Gaming Warhammer

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Aye, the helmeted version does look a tad better, was just thinking the other one to go Ynnead as I already have the Triumvirate(unpainted, of course). Not that I should be looking at more stuff at all, considering my pile of shame and the fact I haven't been able to paint with weeks. Last thing I finished was a FW daemon prince that I'd started months ago.

I'm really excited for the whole thing, promising stuff for every faction is a bit wild.
I mean, if in doubt get a couple and do one of each, the pile of shame can never be too big ;) Any timeframe on when you think you’ll be able to paint again?

This is my current work in progress, tried something new with the armour and pretty pleased with how it’s turned out.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Looks good. Is that using their oxide technical paint?
Yeah it’s one of my favourites. The base underneath it is Snakebite Leather contrast over leadbelcher. I wasn’t totally sold on contrast but you get some really nice colours over metallics

This is what a single coat of it over the leadbelcher looks like, which for 30 seconds work is pretty great

Oldyella

That's not bad at all. I have avoided the contrast paints, got stacks of paints already I barely use. Also not keen on changing halfway through painting stuff.

Nice effect though, might try them next time I start something new.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I mean, if in doubt get a couple and do one of each, the pile of shame can never be too big ;) Any timeframe on when you think you’ll be able to paint again?
I'm hoping in a few weeks at most as my face is starting to show signs of progress, I've been able to do a little bit of assembly and such.
This is my current work in progress, tried something new with the armour and pretty pleased with how it’s turned out.
That looks killer! You might be the first time I've seen a Warhammer mini/painter that knows how verdigris works. Most just paint tiny bits around rivets and in cracks exactly how it doesn't work in real life.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
So, finally my face has been close to normal enough that I've been able to paint again the last few days.

Got this big project finished up, far from my best painting, I rushed some of it(the skin and blade edge especially), but the main thing is it's off the pile of shame!

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
So, finally my face has been close to normal enough that I've been able to paint again the last few days.

Got this big project finished up, far from my best painting, I rushed some of it(the skin and blade edge especially), but the main thing is it's off the pile of shame!
That’s sick love the purple lips, such a great model too I need to get one sometime. The horns look great too.

Oldyella

Chunky boi.

Must be nice getting something that size finished. Looks good.

Oldyella

Looks good. Not for me as not my armies buy I do like this new business model they follow of boxed sets with a mix of new and old stuff at a decent price.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I went to watch my brother play a game (Plague Marines v Custodes) on Friday night at a community gameshop. There were surprisingly a lot of people there.

Any way they were all saying that this new era of GW is referred to as 'new GW,' and the golden era of 40k - as after the new CEO came in they have totally saved the company. GW are listening to the players now.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I went to watch my brother play a game (Plague Marines v Custodes) on Friday night at a community gameshop. There were surprisingly a lot of people there.

Any way they were all saying that this new era of GW is referred to as 'new GW,' and the golden era of 40k - as after the new CEO came in they have totally saved the company. GW are listening to the players now.
Aye, seems to be a new era where they're improving a lot in pr. I believe it's a boom period for mini painting and adult orientated board games in general.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Been doing a bit whilst locked inside, little warband of goblins at the moment...

GloryHunter07

I have fallen down this rabbit hole badly over the last couple of years.. Tyranids, Death Guard and now starting to paint a Black Templars army.. we must have plenty of lockdown armies on the Caf.
How are you getting on @Snowjoe

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I have fallen down this rabbit hole badly over the last couple of years.. Tyranids, Death Guard and now starting to paint a Black Templars army.. we must have plenty of lockdown armies on the Caf.
you know what I’ve found being locked up has totally killed my motivation unfortunately, struggling to sit at the painting desk and focus! Been doing a bit of Harry Potter painting recently

Sounds like you’ve been productive though! I’d love to do a Tyranid army one day

Oldyella

Have been slowly assembling a bunch of custodes but been finding motivation difficult in lockdown

GloryHunter07

you know what I’ve found being locked up has totally killed my motivation unfortunately, struggling to sit at the painting desk and focus! Been doing a bit of Harry Potter painting recently

Sounds like you’ve been productive though! I’d love to do a Tyranid army one day
Im a slow painter but have “inexorably” worked my way through a solid 2.5k of Death Guard over the last 9 months or so. Still plenty left to do.

I wish i had discovered Contrast paints for my Nids, im too far gone to start again.
If i can work out how to take a decent picture and post it i will.

Tiber

I have absolutely no idea wtf is going on with the lore, but the Warhammer Total War games are the best the series has produced in a long time

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Im a slow painter but have “inexorably” worked my way through a solid 2.5k of Death Guard over the last 9 months or so. Still plenty left to do.

I wish i had discovered Contrast paints for my Nids, im too far gone to start again.
If i can work out how to take a decent picture and post it i will.
That’s really good going! 2.5k is a good haul

contrast paints are awesome for certain things for sure, think tyranids would be perfect for them. I love them over metallics to to created coloured metallics

GloryHunter07

That’s really good going! 2.5k is a good haul

contrast paints are awesome for certain things for sure, think tyranids would be perfect for them. I love them over metallics to to created coloured metallics
Warhipster on youtube has some great tutorials for contrast, even space marines!