Television WandaVision

DM07

Ended up watching this last week. Maybe I am too dumb and the fact that I have watched each of the MCU movies exactly once might have played a role but a lot of it flew over my head.

1. What was the need of the tv show being broadcast to the outside world. Why did Wanda feel that she had to send a glimpse of her life to the outside world that too as a 30 min sitcom? If that hadn't been done maybe SWORD and others wouldn't have found out what was actually going on. Also who was the crew behind it. Was it Wanda alone directing the show or were Agness and Vision also involved in the production?

2. There is behind the scenes type of scene in episode 6/7(?) where vision and Agness both talk about Wanda as part of the TV show cast? What was that about? Who were the actually talking to? Who was behind the camera?

3. In the final episode why didn't Wanda control the military and sword when they were inside the hex? The hex was her own creation so surely anyone getting in should have been transformed and came under Wanda's control?

4. I keep hearing about the multiverse thing. But surely there's no multiverse yet right? It was Wanda's own alternate reality which has now ended and vision and her sons are dead again and the timeline hasn't been altered.

It might be that I have missed out because I didn't watch it too carefully so would be grateful if someone could explain what happened.

Hamnat

Ended up watching this last week. Maybe I am too dumb and the fact that I have watched each of the MCU movies exactly once might have played a role but a lot of it flew over my head.

1. What was the need of the tv show being broadcast to the outside world. Why did Wanda feel that she had to send a glimpse of her life to the outside world that too as a 30 min sitcom? If that hadn't been done maybe SWORD and others wouldn't have found out what was actually going on. Also who was the crew behind it. Was it Wanda alone directing the show or were Agness and Vision also involved in the production? Wanda didn't know that it was being broadcast to the outside world, she didn't even consciously know she 'did all this' until Agatha made her face it. They were showing that "magic" has a signature that science can follow and track basically. That's why they had all the scientists there trying to analyze it all and it took Darcy figuring out that there were trackable effects coming from the dome. Even the scene when Monica got powers and we saw her looking at the actual spectrum of energy in there is a visual representation of all the energy etc.

2. There is behind the scenes type of scene in episode 6/7(?) where vision and Agness both talk about Wanda as part of the TV show cast? What was that about? Who were the actually talking to? Who was behind the camera? Agnes was always just acting. She was never controlled by the "magical storylines" Wanda was creating for everyone else. So she was playing along with the 'interview style sitcoms' She told us she was just waiting for her opportunity to break Wanda out of the massive magical maelstrom she created and figure out how she did it. Vision was just sometimes caught up in the magic, then he would break out and figure it out, but be swept up again. At the end he realized what was happening and ripped off the "mic"

3. In the final episode why didn't Wanda control the military and sword when they were inside the hex? The hex was her own creation so surely anyone getting in should have been transformed and came under Wanda's control? It was all falling apart by then. She had expanded the hex to the limits of her control things were glitching and falling apart she also realized how that control actually hurt all these people. She just delegated that to the kids to disarm them and keep them at bay. They are young avengers after all

4. I keep hearing about the multiverse thing. But surely there's no multiverse yet right? It was Wanda's own alternate reality which has now ended and vision and her sons are dead again and the timeline hasn't been altered. The final end credit scene leads us to believe that was the point there is a multiverse in the WandaVision timeline which leads into Doctor Strange 2. Deeper multiverse stuff happened in Loki... which came out later but the WandaVision end credit scene could fit after the events of Loki and probably do based on what we saw.

It might be that I have missed out because I didn't watch it too carefully so would be grateful if someone could explain what happened.

DM07

Hey. Thanks a lot for the effort. That does clear up a lot of things. I haven't watched Loki yet. I am assuming that will help regarding my doubts regarding the multiverse.

Sylar

Hey. Thanks a lot for the effort. That does clear up a lot of things. I haven't watched Loki yet. I am assuming that will help regarding my doubts regarding the multiverse.
Yes, it's more involved with it

Then the cartoon what if? Is basically all about it
Theyve introduced the concept in the spiderman movie but are drip feeding it

RedPed

Whatabouter.
So after swerving this for two years because of that awful trailer, I ended up watching the whole thing over 3 days. Holy feck! What a ride! I've never been a fan of spin-offs but that was some serious shit right there.
Debating now whether to ride the Loki train or not. But only if it is better than WandaVision.

Swedish_Plumber

So after swerving this for two years because of that awful trailer, I ended up watching the whole thing over 3 days. Holy feck! What a ride! I've never been a fan of spin-offs but that was some serious shit right there.
Debating now whether to ride the Loki train or not. But only if it is better than WandaVision.
Obviously depends on your own personal tastes but I enjoyed Loki as a whole show more. A lot more consistent!

flameinthesun

Loki has been my favorite so far, with wandavisoon just behind it. The set decoration, costumes snd most of all music in Loki is realky good.

RedDevilRoshi

Both shows are terrific. Loki pretty much explains everything about the multiverse.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I didn’t think Loki was all that. Wandavision was better.

cafecillos

The first few episodes were actually the most interesting part of the show, then it became a much more standard Marvel production.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I just watched this. Peaked midway and nosedived terribly in the final 2-3 episodes.