Television WandaVision

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Isn't it suppose to be someone he's not worked with though?
I thought that was a general remark he made not specific to the big reveal they’ve supposedly got planned?!

The activation of White Vision is really cool & if they don’t end him this week, I’ll be interested what they do with that character. However, if that’s the big reveal they were teasing & comparing to what happens in Mando, it’s not the same impact (IMO). A true multiverse appearance (X-Men or Fantastic 4) or a major existing character would be more akin to the Mando ending (again IMO).

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Isn't it suppose to be someone he's not worked with though?
his full quote.
“It’s an actor that I’ve longed to work with all of my life. We have some amazing scenes together and the chemistry between us is, I think, extraordinary. It’s just fireworks on set. So, I’m really excited for people to see that stuff,”
it's himself I reckon.

Gambit

I thought that was a general remark he made not specific to the big reveal they’ve supposedly got planned?!

The activation of White Vision is really cool & if they don’t end him this week, I’ll be interested what they do with that character. However, if that’s the big reveal they were teasing & comparing to what happens in Mando, it’s not the same impact (IMO). A true multiverse appearance (X-Men or Fantastic 4) or a major existing character would be more akin to the Mando ending (again IMO).
I reckon he'll be gone this week. Wanda's vison will take over the body and therefore we enter the marvel lore were no one ever dies.

Gambit

Bettany has confirmed he was taking about himself.

ha_rooney

Bettany has confirmed he was taking about himself.
ffs :lol:

Edit: I’ll have to remember to avoid all social media until I watch the finale. I still think they’ll have some big cameo or cliffhanger to link it to the movie. Can’t wait!

Rudie

Mentary
Really thought this was a standalone series when my boyfriend talked me into watching it...

Just when you thought Marvel had finished with Robert Downey Jr I somehow end up watching more of this fanboy'ism fishfood, presented intriguingly as a homage to TV history it soon falls apart.

By the 4th episode, the "blip" is mentioned, characters from the films start doing cameos, the "military grade hacking" starts and the pins start going into the eyes.

Now, as I sit here crying with blood I ask myself, how did this happen? How did I fall for this again?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Really thought this was a standalone series when my boyfriend talked me into watching it...

Just when you thought Marvel had finished with Robert Downey Jr I somehow end up watching more of this fanboy'ism fishfood, presented intriguingly as a homage to TV history it soon falls apart.

By the 4th episode, the "blip" is mentioned, characters from the films start doing cameos, the "military grade hacking" starts and the pins start going into the eyes.

Now, as I sit here crying with blood I ask myself, how did this happen? How did I fall for this again?
Yeah imagine MCU stuff being in an MCU television series.

Rudie

Mentary
Yeah imagine MCU stuff being in an MCU television series.
But to understand the storylines you need to have watched all the films in the order they were released, it's a massive investment. Something can still be set in the MCU without having so many references to previous films which require you to have seen them all in order since the first Iron Man in 2008 to understand and that's without all the spinoffs such as Agents of Shield which itself is also referred to in the films - some of which are absolutely awful let's be real, think Batman vs Superman standard.

Compare to the Boys or Umbrella Academy which you can watch from the off in ignorance of any other intertextual references or paraphernalia such as comics or films produced from the same Universes. I didn't think it worked for DC with the Flash, Arrow and SuperGirl crossovers and Disney seem to be taking it to the next level. Imagine having to watch all of those three or Gothem before watching the Joker...

Just coming at it as a non fan that's all and it's annoying, sorry if it offends you. I felt let down as I was really intrigued by the initial cinematography which does appeal to people who may not be into your typical action Marvel flick yet won't have a clue what's going on.

Last edited:

el3mel

But to understand the storylines you need to have watched all the films in the order they were released, it's a massive investment. Something can still be set in the MCU without having so many references to previous films which require you to have seen them all in order since the first Iron Man in 2008 to understand and that's without all the spinoffs such as Agents of Shield which itself is also referred to in the films - some of which are absolutely awful let's be real, think Batman vs Superman standard.

Compare to the Boys or Umbrella Academy which you can watch from the off in ignorance of any other intertextual references or paraphernalia such as comics or films produced from the same Universes. I didn't think it worked for DC with the Flash, Arrow and SuperGirl crossovers and Disney seem to be taking it to the next level. Imagine having to watch all of those three or Gothem before watching the Joker...

Just coming at it as a non fan that's all and it's annoying, sorry if it offends you. I felt let down as I was really intrigued by the initial cinematography which does appeal to people who may not be into your typical action Marvel flick yet won't have a clue what's going on.
I watched the whole MCU bar 4 movies only (Hulk, Iron Man 2, 3 and Thor The Dark World) in space of two months last year, and it was my first time watching them !

