Television WandaVision

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Yea, I recently finished Mr. Robot and was recommended this. Only issue is, it doesn't seem to be on Prime, Netflix or Disney+. What platform is it on?
..... That is a good question ;)

I think it's amazing. It's absolutely brainmelting though. Plus don't start it if you have a thing about the sound of chattering teeth. It becomes a running theme.

Edit: it's worth saying too that it is ridiculously inventive, crossing over into visual art at times.

Last edited:

Doracle

I thought Legion season 1 was incredible. I was less blown away with season 2 - to the extent I don’t think I’ve finished it. I felt it got a bit carried away with its own cleverness. Might be that I just didn’t have the patience to really concentrate enough on it though!

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I thought Legion season 1 was incredible. I was less blown away with season 2 - to the extent I don’t think I’ve finished it. I felt it got a bit carried away with its own cleverness. Might be that I just didn’t have the patience to really concentrate enough on it though!
I think I feel a similar way about it. I've had season 2 set aside to watch for months and haven't got around to it, so I'd agree with you there. I saw some clips of future episodes on YouTube that brought me back to it.

Hamnat

Exactly how I felt. Season 1 was amazing Aubrey Plaza brilliant. Second season I felt like they got lost and I dropped it never finished after I think 4 episodes.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
The parent trap, now that's a nod :smirk:

Another solid ep. Semi confirmed that if vision leaves, he dies. Imagine it's the same for Pietro sadly. Great to see speed and wiccan start using their powers. Also cool seeing Scarlett Witch.

Think sword were definitely weaponising vision to an extent, against his wishes.

Sylar

Watched the last episode and this episode back to back. Holy fck at Wandas powers. Im glad they mentioned last week about how she could take on Thanos (or came closest to defeating him on her own - but threw in Captain Marvel too haha).

But seriously, her power which was always questioned, but we saw glimpses of it when she held of Thanos and 4 stones whilst destroying Visions stone and her battle with Thanos in Endgame. But looks like they are amping it up.

I can see a point where this is all taken away from Wanda, and really the only one who can solve it is Dr Strange (and he has to save her?).

I mean you kinda just trust them where they are going and clearly have a plan given this is leading to a movie (and the series on its own is brilliant stuff to watch)

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Damn that ending was awesome!! I wish we didn’t have to wait another week for more.

Wanda showing more of her true powers was cool. On one hand I have sympathy for her as she’s grieving the events of IW/Endgame but then she’s imprisoned so many people to live out her fantasy... she still doesn’t seem to know how she got there which I think still suggests someone manipulated her. I hope it’s not just Hayward being a Hydra type situation as that would be a bit too predictable. I’m not sure about Agnes either now, up until this episode I was sure she was someone more than another person stuck in that world.

I wonder if Vision will retain his memory now he’s back in that world?

They’re strongly hinting at the effect of going through the hex is having on Monica’s DNA... I wonder if they’re setting it up to reveal that’s how she gets her powers if she goes through again.

ha_rooney

Speculation on Monica’s contact -
We know this series links to the Doctor Strange film, so I’m hoping he cameos before the series ends to set up the film. However, I’m not sure who Monica’s contact is?! If it was Strange I reckon he would’ve just flew in without needing to meet up first so I’m guessing it’s someone else she’s gone to meet... could it be Talos?!

Sylar

I liked how little Pietro was trick or treating as Nick Fury
Guessing little Wanda was romanov?

Amarsdd

They’re strongly hinting at the effect of going through the hex is having on Monica’s DNA... I wonder if they’re setting it up to reveal that’s how she gets her powers if she goes through again.
probably leads to the X gene as well.

Rustyspider13

Another great episode. Show is picking up steam. Some thoughts-

Vision is showing a lot of autonomy now, Wanda can't control him at all. Pietro was awesome as the troublemaker uncle and is giving me serious antagonist vibes with his questioning of Wanda's methods. I'm confused about Agnes, still not sure if she's an innocent bystander in this. And Hayward obviously stole Vision's corpse to weaponize it, Project 'Cataract' basically gives it away.

The best part for me was the commercial. The shark could be someone who offered Wanda a way off of her lonely island but ends up feasting on her magic.

probably leads to the X gene as well.
That's an interesting idea. Could Wanda expand her barrier to cover the entire world and awaken the mutants? Seems too much for MCU Wanda even if she's done the reverse in the comics.

Norris

Excellent episode again. Wanda has gone loco at this point. Vision has pretty much gained total control over himself. It made sense that the first few episodes were 20 odd minutes with the sitcom style approach, but now with some of the serious things happening, I wouldn't have minded if they just let certain scenes play out.
For example, Vision trying his absolute best to escape the Haze with the "Help Them" didn't feel too convincing. Nor did Wanda's Haze expanding Westview borders.

But those are really just minute stuff. Within the MCU, they've really setup an interesting plot.

Sylar

That's an interesting idea. Could Wanda expand her barrier to cover the entire world and awaken the mutants? Seems too much for MCU Wanda even if she's done the reverse in the comics.
I dunno, they are seriously increasing her power and showing off / making note of how under played and used it's been upto this point (eg only one who came close to thanos on her own)

Also agreed with the commercials. This one was dark and fcked but hilarious

Doracle

Another strong episode. Wanda’s powers are epic but more hints that she isn’t fully in control of what’s going on.

Agnes certainly seemed just another victim in that episode. Still, she made her way into the fake opening credits, so could still be more to her.

Rustyspider13

I dunno, they are seriously increasing her power and showing off / making note of how under played and used it's been upto this point (eg only one who came close to thanos on her own)

Also agreed with the commercials. This one was dark and fcked but hilarious
I guess there is precedence for escalation. Always did like that Wanda and Carol, the only two humans powered by infinity gems, are the ones who can 1v1 Thanos. Shows how strong all three characters are.

reelworld

Considering that everyone is putting on their actual costumes from the comics, it's interesting that they put Agnes in a witch costume. This is inline with the theory that Agnes is actually Agatha Harkness, a witch who is Wanda's mentor in the comics

Pietro also interesting. He remembers his MCU death, but acts and and has the memories of his X-Men version.

Also project Cataract, as in damaged vision, heh.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Watched the last episode and this episode back to back. Holy fck at Wandas powers. Im glad they mentioned last week about how she could take on Thanos (or came closest to defeating him on her own - but threw in Captain Marvel too haha).

But seriously, her power which was always questioned, but we saw glimpses of it when she held of Thanos and 4 stones whilst destroying Visions stone and her battle with Thanos in Endgame. But looks like they are amping it up.

I can see a point where this is all taken away from Wanda, and really the only one who can solve it is Dr Strange (and he has to save her?).

I mean you kinda just trust them where they are going and clearly have a plan given this is leading to a movie (and the series on its own is brilliant stuff to watch)
Another strong episode. Wanda’s powers are epic but more hints that she isn’t fully in control of what’s going on.

Agnes certainly seemed just another victim in that episode. Still, she made her way into the fake opening credits, so could still be more to her.
Currently listening to the MCU podcast and they've made a good point where, when you break that down, it didn't make sense.

Everyone around vision at that time was nonlucid, either stood still or doing the same movement over and over again.

He sees Agnes who's kinda lucid but not fully there. He does his awakening shit, they have their chat, taps her on the head again to reverse the awakening shit, and she's right as rain? where she couldn't move her car she spins round heads on back to westview. Was she acting the whole time? Could be nothing tbf.

As you said, she's on the opening credits, maybe wanda gives main characters privileges :lol:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
If anyone wants a really out there Marvel series experience, I'm currently getting around to watching the second season of Legion. It is mindblowing in a very different sense of the word.
one of my favourite shows of all time. Stunningly good. More visual and format experimentation occurs in one episode than most do over an entire series.

el3mel

Holy shit the ending of episode 6 was insane. Didn't see it coming.

