Watching football legally in the UK

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
The more we talk, the more this makes sense. I feel the lower leagues would gain vastly more interest aswell from this, being that most football fans would want some form of football during a saturday, which could open pathways for more lower league TV deals?
Quite possibly yeah. Its a tricky one. I feel the premier league are too content to just continue with what has become the norm.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The Premier League Loan make all our dreams happen :drool:

Judas

Open to offers
I’m not too tech savvy but what I would suggest for everyone is if it’s possible, use a VPN and register as a Canadian to get DAZN. For $20 CAD, you get every Premier League, League Cup, Champions League, Europa League, Serie A and if its your thing NFL games along with other sports.
Do you need a Canadian address to achieve this? DAZN was meant to be launching over here in May wasn’t it, I was planning on signing up just to use a VPN to watch the Canadian version.

fezzerUTD

Games should be
Sat 12.30 - 5.30 - 7.30
Sun 12 - 2(x2) - 4(x2) - 6

manutddjw

Do you need a Canadian address to achieve this? DAZN was meant to be launching over here in May wasn’t it, I was planning on signing up just to use a VPN to watch the Canadian version.
I think so because you have to pay by credit or debit card which needs a billing address. If you’d like to try a prepaid card, let me know I can give you my office address.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53949890

Surely illegal streaming will go through the roof with all these games on and nothing to watch? It's ridiculous that they aren't going to show the 3pm games live when the stadiums are empty.
They'll end up showing Saturday 3pm games again, just a question of how long it takes to do it. They're deluded if they think they'll have fans back in October. Really got no idea why the seasonal aspects of the current situation are being overlooked everywhere, very obviously the first peak comes with all the similar viruses in the depths of winter.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Surely illegal streaming will go through the roof with all these games on and nothing to watch? It's ridiculous that they aren't going to show the 3pm games live when the stadiums are empty.
Totally weird when stadiums are empty anyway. And most people don’t go Saturday afternoon shopping anymore anyway, esp during COVID-19 times.

And they are missing out on tons of ad revenue.

makes zero sense.

stevoc

Probably yeah, year on year I’m sure more and more people figure out that about 5 minutes googling will bring you to decent streams of almost any game you could wish to watch. For free and cancel their subscriptions.

But the relevant people seem determined to continue with a 30 year old business and broadcasting model.

diarm

I see what your saying.

The problem with moving all premier league games to Sunday’s would mean Champs league games could not take place on a Tuesday. They would have to all take place on a Wednesday which UEFA probably wouldn’t agree to as they want to spread it over two days for more TV rights money and bigger number of viewers.

At the moment any team that plays on a Tuesday european game always plays on the Saturday before it.
Play the Champions League games on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Europa league can be relegated to Tuesdays and Fridays - it's the same difference anyway if most games are going to be on Sunday.

Chief123

Play the Champions League games on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Europa league can be relegated to Tuesdays and Fridays - it's the same difference anyway if most games are going to be on Sunday.
I would imagine moving all premier league games to Sunday’s would have big ramifications for away fans as it will be a difficult travel followed by a working day the next day.