Television WandaVision

Sanche7

They are building up the story, so i would give them some time. There are 9 episodes in the season and if the house of m predictions are right, then it should turn out to be pretty awesome. 22-24 mins is like really short for an episode though. They are probably trying to make it feel like a sitcom but I wish they would release all episodes together like Netflix does.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
They are building up the story, so i would give them some time. There are 9 episodes in the season and if the house of m predictions are right, then it should turn out to be pretty awesome. 22-24 mins is like really short for an episode though. They are probably trying to make it feel like a sitcom but I wish they would release all episodes together like Netflix does.
They're trying to make sure they get new subscribers

Sylar

I think Disney and marvel have built up so much good faith that it will allow long term stuff like this

Some have said they didn't like the first two but will stick with it (that's based on long term booking)

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I think they could have done 1 episode of the “happy ever after dream world” (aka 70’s sitcom) without losing much, if anything of where they’re headed. Dragging it out to two is a bit much.

Woodzy

Tbh, take the Marvel away and I still would have enjoyed for what it was. Was very funny at times.

acnumber9

I think Disney and marvel have built up so much good faith that it will allow long term stuff like this

Some have said they didn't like the first two but will stick with it (that's based on long term booking)
They could stick a cape on a turd and people would watch it. Expect a new trilogy for Turdman, where only one of them is any good to be a huge success.

nimic

something nice
Scout

Now add on about 30 seconds of non-parody content.

That's episode 1 of WandaVision.
I wouldn't even say parody. A parody makes fun of something, this is more or less played straight.

Tbh, take the Marvel away and I still would have enjoyed for what it was. Was very funny at times.
Are you 80 years old by any chance?

Sylar

Well being a parody would take away what they're trying to accomplish
Playing it straight makes sense if they're going the way we all think it is

Sylar

They could stick a cape on a turd and people would watch it. Expect a new trilogy for Turdman, where only one of them is any good to be a huge success.
Well second one they would need to introduce a sidekick

Sylar

Sure, I just wish they would get there quicker. A lot quicker.
I mean we shall see what happens in ep3 but we've had about 40 minutes of the series and saw a big break in wandas own reality, so much so she had to rewind it
I personally don't mind the pacing as they've introduced colour already.
I get you may want it quicker as I've seen some people say the same

It almost writes itself.
Sounds more like DC material though given what their universe has provided so far

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I fecking hate Anthony Mackie, the personality void.
:lol: I thought I was alone in not being able to stand him. He even made me hate Black Mirror for a whole episode.

That said, I watched The Banker on Apple TV a few days ago, and I actually liked him in something for the first time.

Anyway, WandaVision......watched the first episode, only stayed tuned because of the whole Marvel goodwill thing, and to see where it all goes. I could do this if it was a binge. But I can't wait a week to watch 24 mins of 60's sitcom reruns. I fell asleep in episode 2, so have to rewatch that, but I am going to wait until this is all out and then binge. The only way these first episodes are tolerable is knowing how much it should change soon.

Sylar

Just awful. Boring, unfunny and really slow paced. Random ads just to name drop and random scenes just to create some suspense.

If the angle is Wanda's memory, then they've taken a dreary way to go about it.
It's not her memory
Unless you didn't mean memory and meant the reality in her own head and what she wants it to be, which is how I see it

Will you be continuing to watch it?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Loved it. It's quirky.

I believe
Wanda has created this reality since she couldn't take Visions death
Think the same

That was made clear when she rewinded the beekeper death[/spoilers]

Sylar

Loved it. It's quirky.

I believe
Yep. And I could see it go two ways:

she goes insane and full on mad villian that needs to be redeemed or stopped due to her powers (like a dark phoenix)
Or is so far gone she needs to be saved (by Dr Strange?)

Oldyella

Just awful. Boring, unfunny and really slow paced. Random ads just to name drop and random scenes just to create some suspense.

If the angle is Wanda's memory, then they've taken a dreary way to go about it.
Those ads definitely arent random.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Loved it. It's quirky.

I believe
I don't think she's created it, rather shes gate crashed it for the same reason, there's hints of various characters in their from the comics so we'll see. There's a theme of her communicating with the mind behind it all in the first 2 eps, the Boss at the dinner table going nuts asking what they're doing there, the conversation in the second with the lass when the radio starts going funky explaining she doesn't mean any harm and almost asking for permission, which it doesn't believe. I don't think she's controlling the characters as they're under the influence of someone else as when Wanda breaks her character, they seem to come to become confused to where they are or who they are.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
It's not her memory
Unless you didn't mean memory and meant the reality in her own head and what she wants it to be, which is how I see it

Will you be continuing to watch it?
Yeah, that's what I meant.

And yeah I'll be watching it. Looks like it'll soon get out of the 50s and we get to see main plot. Hopefully in next episode itself.

Plus why 50s? Wanda should be a 80s baby at best, so imagining in 50s is weird.

Sylar

Yeah, that's what I meant.

And yeah I'll be watching it. Looks like it'll soon get out of the 50s and we get to see main plot. Hopefully in next episode itself.

Plus why 50s? Wanda should be a 80s baby at best, so imagining in 50s is weird.
I think this is why marvel are right in doing it the way they did

Any other owner of the property, I could see most not returning to it (unless it got great ratings after and a big turning point)

But given the years of good will they have, most will continue even if they found the first two boring or strange or whatever else

Drifter

American
Not bad. But they really went to town with the nostalgic sitcom theme, only a few times did you see that all is not as it seems. Looking forward to it picking up and unraveling in further episodes.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I think this is why marvel are right in doing it the way they did
See for me the Pilot of any series has to offer much more what we see here. There is no context, no premise or world setting, no clue to structure of show and more importantly the characters are obviously false. Of the 2 episodes perhaps 2 minutes were spent on showing us a mystery and rest were just fluff. Probably their attempt to do something different. They know since this is MCU fans will stick around and have more patience. Had this been non-Marvel show, it'd have been grossly panned.

