Gaming Warhammer

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Less burnout, and more interest/addiction, but I've been picking up some proxy stuff, and some other games here and there too. Just got a few charachters from Wild West Exodus because steampunk Abe Lincoln. :lol: Also got Bass Reeves and Jesse James.

Recently for my DG I finished a Kromlech Rotten Butcher, no feckin' idea what it'd be used for in a game mind, it's way bigger than a daemon prince(so big it doen't fit on the 60mm base, which it comes with) but not fat enough for a Great Unclean One.

If I recall correctly, the new Necromunda's been made a bit more approachable rules-wise, too?

Would love to see them redo Mordheim, but I guess they can't since the end times. :lol:
Not sure about the rules as I never played the old version properly so hard to say! I’d kill for Mordheim again though, been so tempted to get some old metal models for it.

That Wild West stuff looks awesome, just saw my local game shop sells it so might have to go check it out, might try bash out my dark Eldar kill team tomorrow so I feel better about buying anything else.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Just tried the new contrast paint, deliberately went yellow on a model with flat surfaces as I figure it’s one of the worst combos, but I have to say despite the blotching which can be sorted out with a bit more practice at knowing how much of it to use, and the missed spots because I was just pissing around, I was pretty impressed. This armour took me 1 coat and took about 1 minute to do...

Only cons really are if you stray into another area you will need to touch the base coat up because it’ll show through. However the black over that yellow made me think that you’ll be able to do some cool weathering effects with it

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Not bad! Looks like it'll be very useful for knocking out units quicksharp.
Definitely, and certainly on things like clothing and skin it’ll find some usage for sure. The flat sections of armour definitely don’t lend themselves to it as well but with a bit more care in application it’ll still look pretty good.

But the positives for people who don’t like to paint and just play is you could probably pump out a unit of goblins in about an hour

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
For stuff like that armor, maybe a coat of Contrast, then a solid layer of another yellow and an edge highlight could look really sharp. Prettu much using the Contrast almost like a recess wash.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
That’s actually what I’m trying now, the edge highlights are looking good but trying to find a yellow that words for the panels it a little harder for sure

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
So popped into GW today for some dice for a Sigmar game tomorrow and accidentally preordered warcry. They had it all out on display and the scenery in the box looks great as well as the models.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Literally have zero people to play it with.

Tonnes of current projects. (Deathguard, Ultramarines, GUO, Silver Tower, Be'Lakor, Lord of the Rings, the list goes on.....)

Need to save some money.

Have Element Games open on another tab at the boxset's page....

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Literally have zero people to play it with.

Tonnes of current projects. (Deathguard, Ultramarines, GUO, Silver Tower, Be'Lakor, Lord of the Rings, the list goes on.....)

Need to save some money.

Have Element Games open on another tab at the boxset's page....
Haha resist resist.

Or don’t...

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Two more Space Marine characters have been converted to Primaris(I have an old Tigurius still unpainted, ffs), and some kind of stealth/vanguard Dreadnought looking fecker.

Also, in the lore Ventris has become Primaris, so I assume they'll make a model of him at some point.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Two more Space Marine characters have been converted to Primaris(I have an old Tigurius still unpainted, ffs), and some kind of stealth/vanguard Dreadnought looking fecker.

Also, in the lore Ventris has become Primaris, so I assume they'll make a model of him at some point.
That Dreadnought thing looks wild

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I love it but also can't wrap my head around it trying to be sneaky since it's about the size of a house.
Oh yeah it makes no sense at all but I’m still down for it. I wanna paint one as an Imperial Fist.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Already talking about Warcry's first expansion too! As if my backlog wasn't fecked enough.

Never mind that I can't paint right now, as I'm after coming down with Bells Palsey and my right eye all feckey.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
https://www.warhammer-community.com...akening-the-first-prophecygw-homepage-post-4/

Oh lawd, @Snowle Gunnar Solskjær they comin'

That helmetless Ynnari option... Temptation to start a small(:lol:) warband....
That exarch is wild, I actually cannot wait to get my hands on it. I think I prefer the helmeted version but both are sweet. Can’t wait to see what they do with the other aspects too. I like that they haven’t really gone for too much of a change with this one.

Love the primaris beakie emo Raven Guard too.

Currently painting the Sergeant Jovan store anniversary model too and he’s awesome.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
That exarch is wild, I actually cannot wait to get my hands on it. I think I prefer the helmeted version but both are sweet. Can’t wait to see what they do with the other aspects too. I like that they haven’t really gone for too much of a change with this one.

Love the primaris beakie emo Raven Guard too.

Currently painting the Sergeant Jovan store anniversary model too and he’s awesome.
Aye, the helmeted version does look a tad better, was just thinking the other one to go Ynnead as I already have the Triumvirate(unpainted, of course). Not that I should be looking at more stuff at all, considering my pile of shame and the fact I haven't been able to paint with weeks. Last thing I finished was a FW daemon prince that I'd started months ago.

They are great, can't wait to see the full release now
I'm really excited for the whole thing, promising stuff for every faction is a bit wild.