That's about 19 movies. I don't think it's that big of an investment. If you watch movies regularly you probably watch more than this within the 2 months time I watched them.

Beside, they're a lot of fun. Once you start you'll actually want to go all the way to the end. I suggest you do it !

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'd go as far as to argue that for wandavision, you'd only really need to watch Age of Ultron and infinity war. Maybe endgame, but the blip hasn't really had much of a presence bar maybe 2 minutes in episode 4

Rudie

Mentary
I'd go as far as to argue that for wandavision, you'd only really need to watch Age of Ultron and infinity war. Maybe endgame, but the blip hasn't really had much of a presence bar maybe 2 minutes in episode 4
But to watch them you need to have watched the preceeding films, I ended up watching them all after wanting to watch the new Spiderman, I was able to watch the first two Guardian's without too much trouble as they're fairly standalone and I loved them but with Spiderman I instantly had no idea what was going on and why Iron Man was there.

I ended up going all the way back after trying to just watch the films needed but finding out I was in a similar position with those.

There's needing to have a rough understanding of canon and then there's soap opera'esque entwined storylines many of which I have absolutely no interest in such as Captain America going all rogue and fighting Iron Man, big snooze. Civil War was without doubt the biggest pile of crud I'd seen in long while and yet it was needed to be watched to understand the films that followed.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
But to watch them you need to have watched the preceeding films, I ended up watching them all after wanting to watch the new Spiderman, I was able to watch the first two Guardian's without too much trouble as they're fairly standalone and I loved them but with Spiderman I instantly had no idea what was going on and why Iron Man was there.

I ended up going all the way back after trying to just watch the films needed but finding out I was in a similar position with those.

There's needing to have a rough understanding of canon and then there's soap opera'esque entwined storylines many of which I have absolutely no interest such as Captain America going all rogue and fighting Iron Man, big snooze. Civil War was without doubt the biggest pile of crud I'd seen in long while and yet it was needed to be watched to understand the films that followed.
You have to be a full fledged out and out nerd to get into series like these.

Rudie

Mentary
This is exactly it, it fails to mention that to watch the abysmal Antman & The Wasp you'll need to have watched the first of those too and so on.

Sylar

Enjoyed that

There's a mid credit and post credit scene (both)

This is exactly it, it fails to mention that to watch the abysmal Antman & The Wasp you'll need to have watched the first of those too and so on.

You don't have to watch all of those to enjoy wandavision
You can skip ant man and captain Marvel and the thor movies.
The three Avengers movies are fine and you will be caught up

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Really enjoyed it even if a fair bit of it flew over my head. Thought Olsen and Bettany were both great.

ha_rooney

Fantastic finale. Really enjoyed that.

There are 2 credits scenes so make sure you all watch until the end!

ha_rooney

Loved the series. They did brilliant with developing Wanda’s character and fleshing out more of her back story and the pain/grief she went through after IW. She now has access to learn all about her powers without going completely evil (although the post credit scene might suggest otherwise). In a way, it was fitting they focused on Wanda & Vision rather than introducing other things (a big evil, Strange, Multiverse). The performances of Olsen & Bettany were brilliant throughout. Vision with the tear right at the end :(

It’ll be interesting how they use White Vision and when he comes across Wanda, how she reacts.

Turns out Hayward was just a cnut. Fury using the Skrulls to send messages & do things for him is hilarious. The number of Skrulls posing as humans though, that really is teasing us for what could be coming up!

Pietro going from being the possible introduction of the multiverse to being Ralph Bohner was great trolling tbf :lol:

My thoughts on Doctor Strange 2 - I’m slightly surprised they didn’t include him in some way, I would’ve thought since she created her own reality he would have turned up at some point. The link to him with the Darkhold is cool, IIRC that was hinted as the book missing in the library from the first film. I don’t know if its powers are different to the one they had in AoS but the post credit scene suggests the next time we see Wanda she should know everything about her powers & how to control them. I’m going to assume she tries to reach out to the screaming kids in another universe and that opens the multiverse?! All my guesses have been wrong so far :lol:

Sylar

So
IM guessing when Agatha said you dont know what youve done, and with Wanda having the book (and probably trying to recreate her kids in her world now) will be the lead to Dr Strange, and the multiverse hopefully being open up now.

It was an overall great series and nice they focused on Wanda, who was a secondary character for a lot of the time during the Avengers despite her clearly being the most powered out of them.
I also liked the trick for Age of Ultron being used on Agatha.

Also Boner, heh!

