Watching old football matches

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The 3-1? San Siro? That was a great game iirc. The last great milan side at their best

Kopral Jono

For whatever reason this thread is giving me proper flashbacks of the 2006 World Cup. I arrived in Frankfurt from Jakarta just before the tournament started and managed to catch England v Paraguay, South Korea v Togo, Tunisia v Saudi Arabia (a hugely entertaining game, by the way) and Holland v Ivory Coast live, along with plenty others at fan fests or whatever you called them back then. I flew out to Hong Kong to join my late dad, who was working on a business project there, sometime during the knockout stage and watched the rest of the tournament somewhere at Lan Kwai Fong or on television at the comfort of our hotel suite.

What a summer that was. Long uni summer break, no smartphones, pre-social media internet. It was pure, unadulterated fun with my best friend at that time and random football fans from around the world.

GueRed

miss this rivalry.

I remember rivalry spilled over and it proper kicked off at a 'neutral' Central London establishment I was at after this game... :eek:

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I have entered the site, but how do I watch ?
Press the sign up button located in the top right corner. Then log in. This will enable you to view a catalogue of videos for free. However, if you feel inclined, you may wish to pay a subscription fee of £16.71 a year which allows you to create a watch later list, a randomized, and a create your own playlist.

Bogdannn

Press the sign up button located in the top right corner. Then log in. This will enable you to view a catalogue of videos for free. However, if you feel inclined, you may wish to pay a subscription fee of £16.71 a year which allows you to create a watch later list, a randomized, and a create your own playlist.
Thank you.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan

I'm a fan of modern football tactics and evolutions, it's worth to study in details. So talking about old matches ,I really appreciate this match. This match for me is a masterclass duel, the way that both teams play are ahead of that time(70s). It's really similar to today football.

IMHO, this match is underrated.

Last edited:

WButlerMU

Somewhere around here, in a Borussia shirt, must be Gunter Netzer, arguably the best playmaker of the 1970s since Cruyff and a club legend.

AndrewDk

You can use "BCE Sportflix" for watching full replays of soccer matches. They have extensive library of sports programs video on demand. I highly recommend it.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
YouTube channel ''Classic Football Matches +'' has heaps of old matches in full and in highlights, a couple of documentaries as well as ''The Big Match'' and MOTD episodes from the 1960's to the 1990's.

Last edited:

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
The only football match that I have ever rewatched was the 3 -1 CL final between Barca and Man Utd:wenger: