Warning for "being negative"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickson

I came up with a stat in the presser thread, then got thrown insults at me. Moderator's writing that I don't get invited to parties, then they blocked me from responding in the thread. What I wrote was that Ole said in his presser that Ronaldo hits the target with 99/100 shots from outside the box. I gave a stat, provided by the journalist Michael Cox, that he has just a 35% hit ratio, making it even lower if we consider it outside the box. That didn't go down well. And despite the stat, some argued that it wasn't correct. Apparently, you can't argue about his shooting stats in a thread, but you can throw insults at a member, or coming up with smileys as a response. That is contributing more to a discussion, apparently. But it doesn’t end there, I then got a warning for the utterly suspect reason ”negativity”. My post?

” Alright, but Ronaldo obviously isn't very good at hitting the target, so why can't we question when Ole is telling us fairytales? He is indeed the manager of Manchester United, he can't just come up with what he feels like.”
I can't find ANYTHING in the rules that say that's an inappropriate post, yet the admin's post that I don't get invited to parties, but somehow, that adds more to the discussion. I should be able to give my opinion on Ole's presser and Ronaldo's stats without getting a warning for it. I see much worse posts every day. I will surely be banned for this, however, one shouldn't be laughed at, thrown smileys, or get insults because some don't agree with the original post. I never got that kind of behavior. If you don't agree with someone, it shouldn't be that hard to prove them wrong, or maybe... just leave it there.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You cannot see the woods for the trees my friend.

If a single mod disagrees with me I will happily reverse the warning but you were completely derailing the thread with the most ridiculous and minuscule bugbears. It was clearly a view the majority of the thread had with you and it was inane and pointless. You've had a previous warning for being overly negative and that was the night we reached the Europa League final. Maybe try to enjoy things.

mav_9me

You took a throwaway comment literally and criticized Ole. There is plenty reasons to be critical of Ole. But don't think this is it. As you can see most disagree with your posts in that thread.

Deery

Dreary
Your posts are already highlighted in another thread so you’re not as innocent as you’re making out.

Ole probably wasn’t being factually serious when he made them comments and to get annoyed by them is a little OTT.

Mickson

You cannot see the woods for the trees my friend.

If a single mod disagrees with me I will happily reverse the warning but you were completely derailing the thread with the most ridiculous and minuscule bugbears. It was clearly a view the majority of the thread had and it was inane and pointless. You've had a previous warning for being overly negative and that was the night we reached the Europa League final. Maybe try to enjoy thingss.
If someone doesn't agree with me, I'd like to defend my stand. I don't see my post as being overly negative.

I don't see how my post belongs there. Although I didn't know about the rule, and I generally agree with "he's shit"-comments and how they don't add anything. But again, I see my post as having a reasonable argument for my stand and just because it was negative, doesn't mean it doesn't add anything to the discussion. I'm very curious about seeing how much "you are fun at parties" add to the discussion, or how I am stupid.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If someone doesn't agree with me, I'd like to defend my stand. I don't see my post as being overly negative.
It wasn't that people disagreed with you, they were just happy to ignore an obvious hyperbole and carry on with their lives. You drilled down into it and bored everyone to tears with semantics. You were threadbanned for derailing the discussion and that is actually against the rules so maybe learn from it. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.