Was Ole a coward?

jeepers

Silly comparing Ole to Fergie, and the squads they have/had at their disposal. Even sillier to call Ole a coward, especially whilst hiding behind your computer screen.

tenpoless

A PE teacher who can't manage subs, a sexist, abuses children by not feeding them, pisses off other managers, is an enemy with entire Roma and now a coward.

Keep on going.

By the end of the year he will be worse than Ryan Giggs let me tell you.

redshaw

Not in the least, he has to protect the players.

Also very fitting for the Abu Dhabi project to win their title this way and shows the state of the game and if Klopp didn't open his mouth we may have had more to fight for at this stage, perhaps the protest doesn't even happen if we're closer so his comments are coming back to make it very difficult to get 4th.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
If you thought City would have slipped up, then you’d need a reality check.
I’d have seriously questioned Ole’s squad management if he had fielded the first team.

SuperiorXI

You don’t get it do you ...we’re talking about Fergie here, we all know City just needed a couple of points, but SAF would have made them go and get them.

Why would SAF give City an easy ride before the CL final?
They already had an easy ride! Are you saying SAF is a stupid man? Because he would have been crazy to have fielded the first team.

Wilt

They already had an easy ride! Are you saying SAF is a stupid man? Because he would have been crazy to have fielded the first team.
I never said he would have played the first team! Read again

justsomebloke

Handing City the title without them even playing, your thoughts?
This is not even a relevant question. 3 matches in 5 days. Not possible to do without second-stringing the middle one (or both the first and the third one, which would have been even worse). It's as simple as that.

Devil81

He couldn't stop City winning the title anyway so he did the next best thing, blocked Liverpool from next years Champions League.

stw2022

Pragmatic. They were winning title anyway. Winning it when not playing is shit. I take comfort from that

crossy1686

career ending
City were never going to drop points in their last 3 games of the season, I'm sure we all would have felt differently if they didn't have such a commanding lead for most of the second half of the season but they did so it's not like we were ever close.

I'd understand if we were neck and neck but we've not been close to them for months.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He had to get top 4 secured as soon as possible. So he played the first XI against Villa. We won the game and got top 4 when West Ham lost.

He was 100% right in his selections.

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
Lets be honest City were never going to drop a point from their remaining games and the players need a rest for the most important game of our season the Europa League Final. We haven't won a trophy in a few seasons now so will be important and we got to see what players need to go at the end of the season from the Leicester game.

Ekeke

Hard to blame Ole for having an extra match on Thursday. Also quite content with giving some of the younger and newer players a chance to show what they can do against a really good team

cyberman

Honestly dont know if this is a wind up or not which says a lot obout the state of certain conversations on here.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Against Arsenal, earlier on in the season, maybe. Yesterday, against Leicester, not in a million miles

romufc

Seriously? the caf can never surprise me.

Some of these players have not had a break, how can you expect them to play 4 games in 8 days?

We have secured top 4, we have a Europa league final, we have Liverpool on Thursday, what did people expect?

When Bruno, Rashford, McFred play most games people complain, when they rested people complain...

Dan_F

If Leicester had to play on the Thursday there would have been uproar and they would have rested their whole team. Two days before a cup final.
Yeah true. I didn’t really mean logically though, I was just thinking about what might have been Ole’s thought process if it was Liverpool in the middle.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Daft thread, there should be zero harsh criticism of United, Ole, or any of the players after yesterdays game.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
City were handed the title when we lost against Sheffield United and failed to beat another relegated team in WBA. Drawing with palace.

Yesterday was a game where he had no choice. he had to play the weak side yesterday or against Liverpool. Which game would you pick?

Oh and by the way its because of the protest, so he was forced by our own fans to make such decisions.

So no, this time he wasnt a coward.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Also, I don't know why suddenly all this talk of us being in a title race happened over the last few days.

The title was over long ago Man City are not going to not win at least one game vs. Newcastle, Brighton or Everton... lets be feckin' reasonable.

SuperiorXI

Also, I don't know why suddenly all this talk of us being in a title race happened over the last few days.

The title was over long ago Man City are not going to not win at least one game vs. Newcastle, Brighton or Everton... lets be feckin' reasonable.
All they needed to do was draw two of them had we won yesterday, chances of us getting +17GD over 4 games is incredibly slim.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
All they needed to do was draw two of them had we won yesterday, chances of us getting +17GD over 4 games is incredibly slim.
I don't think City have gone 5 league games not winning under Pep ever... Its totally fanciful.

And yeah getting back that goal difference is near impossible.

SAred

Lee Martin Scores , Sir Alex legacy begins
You've surely heard of leading questions though, eg is this a fecking shit thread?
Why is it a shit thread because I asked an opinion on do people think Ole was a coward - most seem to think he made the right choice. Some don't it's only a question you don't have to reply to. It's a football page after all people have different opinions and like to bounce them of each other.

Reddevil1978

Or we could of won last night and he's a brave hero who gives youth a chance.

I think any club in our position would of gave serious thought to playing a weaker side.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Why is it a shit thread because I asked an opinion on do people think Ole was a coward - most seem to think he made the right choice. Some don't it's only a question you don't have to reply to. It's a football page after all people have different opinions and like to bounce them of each other.
I don't anyone was saying he was a 'coward'. You could argue it's more cowardly risking other players' wellbeing by playing full strength teams throughout this fixture logjam, not like it's him that will get injured. You can debate whether the decision to change the team that much was right or wrong, but the use of the term coward feels unwarranted and frankly tendentious.
I was only asking the question is it a shit thread?