Wan Bissaka injured by our death trap pitch side set up

hungrywing

Need to get a rubber ground cover and soft and squishy advertising boards.
That's a few mentions of balls and rubber and spikes and squishy flesh and pits and blood and digging down (towards hell) now. 'Tis the season.

We need to use it to our advantage. I'd raise it up even more, make the fall more steep.

Leave very little room around the white lines for players trying to run up for corners and long throws.
This but put it on hydraulics so that it's nice and flat for our corners/throw ins. Show me in the rule book where it ever mentions hydraulics. Go on, I'll wait.

Brophs

The One and Only
Put a slip 'n' slide down there, next one of the lads goes careening off the side of the pitch they know that they'll have a bit of craic while they get their face smashed in from a Mr. Peanut advertising board.

Devil81

The flip side is I did enjoy the snake getting boshed into pit last season. I think it’s because of drainage needs but seems a bit of a death trap.
Yeah it was great seeing Di Maria smash into advertising.
That being said surely they could have some sort of platforming between the advertising and pitch covered in turn.

That way they wouldn't need to drop the pitch level and effect the drainage.

BlueHaze

I'm 100% sure RVP also smashed into something and was down for quite some time as well. Was that at OT or another arena?

Edit, it was at QPR away, similarly to the one at OT.

Charlie Foley

It's happened way more than once or twice - off the top of my head I remember Shaw, Di Maria (lol), Rashford, Pogba, McTominay in recent years take hard hits into the barrier or floor after chasing a ball towards the corner flag.
I looked that one up and it reminded of me when I was playing Sunday league as a kid. One of the dads had brought his 3 year old daughter. About 2 minutes into the game a guy on the other team absolutely bodied one of our players over the sideline with a shoulder. Problem was our player plowed into and then flattened the little girl. We all kind of instinctively stopped, as if the ref would give a free kick to the toddler :lol:

we lost 3-1

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Replace the wall and hoardings with chairs and sell half-price tickets to very fat and blubbery people. If any players got lost the ball boys could dive in and pull them out again.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
I always thought the massive slope was to try and improve the view from the first couple of rows?

It does seem crazy that it's brick though. Surely it could be something much softer? Especially wearing with players wearing studs, it's a accident waiting to happen.
Do you realize how many injuries are caused by players crashing into each other or being stepped on or head butted? Get rid of opposing players and injury problem is solved.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
And unsurprisingly, they all survived with minimal problems.

‘The club need to protect them’. Funny!

The club literally run these ‘assets’ in to the ground and bleed them for everything they can.
Yeah, but they can’t monetise them if they’re laid up with a fecked leg because of a shitty pitch design.

arthurka

yeah, not sure i agree with the “nothing serious has happened yet, so it must be fine” approach. pop music tried that approach and they were sorry when westlife emerged.
NSYNC came and saved the decade so that was alright.

Oldtraffordboy

The logic of some here seems to be, because nobody has had a horrific Injury yet, it's fine.

A bit like saying my house hasn't caught fire yet so why get a smoke alarm.

Banana Republic

The slope and drop is one thing, but I’d be more concerned about the brick skirting and it’s sharp edging.
That’s no laughing matter. Just plain stupid by whoever designed it and signed it off, all those years ago.

As for the silly suggestions, how about a rotating pitch, that can change the goal ends around?
That way, we can play towards the Stretty in both half’s, even with changing ends………Mmmmmmm?
I’ll have another think about that one?

VanHaal'sRedArmy

I like the feature. Kinda like the Green Monster in Fenway (for all the yanks on here) but the meaning takes a different turn here.

Hughes35

Do you realize how many injuries are caused by players crashing into each other or being stepped on or head butted? Get rid of opposing players and injury problem is solved.
Idiotic reply to be honest.

Opposing players, tackles etc are part of the game. A massive slope with a brick floor isn't.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
An accident waiting to happen that has happened once!!! I’m pretty sure that the system has been in place for well over a decade

People crying over this need to find something else in life to worry about.

I’d be more concerned about themgetting too close to an actual person than clattering in to some advertising boards or a brick.
"Hey, we're seeing a problem that can potentially be dangerous, maybe we should adress it" - Fans, December 2021

"Nah, chances are very low, lets only do something about it after someone does get hurt, this sick look is worth one injury every few years"
@K Stand Knut - December, 2021

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'm no engineer or architect. However, having been involved in the building industry here are my thoughts.

The front row seating or even possibly two would need to be dismantled and the slope levelled around the pitch. Another less favourable option would be to reduce the playing area to give the players an extra meter or two before the slope.

hungrywing

Let's just rebuild Old Trafford
Glazer spawn to reporter: As you can see, Old Trafford has been faithfully recreated, down to the iconic pitch incline beloved by the fans, whom we deeply respect and adore and fully support in their support of this hallowed ground.

I'm no engineer or architect. However, having been involved in the building industry here are my thoughts.

The front row seating or even possibly two would need to be dismantled and the slope levelled around the pitch. Another less favourable option would be to reduce the playing area to give the players an extra meter or two before the slope.
A handicapped access ramp but continuously applied all around the perimeter. This is genius.

ROFLUTION

He's 50/50 for Saturday it seems. Not the World's worst injury.

I do like that Old Trafford has it's own characteristica like this tbh. If it's only 1 small injury in what, 10-20 years, then all this seems a bit exaggerated

K Stand Knut

"Hey, we're seeing a problem that can potentially be dangerous, maybe we should adress it" - Fans, December 2021

"Nah, chances are very low, lets only do something about it after someone does get hurt, this sick look is worth one injury every few years"
@K Stand Knut - December, 2021
you don’t know how quotation marks work, do you?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've thought this for years now. It's incredibly dangerous for both our players and opposition players.

MartinRed

Yeah but when Ashley Young body checked Di Maria we were all happy.

SuperiorXI

How about instead of fixing the pitch we raise Old Trafford so it's level with the pitch?

This can be achieved cheaply if everyone chips in with their own car jack, lines up around the perimeter of Old Trafford, 1, 2, 3, done. Stick some steel blocks in place and jobs a gooden.

hungrywing

How about instead of fixing the pitch we raise Old Trafford so it's level with the pitch?

This can be achieved cheaply if everyone chips in with their own car jack, lines up around the perimeter of Old Trafford, 1, 2, 3, done. Stick some steel blocks in place and jobs a gooden.
Absolutely ridiculous. How does this in any way increase the debt for Woodward's bosses at JP Morgan. Obviously the club should buy the fans the car jacks and other paraphernalia instead of having everyone chip in with their own.

SuperiorXI

Absolutely ridiculous. How does this in any way increase the debt for Woodward's bosses at JP Morgan. Obviously the club should buy the fans the car jacks and other paraphernalia instead of having everyone chip in with their own.
You're 100% right, I'm hanging my head in shame.

hungrywing

You're 100% right, I'm hanging my head in shame.
No no, please don't do that. We all occasionally nearly succumb to our non-hypercapitalistic instincts. I myself nearly once had second thoughts about purchasing an elite organization with its own debt and then grossly mismanaging said organization whilst roughly ninety-nine percent of the fanbase thought I was a financial genius for about eight years.

Now, I see here there is one 'Car Jack Coverings (and paraphernalia) Ltd.' registered in your name.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I looked that one up and it reminded of me when I was playing Sunday league as a kid. One of the dads had brought his 3 year old daughter. About 2 minutes into the game a guy on the other team absolutely bodied one of our players over the sideline with a shoulder. Problem was our player plowed into and then flattened the little girl. We all kind of instinctively stopped, as if the ref would give a free kick to the toddler :lol:

we lost 3-1
:D