War-torn Syria on verge of World Cup fairytale

Epicurean

Supports
Ajax
I like the Socceroos, but this time I am rooting for the Syrians. Hope they make a miracle happen!

fergosaurus

Interesting second half coming up, Australia have the home advantage but Syria know another away goal would probably be enough.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Much as it would be a great story for Syria to qualify - I suspect the Russian Authorities are hoping they dot have to vett / deal with thousands of fans traveling from Syria to the world cup

Cal?

CR7 fan
Much as it would be a great story for Syria to qualify - I suspect the Russian Authorities are hoping they dot have to vett / deal with thousands of fans traveling from Syria to the world cup
I thought Russia and Syria have a close relationship?

ryan cook

Australia dominated possession most of the half, created enough chances to probably scored another goal but they are still vulnerable on the counter.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
1-1 after 90 minutes, extra time to come and penalties if need be of course. Syria better not score, or it's curtains i fear. Apparently Syria's fitness levels aren't great at full time.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That Robbie Kruse is utter garbage. Harsh sending off, come on Syria - dig in!!!

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Aussies should have scored there.

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much
Do the winners here have to play another qualification play off game?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
15 minutes to hold on for Syria. I think they will win penalties if it comes to them.

Adnandos

Met Cahill out one night with my mates, he was a total dick and I'd love him if not for that night :lol: