Watching us play while chatting on RedCafe

SirAnderson

I never learn!
I always say I want to just immerse myself in the game and block everything out, but time and time again I come back for me punishment.
Sometimes its great banter and enjoyable, but then you miss out on the game itself a bit.
I find myself chatting about the game more than I'm actually watching it at times. Don't get me started on when you post your post and it loads "GET IN, YESSS" "What a GOAL" or "FFS, it was coming" "Noooooo :(".
When your game is 2 mins behind. Urggh, hate it. But still, I find myself coming back for more.

Anyone else have this problem?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Yes frequently. I watch online nearly all the games and I rarely see a major incident that I didn't already know was coming.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yes frequently. I watch online nearly all the games and I rarely see a major incident that I didn't already know was coming.
I have my phone facing down during games. No way to watch it having everything spoiled.

Deery

Dreary
Used to be able to take in far more without redcafe but still enjoyable feels like am watching with friends..

vodrake

I try to just come on if I've seen something specific happen I want to see the reaction to.

Not just about avoiding spoilers, but I dont want my view on what's happening tainted by the incessant negativity of the match day thread

MonkeysMagic

Generally when watching the game amongst friends, frustrations can be vented. In absence of such, the Cafe is a good outlet hence I don't particularly hate on the martchday thread cos I know that feeling run deep when your team/players frustrate and you need to get it out of your system. I'm surprised the matchday thread isn't more vitriolic on BCD games but perhaps its the Times we are living.

Walters_19_MuFc

Occasionally I'll write something on the matchday thread, but wouldn't say I get caught up too much into it, where I lose focus on the game. I normally say what I need to say at half time.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I always watch games alone and because of wife and baby i can't swear on loud. So typing is a good way to get out frustration. Especially if Lingard is playing

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I’ve been stood in the stand at Old Trafford and gone onto the caf on my mobile and a comment on here has made me think for a split second something has happened in the game when it’s live literally right in front of me.

It’s quite amusing how everyone is watching at different stages of the game.

Judas

Open to offers
Tend to talk just after a goal or vent if we’re being truly terrible. I find I enjoy it a lot more if I ignore the absolute nonsense so many people come out with in the match day thread and just watch the game with no technology interference. I know I’ve been guilty of speaking crap in the heat of the moment too.

SirAnderson

Occasionally I'll write something on the matchday thread, but wouldn't say I get caught up too much into it, where I lose focus on the game. I normally say what I need to say at half time.
Except if Cuntwell is playing :lol:

But yeah, I wish I could confine myself to commenting during match day, but its hard. You want to share your frustrations like the cafe is a friend sitting right next to you. :lol:

SirAnderson

I’ve been stood in the stand at Old Trafford and gone onto the caf on my mobile and a comment on here has made me think for a split second something has happened in the game when it’s live literally right in front of me.

:lol::lol: Wow. That's next level! For someone that has never been, I'd kick your arse (more like I'd fall over my arse trying) for wasting such an opportunity :lol:

Tiber

To be fair at this point my phone is basically an extension of my hand.

Last edited:

Walters_19_MuFc

Except if Cuntwell is playing :lol:

But yeah, I wish I could confine myself to commenting during match day, but its hard. You want to share your frustrations like the cafe is a friend sitting right next to you. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I knew that was coming. To be fair, I wrote that when the game was stopped, due to his fannying around.

I do get what you mean, though. I guess it's like being at the match in some way, where you'll always share frustrations. Just typing it instead of shouting it out. Or maybe you are shouting it out, too. :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

What the feck?

You got signal inside Old Trafford?

SirAnderson

:lol: :lol:

I knew that was coming. To be fair, I wrote that when the game was stopped, due to his fannying around.

I do get what you mean, though. I guess it's like being at the match in some way, where you'll always share frustrations. Just typing it instead of shouting it out. Or maybe you are shouting it out, too. :lol:
:lol: I couldn't help it!

I would be, if my wife wouldn't kill me for waking the kids up :lol:

Tel074

I'm lucky enough to be able to go to every game at OT and as many away games as possible so this using Refcafe during games is a new thing to me . I try to stay off the phone when United have been on during the past couple of weeks

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Felt like very few people in the match day thread understood the concepts of not being match fit/playing your first game in 2/3 months.

Pav1878

Haha was just thinking about this very thing today. Had to tell myself to put my phone down so I could concentrate on the game!

The Caf is good company though, and always good to know most are just as frustrated as me when watching performances like that.

SirAnderson

Felt like very few people in the match day thread understood the concepts of not being match fit/playing your first game in 2/3 months.
That was probably the hardest frustration in today's match thread yes. And naturally draw conclusions about players and Ole from that. It's hard to explain or argue against.
At least some posters drive me away from the thread and to watch the game.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I get it when people come here during half time. However, I never understand why people always look away or even checking their phone when watching your own team playing. Another reason why you can't take some poster and some people seriously about unpopular opinion on player's performance despite of making statement watching the game.

For example the Matic's case. Prior the Burnley away game this season, I often watched players get passed him easily and also how often he's being lazy not trying to follow his man. And yet there are few people who denied this, could have missed the moment when you look away on your phone when the player does stupid thing.

Robertd0803

Ive a weird superstition on matchdays that I dont go on the Caf until the game is finished. But I was posting whatever day City were playing Arsenal and it was great fun I have to say.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I find that watching and reading CAF comments instead of watching the game really helps with preventing me from getting immersed in Ole's reign, no matter how impressive our performances gets. If I can make a distance between myself and the true Man Utd feeling, and vibe Ole gives Man Utd it helps me to be critical and negatively biased towards our own. It's really something anyone should look into if struggling to maintain a negative view.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have my phone facing down during games. No way to watch it having everything spoiled.
Seems a bit of a lotto with goal updates watching Now TV and BT for me.

The other day an alert came up 30secs before I saw it, yet today Greenwood's goal was a minute after.

Have to turn so much stuff off when on the laptop, ignore someone spoiling it on fb, turn the phone off, turn the smart watch off!