Television WandaVision

Sylar

I like the theory that all the commercials in the show represent an infinity stone
I'll see if I can find the article (read it yesterday and forgot to save it)
And the next and final one should represent the final stone - the search by thanos which lead to visions death (ep4 didn't have a commercial)

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Hope next episode they do modern family at home and the office in the office.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I like the theory that all the commercials in the show represent an infinity stone
I'll see if I can find the article (read it yesterday and forgot to save it)
And the next and final one should represent the final stone - the search by thanos which lead to visions death (ep4 didn't have a commercial)
Was that the same theory as in the Den of Geek article (Link)?

Sylar

Wow that was so well done

I liked the modern family take. But the little curveball last week and then finally
revealing Agnes is Agatha harkness.

Btw, there's a short post credit scene

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Heard someone a theory the other day that the postman has something to do with all this. Thought it was a reach at first, but after that episode I'm not so sure.

Could the postman be Ralph, who in turn is Mephisto?

Last two episodes are gonna be bangers!

Also:

Currently listening to the MCU podcast and they've made a good point where, when you break that down, it didn't make sense.

Everyone around vision at that time was nonlucid, either stood still or doing the same movement over and over again.

He sees Agnes who's kinda lucid but not fully there. He does his awakening shit, they have their chat, taps her on the head again to reverse the awakening shit, and she's right as rain? where she couldn't move her car she spins round heads on back to westview. Was she acting the whole time? Could be nothing tbf.

As you said, she's on the opening credits, maybe wanda gives main characters privileges :lol:
Looks like this was spot on!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Someone called that twist last week, kudos to whoever that was. Seems our earlier suspicions have now been confirmed :devil: I'm really enjoying this show. If Falcon and the Winter Soldier is even half as good then I'll have my Marvel fix for the summer.

Hoof the ball

Someone called that twist last week, kudos to whoever that was. Seems our earlier suspicions have now been confirmed :devil: I'm really enjoying this show. If Falcon and the Winter Soldier is even half as good then I'll have my Marvel fix for the summer.
Yeah I called it last week.

Agnes.
Agatha Harkness.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Avoid the promo for episode 8. There's a huge spoiler in the promo.
Ive not seen it, but gonna be real difficult to avoid that spoiler for a week. Any chance it's a red herring? Bit like hulk in infinity war?

Rustyspider13

Absolutely brilliant reveal. Marvel has a knack of making even the most obvious outcomes feel special. They did it with Mysterio and they've done it again with It was Agatha all along! This episode has given me a pretty clear idea of what has been going on-

Agatha's main goal is to take Wanda's children. She first provides a happy environment for Wanda to gain trust. She starts influencing Vision with hints of the truth just after Wanda gives birth. She puts 'Pietro' in Wanda's life to act as a distraction while she convinces Vision to run away. Now with no Vision, Wanda is at a vulnerable state and she makes her final move. She gets the kids and pulls back the curtain, thinking she's won. Only she didn't calculate for Monica and that'll lead to her eventual downfall.

Only two questions remain for me. One, is Pietro just some random schmuck doing Agatha's bidding with Evan Peters' casting just being a wink to the fans? And two, has she been powering up Wanda during this ordeal? Is that the reason Wanda can't maintain the illusion anymore?

Anyway, it's been a fantastic ride and I'm sure the conclusion will deliver.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Cheers for the heads up!

Ah, well in mate, you've nailed it there.
Ive not seen it, but gonna be real difficult to avoid that spoiler for a week. Any chance it's a red herring? Bit like hulk in infinity war?
99% its a fake promo but still avoid it if you can.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Everything about Pietro is so fecking meta and I love it. Is he real? Is he a brand new Pietro or the old Pietro recast? Is he quicksilver from fox?

Almost makes killing him off in AOU worth it. Almost.

ha_rooney

And I killed Sparky too :lol:

That was a nice reveal. Monica getting her powers & Wanda realising she was not in control... cannot wait for the upcoming episodes.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Has to be one of the best debut TV shows in a long time? That reveal at the end was pretty much guessed by everyone but it was still well done.

ha_rooney

I think Monica’s contact (Major Goodner) could actually be Talos’ daughter . They’ve built that reveal a bit too much for it to be a random person of little consequence.

GBBQ

Absolutely brilliant reveal. Marvel has a knack of making even the most obvious outcomes feel special. They did it with Mysterio and they've done it again with It was Agatha all along! This episode has given me a pretty clear idea of what has been going on-

Agatha's main goal is to take Wanda's children. She first provides a happy environment for Wanda to gain trust. She starts influencing Vision with hints of the truth just after Wanda gives birth. She puts 'Pietro' in Wanda's life to act as a distraction while she convinces Vision to run away. Now with no Vision, Wanda is at a vulnerable state and she makes her final move. She gets the kids and pulls back the curtain, thinking she's won. Only she didn't calculate for Monica and that'll lead to her eventual downfall.

Only two questions remain for me. One, is Pietro just some random schmuck doing Agatha's bidding with Evan Peters' casting just being a wink to the fans? And two, has she been powering up Wanda during this ordeal? Is that the reason Wanda can't maintain the illusion anymore?

Anyway, it's been a fantastic ride and I'm sure the conclusion will deliver.
It would seem really strange if Evan Peters just turned out to be a random Westview resident being manipulated, especially now that Disney own Fox and we know that the Multiverse of Madness is the tagline for Doctor Strange 2

Hoof the ball

A very cool easter egg (obviously a spoiler here) but:

Agnes (Agatha Harkness) lives in the exact same house that Samantha the witch lived in from the series Bewitched.

Sylar

So there's only 2 episodes left and you gotta think a big character will arrive in the finale (guessing Dr strange)

Would be nice if that's not the big one either and there's another curveball thrown

Guessing no more sitcom EPs now that the reveal has been made and we will go with two straight up serious episodes with the villain for the next movie revealed (and some mind blowing thing happening)

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
So there's only 2 episodes left and you gotta think a big character will arrive in the finale (guessing Dr strange)

Would be nice if that's not the big one either and there's another curveball thrown

Guessing no more sitcom EPs now that the reveal has been made and we will go with two straight up serious episodes with the villain for the next movie revealed (and some mind blowing thing happening)
How likely is it that Wanda is the villain in doctor strange you reckon? The advert this week hints heavily at Wanda being a nexus being which would lead straight into the multiverse of madness.

ha_rooney

Yeah I think they’re done with the sitcom/decade jumps now that the reveal has been made and Vision’s been told everything that’s happened to him up until Infinity War. I think the next 2 episodes have the potential to be massive, particularly as this leads into the movie so it’ll likely end on a cliffhanger.

Strange is the obvious character to have for the big reveal, but they might keep him back for the movie & reveal the big bad instead, I still think thatMephisto is the one who is really responsible for this.

ha_rooney

How likely is it that Wanda is the villain in doctor strange you reckon? The advert this week hints heavily at Wanda being a nexus being which would lead straight into the multiverse of madness.
I think she’s going to lose all control in the last 2 episodes & open up the multiverse with her anger. The grief with Vision first & now possibly losing the twins will probably make her snap but I don’t think she’ll be the villain of the movie, rather she’s responsible for unleashing the multiverse & Strange’s movie deals with the repercussions of that.

Smores

It's been a lot better than i thought it would. It's a great way to build out minor stories without the forced nature they do in some of the films or the filler that is SHIELD.

Amarsdd

Another good episode. The Modern Family parody was absolutely perfect. And for the ending, I thought Agnes being Agatha Harknis was pretty known. But I don't think this is the big villain reveal. Most likely it will be Nightmare or Mephisto given this series' connection with the second Doctor Strange movie and also about Wanda's two kids being taken away which involves Mephisto in the comics

Sylar

I reckon she could be part villain but needing rescuing in a sense she starts as the villain (similar to Ultron movie) then is redeemed and snapped out of this.

Yeah I think they’re done with the sitcom/decade jumps now that the reveal has been made and Vision’s been told everything that’s happened to him up until Infinity War. I think the next 2 episodes have the potential to be massive, particularly as this leads into the movie so it’ll likely end on a cliffhanger.

Strange is the obvious character to have for the big reveal, but they might keep him back for the movie & reveal the big bad instead, I still think thatMephisto is the one who is really responsible for this.
Vision knows what's happening as you said and is gonna be key, especially as he's freed Darcy (and they also have another ally who has entered and has super powers now - albeit found by quicksilver)

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
how good was the villain reveal? :lol: best song ever.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The meta playfulness of this is fun. Also props on making a TV show that only makes sense as a TV show, as opposed to feeling like a film that's been transported to TV.

Doracle

The ending of that episode was amazing, even more so I would imagine if you had no spoilers re that character. How much of what has been going on is Wanda and how much not? Last two episodes are going to be great.

Rustyspider13

It would seem really strange if Evan Peters just turned out to be a random Westview resident being manipulated, especially now that Disney own Fox and we know that the Multiverse of Madness is the tagline for Doctor Strange 2
Yeah, it seems to much of a coincidence. I saw that the new commercial refers to the Nexus of all realities. So, people are speculating that Agatha pulled Fox's Pietro/a Pietro that looks like Fox's Pietro but from some other universe (like JJJ in Far From Home) into this one using the magic book/gateway in her basement.

el3mel

The way they revealed the villain was hilarious. Very fun. Watched it a lot of times.