Watford sack Javi Gracia, bring back Quique Sanchez Flores then sack him again

Acole9

Outstanding
Why? It's the way football should work. If a manager is doing shit you sack him, if a manager who did well has stagnated and is now doing shit sack him and go again.

The obsession with managerial stability in this country is weird, I'd say sticking with underperforming managers out of desperation for stability is actually the most unstable way to run a football club. I mean if you can find a Fergie or pre 2006 Wenger then brilliant, but you shouldn't be sticking with the wrong man because of some misguided moral duty.

No one has a problem with being ruthless with players who have declined or ain't good enough but whenever a manager gets the same treatment it's apparently crime of the century.
A very fine point you make. I used to cling on to the stability in football management but after Moyes my opinions have changed a lot.

I'm always a bit bemused when there's an outcry after a manager has been sacked, people act like someone's passed away, it's very odd. At the end of the day they get paid off and go pick up a job somewhere else.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Imagine if Watford actually re-appoint Javi Gracia now.

The chaos it would bring to the topic title, make it happen Pozzo. :lol:

Acole9

Outstanding
If they do sack Quique Sanchez I think they'll go for another "Outside the box" appointment.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
ch
A very fine point you make. I used to cling on to the stability in football management but after Moyes my opinions have changed a lot.

I'm always a bit bemused when there's an outcry after a manager has been sacked, people act like someone's passed away, it's very odd. At the end of the day they get paid off and go pick up a job somewhere else.
chelsea few years ago destroyed the myth of stability in England. They kept changing managers and winning stuff while the riots in media talked about how bad it is and how you have to have stability. Nothing worse than sticking with the wrong manager. The likes of Moyes and Emery are perfect example

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
When I saw this bump I read it as.. 'Watford sack Quique Sachez Flores, bring back Javi Gracia'

That's probably what will happen. Be funny if they carry on the backwards trend and reappoint Silva, Materazzi etc.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
When I saw this bump I read it as.. 'Watford sack Quique Sachez Flores, bring back Javi Gracia'

That's probably what will happen. Be funny if they carry on the backwards trend and reappoint Silva, Materazzi etc.
Dear God! I hope they let Graham Taylor rest in peace!

DavidDeSchmikes

"The likelihood is though that a head coach will be recruited from continental Europe, that like many of the previous appointments, will be one that isn’t necessarily a name on the tip of peoples tongues. That will become clear prior to the game against Leicester on Wednesday when it is expected the new man will take charge."

Wouldn't be suprised if Watford had a replacement already lined up. When they sacked Gracia, Flores was announced 30 mins afterwards. Watford have got Leicester,(a) Palace,(h) Liverpool(a), Manchester United (h), Sheffield United(a) and Aston Villa(h) in December. For Flores it hasn't worked out, 1 win in 10, and Watford remain the only team to have scored less than double figures. Plus they are 6 points off safety. Watford won't be bringing Silva back (those bridges are burnt), and why would the Pozzos want Gracia back?

Wayne's World

He's 1/20 to be next manager gone and he's only been in the job less then 3 months....

Mental :eek::lol:

Absolute shambles from whoever is connected within the board at Watford though

paulscholes18

He's 1/20 to be next manager gone and he's only been in the job less then 3 months....

Mental :eek::lol:

Absolute shambles from whoever is connected within the board at Watford though
Got him 5/2 just after they lost to Southampton, could well be onto a winner

Brophs

The One and Only
Give it ‘reanimated corpse of Graham Taylor t’end of season

Alabaster Codify7

I actually quite like Watford as a team. But I honestly want them to get relegated - their board needs a massive fecking wakeup call. They are running Watford into the fecking ground, bizarre decision making over and over again.

This saga wth Flores is definitely the maddest managerial situation I can remember.

Cheeky £30m bid for Doucoure for United please. Would immediately be our best (available) midfielder and an excellent option for the squad.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Are managers not allowed anymore to have 1 period of bad form?

starman

Hopefully there's a Watford documentary in progress as I would love to see the inner workings of the club in voyage of relegation.

Watford: Goodbye yellow brick road

Pagh Wraith

Are managers not allowed anymore to have 1 period of bad form?
Is it any surprise? There are two threads on here at the moment dedicated to seriously debating replacing Guardiola at City. I wonder how many people just look at the results and then make up what happened and how many actually bother to do some additional research. Sadly for Watford fans, their club actually seems to be run by people like that.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
I actually quite like Watford as a team. But I honestly want them to get relegated - their board needs a massive fecking wakeup call. They are running Watford into the fecking ground, bizarre decision making over and over again.

This saga wth Flores is definitely the maddest managerial situation I can remember.

Cheeky £30m bid for Doucoure for United please. Would immediately be our best (available) midfielder and an excellent option for the squad.
they are running Watford to the ground? Their owners is the only reason they Been in the pl for so long

Acole9

Outstanding
Pochettino being sacked has created a bit of a domino effect, I'm sure they'll be one or two more before the new year.

AlwaysRed66

I wonder how long the next one will last. Perhaps they can get through a few before the season lasts. Be good to give some money to those desperate managers in need of a few bob.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I've definitely seen this headline a couple of times.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Pozzo should really revert to Italian dinosaurs again... after Guidolin and Mazzarri, why not Delneri or Malesani? :drool:

Okey

I think Watford's is a special kind of madness this season. Makes no sense. You're getting relegated most likely. 3 teams will anyway. Everyone can't avoid it. Maybe plan for a quick return? Unless they're doing massive shopping in January, it's the same players the new manager will get. And if you're buying new ones by the way, why not give the guy in place a chance to work with them??? Madness. Absolute shambles..

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Whoever comes in has a pretty easy job really. Their squad is way better than the other sides near the bottom. They've got genuine quality in Delofeu and Sarr and then decent players with Gray, Deeney etc. Midfield is pretty strong as well for a bottom Prem side, Capoue, Pereyra and Doucoure is a solid midfield. Defence is the weak point but they've been coached horrifically to be in the position that they are in. With a decent appointment (not overly likely given their track record) they'll finish mid table easily. Of the current bottom half of the league, only United, West Ham and Everton have better squads. Bournemouth is probably similar.

Kammy26

The Watford board keep making mistakes but at least they realise it and try to rectify. Unlike our board who wait an eternity to do anything.