Wayne Rooney | 2007-10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

I've had enough of people, including United fans, questioning the boy's talent and class. Well, just to set the record straight, Wayne Rooney is a world class footballer, and the best England have had since Gazza.

That is all. Thank you.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Of course he is. Once he start scoring goals, he will be back to his best.

Showed this season, that when on form, he's the complete striker and that his finishing has improved

AttackingFlair

He's doing almost everything except scoring, for a striker he needs to do that and then he'll be fine.

scottish_red

hah i knew that would ruffles someone's feathers but in all seriousness, i have a point. his first touch aint what it used to be.

scottish_red

His touch has become inconsistent now. I mind it used to stick to his feet all the time, now it does 70% of the time. His shooting has got worse as well.
pretty much my sentiments. still would have him in my team for his fiery desire to win alone. ohh and fergies statement the other week where he said he thought rooney was trying to hard, hit the nail on the head. he just needs to relax and let the natural talent do the talking.

Ekeke

I've had enough of people, including United fans, questioning the boy's talent and class. Well, just to set the record straight, Wayne Rooney is a world class footballer, and the best England have had since Gazza.

That is all. Thank you.
He is world class. He's also a bit short of form and trying a bit hard. What he needs is a goal and then he'll be back to his best.

Sam

hah i knew that would ruffles someone's feathers but in all seriousness, i have a point. his first touch aint what it used to be.
What did I just say.

This thread is for people to appreciate what a great player Wayne is, not to slag him off, if you want to do that, start your own thread. Comprende ?

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr

That is all. Thank you.
Hmmm. I think he is the best england have on his day but there's no doubting he has consistency issues therefore cannot be world class at the moment. The difference in the level and consistency of performance between ronaldo and rooney over the last year and a half is massive. If rooney is world class...ronaldo is universe class

scottish_red

What did I just say.

This thread is for people to appreciate what a great player Wayne is, not to slag him off, if you want to do that, start your own thread. Comprende ?
its not that i dont appreciate what a player he is , more like im just appreciating the player rooney should/could be.

Sam

its not that i dont appreciate what a player is , im just appreciating the player rooney should/could be.
Did you not see some of his performances during the earlier parts of the season ? He was on fire, goals were flying in, but then he got injured, again, and as we know, Wayne takes a while to re discover form after injuries, but once he does, he'll be banging them in once again. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Sam

By the way same had we signed torres your location would be the other way round. You should get rid of that...its silly.
:D

By the way, it wouldn't have been. I've always been a fan of Tevez, way before we were even interested in signing him. Anyway, that's another story, this is the Rooney thread.

scottish_red

Did you not see some of his performances during the earlier parts of the season ? He was on fire, goals were flying in, but then he got injured, again, and as we know, Wayne takes a while to re discover form after injuries, but once he does, he'll be banging them in once again. Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Both his metatarsal injuries came at really bad times because rooney was flying and i they hindered his progress. Just because im a staunch united fan and on occassions biased, im not gonna sit here and say rooney is world class. In my opinion the term 'world class' is overused no end. World class, zidane of recent times because you just knew there was no other player on the planet in his position was better than him. Rooney can be argued but its not so crystal clear, therefore not world class... at the moment. Also can you recall a match where rooney took the game by the scruff of the neck against an elite club team ? neither has ronaldo for that matter.

Mithun

Holds even more bizarre beliefs than Kemo
rooney should have scored today but again made bad mistakes along with the customary bad touches and never looked like doing anything even he had time and space to attack.

Motson is a real wan*ker - he kept uplifting rooney even tho he messed up his attempt at a 360 spin. Then the shot matters not if it is offside. The stats showed 8-9 attempts on goal and 1 on target. Says it all.

The worst part came near the end when he beat the wingback and was 1 v1 vs the defender on the edge of the box and then tried a ridiculous and hilarious step-over attempt and ended up barging into the defender and losing the ball.

Poor!

Mithun

yes, i recall him scoring a flurry of tap ins! don't recall brilliant performances!

GusHiddink

Both his metatarsal injuries came at really bad times because rooney was flying and i they hindered his progress. Just because im a staunch united fan and on occassions biased, im not gonna sit here and say rooney is world class. In my opinion the term 'world class' is overused no end. World class, zidane of recent times because you just knew there was no other player on the planet in his position was better than him. Rooney can be argued but its not so crystal clear, therefore not world class... at the moment. Also can you recall a match where rooney took the game by the scruff of the neck against an elite club team ? neither has ronaldo for that matter.
fa cup final springs to mind...

Sam

rooney should have scored today but again made bad mistakes along with the customary bad touches and never looked like doing anything even he had time and space to attack.