Sylar

See for me the Pilot of any series has to offer much more what we see here. There is no context, no premise or world setting, no clue to structure of show and more importantly the characters are obviously false. Of the 2 episodes perhaps 2 minutes were spent on showing us a mystery and rest were just fluff. Probably their attempt to do something different. They know since this is MCU fans will stick around and have more patience. Had this been non-Marvel show, it'd have been grossly panned.
That's my point, marvel are ok doing it due to their good will. This is why they can make it a slow burn and lead to the movie

And if that works successfully they also know people will want to watch their other properties like falcon and winter soldier, Loki etc

Rustyspider13

For the people wondering when they'll get to the main plot, know that they'll be going through the decades all the way to 2000s. They'll undoubtedly up the mystery ante each episode but the sitcom parts are here to stay. It doesn't bother me as I find some of the jokes actually funny and am enjoying Olsen's performance. As for speculation,

I think it's Mephisto. Agnes' devil's not only in the details line stuck with me. Wanda might have done an actual deal with the devil without considering the consequences. I think his goal is taking Wanda's magical child. She has some degree of control but I think it's him manipulating the strings.

el3mel

For the people wondering when they'll get to the main plot, know that they'll be going through the decades all the way to 2000s. They'll undoubtedly up the mystery ante each episode but the sitcom parts are here to stay. It doesn't bother me as I find some of the jokes actually funny and am enjoying Olsen's performance. As for speculation,

I think it's Mephisto. Agnes' devil's not only in the details line stuck with me. Wanda might have done an actual deal with the devil without considering the consequences. I think his goal is taking Wanda's magical child. She has some degree of control but I think it's him manipulating the strings.
This will be shame if true, because honestly if I want to watch a sitcom I will go and watch one, not a Marvel Show. This should have been few minutes of comic relief in between the main events and not the main center of every episode.

Dante

Average bang
Just watched both episodes. It's actually kind of funny.. :nervous:
If you like this sort of comedy, classic episodes of I Love Lucy do it better.

If you enjoy sci fi/fantasy, literally every single sci fi/fantasy in history has done it better.

So far, WandaVision has been a poor version of whatever it's trying to be. It's relying on the viewers' fandom to fill in the gaps of the shoddy writing.

I'm not a huge fan of Marvel myself, though I have seen a few of the movies. I was hoping this show would be a nice way to get into the MCU in an easier to digest TV format. Unfortunately, it's the most opaque output they've ever produced. If you're unfamiliar with the backstory, it's borderline pointless. I'm almost in that category myself, but I'll be giving it a couple more chances. Hopefully it actually tries to tell a story rather sell out as a money spinning attempt at fan service.

Sylar

I dont see how this is fan service, given this is pretty much phase 4 and a build to a movie.

Hopefully it actually tries to tell a story rather sell out as a money spinning attempt at fan service.
Honestly, dont get what you mean by this considering what we are getting.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
If you like this sort of comedy, classic episodes of I Love Lucy do it better.

If you enjoy sci fi/fantasy, literally every single sci fi/fantasy in history has done it better.

So far, WandaVision has been a poor version of whatever it's trying to be. It's relying on the viewers' fandom to fill in the gaps of the shoddy writing.

I'm not a huge fan of Marvel myself, though I have seen a few of the movies. I was hoping this show would be a nice way to get into the MCU in an easier to digest TV format. Unfortunately, it's the most opaque output they've ever produced. If you're unfamiliar with the backstory, it's borderline pointless. I'm almost in that category myself, but I'll be giving it a couple more chances. Hopefully it actually tries to tell a story rather sell out as a money spinning attempt at fan service.
"I actually like it"

"Let me tell you why literally everything is better than this"

Like pal, who gives a feck if I love you Lucy does it better?

As you said, you're clearly not a fan of marvel, so why not just give it a miss since so many other TV shows do it better (based of 2 eps I might add).

Anyway, I'm sticking with my theory that it's borrowing heavily from house of M, might be how they introduce mutants properly to the MCU. Thinking about it, there's no better character to introduce mutants to the MCU than Scarlett Witch.

Oldyella

"I actually like it"

As you said, you're clearly not a fan of marvel, so why not just give it a miss since so many other TV shows do it better (based of 2 eps I might add).

Anyway, I'm sticking with my theory that it's borrowing heavily from house of M, might be how they introduce mutants properly to the MCU. Thinking about it, there's no better character to introduce mutants to the MCU than Scarlett Witch.
"More mutants"

People will like what they like, but cant believe people are complaining about Marvel trying something different, given all the co.plainong about how every marvel movie is the same.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I would advise anyone who wants to watch this to just skip the first 2 episodes, maybe even the next few if it carries on like this.

Dante

Average bang
"I actually like it"

My post wasn't as emotionally charged as yours. Try re-reading it more calmly to understand the context.

Dante

Average bang
I dont see how this is fan service, given this is pretty much phase 4 and a build to a movie.

Honestly, dont get what you mean by this considering what we are getting.
I didn't say it was fan service. I said I hoped it wouldn't become fan service. Because instead I wanted to watch a decent sci-fi/fatasy story.

So far, the content has been minimal. What little there has been is only understandable to fans who understand the history of the comic books. That's the only indication of the audience they're going for.