Television WandaVision

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Watched the first 2 EPs, my guess:
They're going all in on Wanda, and this is kind of like a House of M sorta deal, in that she's completely altered reality, atleast her own. Probably due to PTSD (when you think about it, shes had a pretty tough ride in the MCU).

Ekeke

If you think you won't enjoy it, why are you even watching it?
Because I'm a huge fan of superhero comics and its based on characters from it. Granted I'm a much bigger fan of DC, but if its good its good and doesnt matter who made it. Also I like some of the actors, normally

However...

The first 2 episodes were extremely boring. It was like 2 episodes of B roll footage from that 70s show. The storyline reminds me of what a superhero show normally does for a 1 off episode as filler, rather than a whole series based on it. Hopefully things speed up fast because another 2 episodes like that and I probably wont finish the show.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Because I'm a huge fan of superhero comics and its based on characters from it. Granted I'm a much bigger fan of DC, but if its good its good and doesnt matter who made it. Also I like some of the actors, normally

However...

The first 2 episodes were extremely boring. It was like 2 episodes of B roll footage from that 70s show. The storyline reminds me of what a superhero show normally does for a 1 off episode as filler, rather than a whole series based on it. Hopefully things speed up fast because another 2 episodes like that and I probably wont finish the show.
I get that, I'm a pretty big fan of most of the MCU stuff (never got into Agents of Sheild) and if it's only 30 min episodes will definitely give this a go.

Sometimes with TV shows there is a kind of sunk cost fallacy going on, where you've invested so much time that it's hard to stop watching. I gave up on Vikings towards the end for example but lasted till the bitter end of GOT.

Ekeke

I get that, I'm a pretty big fan of most of the MCU stuff (never got into Agents of Sheild) and if it's only 30 min episodes will definitely give this a go.

Sometimes with TV shows there is a kind of sunk cost fallacy going on, where you've invested so much time that it's hard to stop watching. I gave up on Vikings towards the end for example but lasted till the bitter end of GOT.
Yeah. Cuz if eventually, at a reasonable point theres something amazing that happens it doesnt matter that it had a bit of a slow burn at the beginning. But its gotta be really good at that point and make up for having to wait. Plenty of shows, or films, or music do that. So you need to invest more than a couple of episodes to really know how the show is

Rustyspider13

Watched the first two episodes and thought it was quite well done. I actually chuckled at some of the jokes, which are intentionally corny to match the sitcoms of the era. Olsen is very good in it. The show could open up a lot of possibilities for larger MCU shenanigans. Curious just how far they take it. I think the shorter season and overall MCU hype will help it retain audiences through the initial slow burn.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Enjoyed that. Solid enough start & they’re clearly setting things up to get crazier in the coming episodes.

I’m guessing the guy in the hazmat suit is an Agent of SWORD who manages to get into her reality before she gets back control by “rewinding”.

Last edited:

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast

However...

I’m with you on this, it was a struggle to watch those 2 episodes.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I never realised how charismatic Olsen is, her role in the MCU hides it well but she was fantastic in this. Really enjoyed that, way more than I thought. Very much looking forward to the next episode.

Sylar

I never realised how charismatic Olsen is, her role in the MCU hides it well but she was fantastic in this. Really enjoyed that, way more than I thought. Very much looking forward to the next episode.
Yeah she's great. Her and vision play off each other well

Very bewitched atmosphere but they had enough little cracks to make you want to see more
And the eps were pretty much 20-30 minutes so short enough to not seem too long.

When she saw the beekeeper and said no, I think we're going to see the full element of her powers building and showing up

el3mel

Watched the first episode. Decent watch, but time has really moved on from such type of comedy. The fake crowd laughing makes me feel cringy because I didn't find the jokes that funny at all. I don't have a problem with shows with crowd laughs by the way, unless when I myself am not laughing. There're of course one or two instances that I laughed, but most of time I didn't.

Not sure I'll be that interested in completing it and I really don't know how this is really a canon ? But I'll try to check from time to time as much as I can.