Motson is a real wan*ker - he kept uplifting rooney even tho he messed up his attempt at a 360 spin. Then the shot matters not if it is offside. The stats showed 8-9 attempts on goal and 1 on target. Says it all.

The worst part came near the end when he beat the wingback and was 1 v1 vs the defender on the edge of the box and then tried a ridiculous and hilarious step-over attempt and ended up barging into the defender and losing the ball.

Poor!
You can feck off out of this thread, you most certainly are not welcome.

Kanoute >>> Rooney. ;)

GusHiddink

Poor!

you again??? the guy was knackered by the time he got one on one with that defender after the shift he put in.

Shouldnt have taken a touch with bentley's cross but ive said it before and ill say it again the boy doesnt have pure striking instincts. So dont play him there

OK enough.

Redcafe star:Man utd for life. a player from Somal

That is all. Thank you.
Agreed with you in 1000% times. For surely he will score more goals for England in the future.:D

Mithun

you're a right dic*khead. Rooney had another frustrating game, messes many chances and is all over the place, switching positions and looking lost and you create a thread proclaiming him as world class etc

Once again Joe Cole shows why he is ebgland's best talent - and this playing on the left. Rooney was invisible in that role. And the reason gerrard won MoM was as Cole was subbed at HT!!!

You can feck off out of this thread, you most certainly are not welcome.

Kanoute >>> Rooney. ;)

Mithun

indeed, he then had the chance to smash the ball and missed the target! That is criminal at this level to miss the target!

His attempt at the Zidane roulette was lucky............

Sam

you're a right dic*khead. Rooney had another frustrating game, messes many chances and is all over the place, switching positions and looking lost and you create a thread proclaiming him as world class etc

Once again Joe Cole shows why he is ebgland's best talent - and this playing on the left. Rooney was invisible in that role.
And the reason gerrard won MoM was as Cole was subbed at HT!!!
:lol:

And again you make a great tit of yourself.

Cole has been playing on the left for fecking ages, so of course he'll be good, that is never in question, Rooney won't be good playing there because, HE'S NOT A LEFT WINGER!

Now if you'd kindly piss off, as this thread is for people that understand football and appreciate talent, not small minded individuals who have personal vendetta's. Thank you.

Mithun

so ronoey is knackered and its ok to lose the ball clumsily with a joke step-over outside the box with a goal chance on?

Rooney must be unfit - if he is knackered - as i've seen winger's i.e. Ronaldo - ride 3-4 challenges and line up powerful shots without any problems!

I am real glad MU have class match-winners so they can carry Rooney when he messes up for MU!

you again??? the guy was knackered by the time he got one on one with that defender after the shift he put in.

Shouldnt have taken a touch with bentley's cross but ive said it before and ill say it again the boy doesnt have pure striking instincts. So dont play him there

hypercrawl

Rooney isn't a striker, he's been placed in that position because he can read where the game is going and (perhaps more in the past) be in the right place in the right time.
Scholes was played more as a forward in his earlier days before being put in a position where he could use his vision and skills to more effect. Rooney might be better in that sort of position - he already covers most of the pitch as it is. He also, even when he's not entirely at his best, almost always plays a few passes every match where you can see what he was trying to do , but it just didn't come off.

Mithun

you dic*k if that is your argument then rooney has previously played on left-wing for MU and should have experience of playing the position.

Joe Cole - unlike Rooney has fine dribbling skills and close control and is able to make up for a lack of a left foot by largely using his close control on his right front! The assist for Jenas was class and he totally bamboozled the RB!

Full credit for Joe Cole for making light of the left-wing position - for being clever, technically superb and a team player - and who is certainly not clumsy - unlike a certain 'great'!

:lol:

And again you make a great tit of yourself.

Cole has been playing on the left for fecking ages, so of course he'll be good, that is never in question, Rooney won't be good playing there because, HE'S NOT A LEFT WINGER!

Now if you'd kindly piss off, as this thread is for people that understand football and appreciate talent, not small minded individuals who have personal vendetta's. Thank you.

Mithun

So you're saying a position exists for rooney and the great managers in SAF, SGE, Capello have been unable to get the best out of him????????

THis thread should really say that yet again its been proved that wayne is not a striker. Its a total misuse of his ability

Sam

yes, i recall him scoring a flurry of tap ins! don't recall brilliant performances!
I take it you didn't rate Ruud Van Nistelrooy then ? You know, with all those tap ins.

Mithun - you're a spastic.

Gus - agree with your comments

Lizard - keep up the good work
I swear, that's an understatement of the highest proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.