say that we are bad at signing players and negotiating contracts. Inflated transfer fees + big wages = difficulties to sell a player if he is not a success.

I was quite hopeful for AWB. Sadly, there has been absolutely no improvement in his game since he joined.
Same here, I think there is a good player in there somewhere and he just needs to find his confidence

The Red Thinker

Wan Bissaka cannot pass. Therefore must be sold in a regime that values ball skills above all else. Sorry Aaron, you would do well in Italy. Not in a Ten Hag team.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Lingard, Henderson and Dalot loans turned out to be good opportunities to sell at a good price, it's what the club does after the loan that takes the piss.
Yeah we need to learn to follow up by selling for realistic prices and no last minute changes of mind

golden_blunder

Staff
A perfect replacement for him would be max Aaron’s… with Norwich being relegated he should be easy to get. We need to be smart about signings, doesn’t always have to be the marquee ones. Look at Liverpool with Robertson. This could be a really good signing if it happens.
He’s been average at best this season. In fact at times he didn’t even make their team. We need to be cautious with overrating Norwich players

DJ_21

He’s been average at best this season. In fact at times he didn’t even make their team. We need to be cautious with overrating Norwich players
But norwich has been awful… if he doesn’t cost much then he’s less of a gamble. He can’t be that bad, he has some decent teams interested in him. Bet Robertson had bad games for hull but then joined Liverpool and turned into one of the best LB In Europe.

golden_blunder

Staff
But norwich has been awful… if he doesn’t cost much then he’s less of a gamble. He can’t be that bad, he has some decent teams interested in him. Bet Robertson had bad games for hull but then joined Liverpool and turned into one of the best LB In Europe.
Even back then Robertson had much more to his game than Aarons. Hence I started that thread saying he reminded me of Irwin.
decent team interest didn’t turn into anything so I call BS
I think he’s overrated. There’s better than him in the market

Based Adnan

You can still stand out in an awful team which Aarons has failed to do. Ask any Norwich fan and they'll tell you Williams outperformed Aarons this season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wonder if it's from his agent (who was told he'd be offered for sale) or the club who have put this out. Pretty strange timing in my view, before the end of the season. Not like he's a bad apple or caused any stir.

Has there been anything other than a rumoured loan to Palace with an option to buy?

HookedOnAPhelan

Just not good enough. If he tried his best and was professional throughout then no hard feelings and good luck to him.

Lee565

Surely there are better and wealthier sides (no serie A sides) that we can loan him to and does he even fit the current style of play at Palace under viera? If we could interest a side like atletico with taking him in loan that would good as he would suit simeone's style well

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Surely there are better and wealthier sides (no serie A sides) that we can loan him to and does he even fit the current style of play at Palace under viera? If we could interest a side like atletico with taking him in loan that would good as he would suit simeone's style well
Can see that just being a martial 2.0. Back to square one next summer

Herman Toothrot

Such a shame, seemed like a great signing and initially did very well. I don't understand how so many players have gone backward, I can't believe these players won't get back to their best and I pray United's days of crushing talent are over. Something was rotten at Manchester United, let's hope ETH is the breath of fresh air that blows it away.

dubplate warrior

Such a shame, seemed like a great signing and initially did very well. I don't understand how so many players have gone backward, I can't believe these players won't get back to their best and I pray United's days of crushing talent are over. Something was rotten at Manchester United, let's hope ETH is the breath of fresh air that blows it away.
He was only ever going to look decent in a low block, just like Harry Maguire.

BlueHaze

He will only be considered good at defensive teams. Offensively he's completely inept and will forever remain so.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Could see him being a good fit on the right of the three defenders though

That said Roma have played a back 4 most of the admittedly few times I've seen them

And I think looking at this they play with a 4 more often than not

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/a...oma are sitting deeper,the ball on the flanks.

RaulitoElCrack

Initially looked like a beast 1v1, but is a liability when required to advance up the pitch and caught out of position too often coupled with poor awareness of his surroundings means he is not Utd material.

Benched by Dalot says everything.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Aside from Palace, any other PL teams who might be interested?

Everton maybe? Coleman looks beyond done but I'm not sure what their financial sitiation will be like even assuming they cash in on Richarlison/DCL.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Id hope Atletico can come in for him somehow

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Aside from Palace, any other PL teams who might be interested?

Everton maybe? Coleman looks beyond done but I'm not sure what their financial sitiation will be like even assuming they cash in on Richarlison/DCL.
Everton already signed a new right back apparently.