Hamnat

This series continues to be amazing. My hope is they don't wait till the final episode to give us the big answers. To me they need to give the majority of the answers the next 2 episodes, then the finale is all or mostly the resolution of the situation and the direct link to Doctor Strange 2 and multiverse.

I really like that they are expanding Wanda's abilities to more comic levels. But, even in the comics when she used this level of power there was some sort of boost amping her up....which tracks with the mystery we got going on.

Continue loving to see Wiccan and Speed be developed and getting their powers. Wiccan is one of my fav characters really I want to see them continue to Young Avengers after this We already have Stature in Ant-Man movies, and we know Kate Bishop will be in Hawkeye series just from the trailers. So they are well on their way already to having most of the team in the MCU.

Sylar

Continue loving to see Wiccan and Speed be developed and getting their powers. Wiccan is one of my fav characters really I want to see them continue to Young Avengers after this We already have Stature in Ant-Man movies, and we know Kate Bishop will be in Hawkeye series just from the trailers. So they are well on their way already to having most of the team in the MCU.
Exciting prospect given all the source material available and how they are building links and such which opens up opportunities for different properties when they are ready.

Bobski

Most innovative and interesting thing they have ever done with their characters.

Hamnat

Monica's contact is super intriguing. I mean we know its a male aerospace engineer. There are some big name Marvel characters that could fit that profile.

Oldyella

Monica's contact is super intriguing. I mean we know its a male aerospace engineer. There are some big name Marvel characters that could fit that profile.
Reed? You would have thought we would have heard casting if that was the case. Could be Talos I guess, shame if it's someone we know but he would make sense.

As for the latest ep, man Vision is so good. Not help, or help me, it was help them, even as he was dying.

Agnes was a trick if you ask me, she acted very differently to everyone else on the outskirts and gave Vision the nudge he needed to go to the boundary.

ha_rooney

Reed? You would have thought we would have heard casting if that was the case. Could be Talos I guess, shame if it's someone we know but he would make sense.
Reed would be a huge reveal, but they have teased that they have a cameo that supposedly rivals the cameo at the end of The Mandalorian, so you never know. I think it’s likely to be Talos as the contact & I think it’ll be Doctor Strange which is the supposed big cameo to come...

Amarsdd

Reed would be a huge reveal, but they have teased that they have a cameo that supposedly rivals the cameo at the end of The Mandalorian, so you never know. I think it’s likely to be Talos as the contact & I think it’ll be Doctor Strange which is the supposed big cameo to come...
It probably is Doctor Strange. It is sort of him domain and Wanda is supposed to feature in the second Doctor Strange movie. Though I'd love a Reed Richards reveal even if its just a mention.

starman

Just started this, the first few episodes were alright but then ep 4 happened...

Didn't realise these are being released weekly, thought i could binge it, pretty annoyed that am gonna have to wait 3 weeks before its over.
Also what the hell is up with the 10 minutes credits :confused: I was presuming there to be end credit scenes with the amount of time left after each ep, but nope, just a 3rd of the allocated time dedicated to credits..

Adamsk7

Honestly think I would implode if we get Krasinski as Reed Richards. I mean he’s not cast and there’s been no hints at it and it seems way too big a reveal for a TV show but I can hope! Haha

GBBQ

Honestly think I would implode if we get Krasinski as Reed Richards. I mean he’s not cast and there’s been no hints at it and it seems way too big a reveal for a TV show but I can hope! Haha
He seems game for it, maybe Emily Blunt as Sue Storm too?

Doubt he'd be in Wandavision though, most likely someone already in the MCU and Dr Strange makes most sense

Sylar

That would be.... Fantastic

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
The fact they've hyped the cameo as someone on the level of Luke in the Mandalorian it makes me think it won't be Doctor Strange. I do think he'll appear, but isn't the huge cameo they've talked about. Magneto?

20solskjaer

If the next episode isn't The Office, they missed a massive opportunity that I will never forgive.
Going to be Modern Family i reckon, also think darcy might be working in a diner as a waitress as a nod to Two Broke Girls