Television WandaVision

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
It was in Agents of Shield :mad:

The fact that I'm probably the only person to have bothered watching that far is irrelevant. It was also apparently in Runaways, but I've absolutely no idea what that is.
First season of that was alright tbf, never watched the 2nd.

Anyone ever watch cloak and dagger?

Sylar

It was in Agents of Shield :mad:

The fact that I'm probably the only person to have bothered watching that far is irrelevant. It was also apparently in Runaways, but I've absolutely no idea what that is.
I think it was @ha_rooney who mentioned it
And I loved AoS especially after the winter soldier tie in

Spoony

The People's President
I thought it was very good. Loved the parodies and the portrayal of how family life changed through the years.

Spoony

The People's President
I Think they ought to avoid a S2. It'd turn into standard Marvel fare (The last couple of episodes seem to indicate that anyway....)

el3mel

I Think they ought to avoid a S2. It'd turn into standard Marvel fare (The last couple of episodes seem to indicate that anyway....)
Pretty sure this was just a one season show. They have other projects to focus on.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
As a non Marvel follower I got progressively more bored.

Really interesting until about episode 7. Then all sense of jeopardy / emotional interest in the characters vanished.
Yup, for me too.

Plus pretty much all superhero stuff seems to ultimately be about how really powerful people should pay no consequences for doing awful shit if they’re a bit sad about it... and also sky beams.

diarm

I enjoyed it from start to finish. I thought the way they shot, wrote and acted the sitcom episodes was brilliant and I liked all the angles they've opened up with the plot.

The only thing I was left wondering about, was if Wanda trapped Agatha/Agnes in Westview, but then let the hex over Westview go, surely Agatha is no longer trapped there?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I enjoyed it from start to finish. I thought the way they shot, wrote and acted the sitcom episodes was brilliant and I liked all the angles they've opened up with the plot.

The only thing I was left wondering about, was if Wanda trapped Agatha/Agnes in Westview, but then let the hex over Westview go, surely Agatha is no longer trapped there?
Yeah I wondered about that. I assume she left a specific curse on her to stay living in the town as that character anyway.

Spoony

The People's President
Yup, for me too.

Plus pretty much all superhero stuff seems to ultimately be about how really powerful people should pay no consequences for doing awful shit if they’re a bit sad about it... and also sky beams.

Which is why the first 7 episodes were refreshing...sadly it went all Marvel but I can forgive that. I hope the other Marvel TV stuff is as creative. Which will piss off most of the fanbase but who cares eh.

RORY65

Which is why the first 7 episodes were refreshing...sadly it went all Marvel but I can forgive that. I hope the other Marvel TV stuff is as creative. Which will piss off most of the fanbase but who cares eh.
I would agree with all of this, it was inevitable that it would end up being like that but I really enjoyed the show up until that point and the choices that they made. The TV stuff coming up looks a bit more generic from what has been trailed but hopefully it has some of the creativity that his had for the most part.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Yup, for me too.

It's still unclear to me how Wanda wasn't the villain of this. She was sort of kidnapping and torturing hundreds (?) of people for at least a few days. In the end it's a bit sad that Marvel didn't dare break from the formula as much as the somewhat sinister start suggested.

This summed up it up well enough for me:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
It's still unclear to me how Wanda wasn't the villain of this. She was sort of kidnapping and torturing hundreds (?) of people for at least a few days. In the end it's a bit sad that Marvel didn't dare break from the formula as much as the somewhat sinister start suggested.

Yeah, I'd probably agree with a lot of that. The more I think about it, I was underwhelmed by the first few episodes and the last few. Especially the finale which felt very forced and patchy.

Spoony

The People's President
I've have liked the last couple of episodes to have gone all Twilight Zone or Twin Peaks but whether the fans would've like that....

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Yeah I wondered about that. I assume she left a specific curse on her to stay living in the town as that character anyway.
Now imagine this 50's sitcom character living in a town filled with people who remember their own experienced of being mind-controlled. It's got to be quite a weird feeling for them :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Her annoyance towards all of those people judging her as she went past them was something else!

Hamnat

First season of that was alright tbf, never watched the 2nd.

Anyone ever watch cloak and dagger?
Cloak and dagger was very weak. I mean they aren't the best characters anyway but I found the actors the worst part they just were not quality.

el3mel

Wanda doesn't see herself that dangerous though, she's delusional about that. See her reaction to Tony locking her up in Civil War. Tony knew how dangerous she is capable of becoming and wanting to control her but she refused to believe so.

Agree about the sitcom stuff. I think this could have actually been only 6 episodes with each episode being longer than the 30 minutes or so we were getting every week.

As for the mystery it was solved by episode 4. I don't think it was the main focus otherwise they would have dragged it more but by the end of 4th episode you know pretty much everything (bar the main antagonist).

The main focus, I believe, was basically
an origin story for the Scarlet Witch. How she got her classic and outfit and setting her up for the Doctor Strange movie while as well opening the door for Vision to return to the cast.

Andersons Dietician

Finally watched it. I loved the ideas of it but can still confirm I just hate vision and the Scarlett witch. Had brilliant concepts in it and shot beautifully. Had a bit of a limp ending.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just binged it. Enjoyed for the most part. The final battle was a bit shit but beyond that, had a blast. God Elizabeth Olsen is so hot.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Just finished watching this as well, and while it was enjoyable, found the whole thing to be a little empty. You basically knew the whole thing was in her mind the whole time, and it was just a matter of time before it all stopped and she went back into the real world. It's just hard to care about characters like the kids and such when you know they are not real.

Think the most intriguing part was the reveal of Agatha, but even that wasn't really fleshed out and her character didn't do much overall. Then it felt rather rushed at the end, with no real pay off.

Whole show just felt like an intermittence between the movies, with a little bit of fleshing out of Wanda's character and power.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Just finished this. Possibly the best work from MCU. I managed to get my wife through it and she has only seen IW, End Game and GOTG 1 do I think it can be considered reasonably self contained.

Heardy

Got to admit I’ve got no idea what’s going on at the minute - assuming it’s all in Wandas head. Will see how i get on, but the whole stepford wife thing back in time was not what I was expecting.

Sylar

Got to admit I’ve got no idea what’s going on at the minute - assuming it’s all in Wandas head. Will see how i get on, but the whole stepford wife thing back in time was not what I was expecting.
It's good you weren't expecting it. Nice change I thought

Dante

Average bang
Please tell me this gets better. Just watched episode 1 and it’s just weird
It's not a TV show that supposed to be enjoyed.

It's a TV show that's supposed to dissected, freeze-framed and discussed on Reddit.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Please tell me this gets better. Just watched episode 1 and it’s just weird
It gets better, which wasn’t hard because the first few episodes aren’t great. It then gets worse again.

Enjoy.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Finally got around to watching this and loved it, a couple of things

reading this thread when you’ve watched it all is funny

Wanda fecking Agatha with her big dick runes was awesome

SirAnderson

Yeah just finished this today. Not sure what to make of it. I'm not too clued up into the whole universe and where things are, but that ending after all the credits is confusing as hell, not sure if anyone can explain that? Who or what is being implied there?
Also, the timeframe between these movies (now series) are just crazy, and can't keep up with what's what. That being said, was a good enough pass time, and actual preferred the marvel stuff toward the end, the black and white stuff, not so much.

Hamnat

Yeah just finished this today. Not sure what to make of it. I'm not too clued up into the whole universe and where things are, but that ending after all the credits is confusing as hell, not sure if anyone can explain that? Who or what is being implied there?
Also, the timeframe between these movies (now series) are just crazy, and can't keep up with what's what. That being said, was a good enough pass time, and actual preferred the marvel stuff toward the end, the black and white stuff, not so much.
Wanda is using Astral projection to learn how to use and control her powers and read spells from the Darkhold. She hears her kids somewhere in the Multiverse calling for help. We find out whats going on next in Dr. Strange 2 shes in it with him. We can assume she will be trying to rescue her kids somewhere and get them into actual reality (Young Avengers). The Darkhold is generally not a beginners manual and it should cause trouble like Agatha said at the end

SirAnderson

Wanda is using Astral projection to learn how to use and control her powers and read spells from the Darkhold. She hears her kids somewhere in the Multiverse calling for help. We find out whats going on next in Dr. Strange 2 shes in it with him. We can assume she will be trying to rescue her kids somewhere and get them into actual reality (Young Avengers). The Darkhold is generally not a beginners manual and it should cause trouble like Agatha said at the end
Sorry I meant the one with Monica and the green person that points up in the theater.

Hamnat

Sorry I meant the one with Monica and the green person that points up in the theater.
Monica is confirmed to be featured in The Marvel's aka Captain Marvel 2. So we can assume she will be working with S. W. O. R. D. in space and dealing with Carol and the Skrull we last saw Fury with.