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Solid series. Was expecting a bit more from the finale but overall satisfied. Can't wait for Mom.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

There's needing to have a rough understanding of canon and then there's soap opera'esque entwined storylines many of which I have absolutely no interest in such as Captain America going all rogue and fighting Iron Man, big snooze. Civil War was without doubt the biggest pile of crud I'd seen in long while and yet it was needed to be watched to understand the films that followed.
Don't really think MCU is for you pal :)

decorativeed

If you know the storyline and trust the direction it’ll be good. Pretty sure I can tell you where this is headed and I trust the studio to do a great job as they have a large body of work to suggest they will.
Only read on if you've watched the finale.

Hate to say I told you so with regard to Mephisto, but I knew they weren't going to go down that route. How do you feel about the series now.

Hamnat

Just finished the finale and it was amazing. The entirety of this series has been MCU stretching itself beyond the previous constraints to have to appeal to mass audiences imo. The depth of reaching into the comic source material and not being ashamed of it is awesome. They didn't shy away from obscure comic references and callbacks. Yet, they also for the most part had story purpose and were not just fan service. Not being afraid to reach into decades of source material comic stories and craft something visually appealing and entertaining is nothing new to MCU. But, what is new is the deep character focus and storytelling ability that I think was perfected here.

Granted a casual fan might be turned off having to "do research" or ask a friend to explain certain references and mentions I still think the showrunners crafted a fantastic series in its own right. The acting as I said before I have been completely impressed with from episode 1 till the end. The entire cast has really turned in some great work. And the setup for continued stories from these characters is all perfectly placed. I am just as ready to see more adventures from Monica as I am to hopefully see Wiccan and Speed somehow join the Young Avengers. All of that was set up here masterfully.

There will be some that were disappointed in some of their theories not playing out. Mephisto, formal intro of X-men (Magneto cameo), Reed Richards etc. But, this was a story about Wanda. They didn't need to have a Mephisto be standing over Agatha. His part in the comic source material isn't diminished by not giving screen time. They did their job crafting a compelling interesting new villian, with clear motives and goals. She was worthy of being the "main villian" of the series. And Agatha is still alive to be used again which is awesome.

ha_rooney

WHAT HAPPENED TO WHITE VISION???
I’m guessing he just flew away once he got Vision’s memories unlocked, probably trying to find his purpose in life. Strange how nobody mentioned him at the end. I’m certain he’ll cross paths with Wanda in the film, I don’t think she knows he’s had his memories unlocked.

Or maybe he’s actually Mephisto :D

Sylar

WHAT HAPPENED TO WHITE VISION???
Part of me was hoping
he went and destroyed himself realising he was vision and his quest was to destroy vision haha.
but i think we may see him again in a movie

decorativeed

Part of me was hoping
he went and destroyed himself realising he was vision and his quest was to destroy vision haha.
but i think we may see him again in a movie
Yeah, he's definitely still out there, and as he said, he is Vision. That knowledge kind of detracts from the emotion of the scene at the end with Wanda's (ultimately fake) Vision.

Interval

Level
Bit of a meh finale. Too many standard tropes. Agatha was built up to be a good villain until the end which was meek.

But overall solid. Good set up to a new more magicy marvel universe with more op heroes.

Was aiming to be a 7.5/10 until that last episode. Drops a point after.

el3mel

Very good finale, think it mostly delivered very well and as usual, set up for the upcoming movies in a vague way. Can't make much of the second post credit scene but it's probably an intro to the Dr. Strange movie. Only thing I felt lackluster was the final fight, didn't grab me that much but it was alright, ended up with an epic moment so not all bad.

I'll rate this 8/10.

20solskjaer

Really enjoyed the whole series

am i the only one who noticed
theres two wandas during the end credit scene?

el3mel

The last post credit scene ? There're but we don't really have much information to analyze what's going on. Will have to wait for the Doctor Strange movie I guess.

Probably either Scarlet Witch is an alternative persona inside Wanda now that she has unleashed or this is really her and she's using her power to rewrite reality again about his live in this house.

Hamnat

I think its simply her astral projecting. Shes studying the Darkhold and learning her powers as she promised. But, shes not ONLY doing that shes able to also enjoy some tea and relax and be at peace. She has years and years of learning and catching up to do magically. But, shes also taking time to be alone and process everything is what I took from it.

ha_rooney

She’s using astral projection powers that Doctor Strange has, but far more powerful as her physical body was also active independently (whereas Strange’s body is inactive when he does it). The scene gives credence to Agatha’s comment that she’s more powerful than Strange.

gormless

Very good finale, think it mostly delivered very well and as usual, set up for the upcoming movies in a vague way. Can't make much of the second post credit scene but it's probably an intro to the Dr. Strange movie. Only thing I felt lackluster was the final fight, didn't grab me that much but it was alright, ended up with an epic moment so not all bad.

I'll rate this 8/10.
They played the dr strange theme during the post credit scene