Last edited:

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Found the first two episodes pretty boring. The idea that they are in a sitcom but something bigger is going on is interesting but most of it is just like watching a show from 50 years ago which is fine for like 10 minutes but it becomes tedious as it's not really funny. Basically just waiting for the moments where something strange happens.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
really enjoyed them

grew up watching I dream of genie and bewitched so really appreciated the authenticity of the show

Oldyella

Really enjoyed these first episodes. I think if the episodes were longer the cheesy 50s sitcom setting might start to annoy, but this was just right, with some great Easter eggs and an ominous feel sleeping into everything. Love that marvel are trying something different and it's working for me so far.

nimic

something nice
Scout
There was a bit too much imitation for me. It's not really so much a play on old sitcoms as an actual old sitcom so far, with a too-few eerie notes.

el3mel

Watched the second one, nothing has changed my opinion, decent watch but the over focus on the sitcom is bringing the show down. Hopefully they start focusing more on the mystery part the upcoming episodes.

TsuWave

what's the release schedule? Is it going to be one episode per week or two?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
what's the release schedule? Is it going to be one episode per week or two?
One per week. Falcon & The Winter Solider series starts the week after this finishes.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
What, you don't feel nostalgic for American 1950s (and 60s... 70s) sitcoms played reasonably straight?
That's what I mean, it's played a bit too straight. I said to a mate earlier that it feels like a YouTube parody that's being stretched a bit too long. Expect the foreshadowing will make more sense as the series progresses.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
That's what I mean, it's played a bit too straight. I said to a mate earlier that it feels like a YouTube parody that's being stretched a bit too long. Expect the foreshadowing will make more sense as the series progresses.
That's the point. It's not real.

el3mel

I get the idea it's a parody and this is all imagination in her head but this is pretty much what we have all seen in these 2 episodes, a cringy 50 years old sitcom and nothing else. It's imo bringing the show down.

If they want to focus the first 2 episodes on such parody before diving into the main plot, at least write better jokes ?

Sylar

I think that's why they released two to begin with
As they've put enough of the cracks in the system there and we will see more of it (probably an increase per episode)

Dante

Average bang
So far it's been 90% fifties/sixties sitcom, 10% Marvel.

If you don't like sitcoms from that era, there's been almost nothing worth watching in the first couple of episodes.

They'll probably move into seventies sitcom in the third episode. But there's only so long the writers can afford to keep this going. They have to move away from the schtick and into the substance. Two episodes is already arguably too long to keep viewers waiting.

Last edited:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I most certainly did not enjoy those two episodes apart from a few moments. I'll stick with it for a while as it's clearly going to evolve into something else.

Adamsk7

I loved it. It's fairly obvious where it's going to go and reviewers all say the first two episodes are slow and episode 3 is where the real story begins. I liked that they went all in on the period sitcom but sprinkled just enough to make you think it's going to start unravelling very soon. Each to their own though and I do see why some don't like it.

We're already in colour now after episode 2 and there have been a couple of fleeting shots of the outside world along with the end credits, which are full Marvel and not in keeping with the rest of the show. I don't think it will be long until we get some of the scenes from the trailers, which show how expansive it will end up

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I enjoyed them. I found the points where the cracks in reality started to seep in whet well done. Ep 1 with the woman repeating stop it while laughing was quite Lynchian. I also liked Paul Bettany's drunk performance.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I enjoyed them. I found the points where the cracks in reality started to seep in whet well done. Ep 1 with the woman repeating stop it while laughing was quite Lynchian. I also liked Paul Bettany's drunk performance.
I'll be very upset if there isn't a that 70s show reference.

Ekeke

Even if you loved 50s sitcoms you'd watch one of the classic ones right? Not watch people in 2021 pretend its the 50s and not very well?

Whats the target audience, Marvel cinematic universe fans who have also run out of other 50s sitcoms to watch?

So surely the show is transformative in the next 2 episodes... Right?