Wayne Rooney | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
In terms of creativity Rooney wasn't particularly great last season. Calling him the main creator is a bit of a stretch.
First half of the season and the season before (after Jan 1st) he really was. He even helped out in midfield this season and did much better than people think.

I think Rooney's creativity suffered in the second half this season because we insisted on using our devastating wingers to create chances.

With Kagawa hopefully he can link with Rooney and create chances through the middle.

All in all, I can't think of a more versatile player in the world who still has skill and creativity like Rooney.

Maybe Drogba but he has taken the money and gone to China to waste his immense talent.

Varun

Staff
Rooney Aguero Ibrahimovic RVP Villa. All in the same league for me. Couldnt say for certain that any of them is better than the other.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I agree with Varun. He's part of a collection of strikers that are all round about a similar level. None of whom I'd put in the elite list of players in the world (Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi ).

For example, I personally think Villa and RVP are better than Rooney. And although I haven't seen that much of Ibrahimovic, some of the things I see him do on a technical level, Rooney just can't do. So I'm not sure where he stands amongst those list of best strikers but he's in amongst them although I wouldn't have him top.

amolbhatia50k

I'm struggling to think of any aspects of Rooney's game which aren't superior to Tevez. Running with the ball maybe? Slightly more 2 footed?
Running with the ball and ability in tight spaces. Tevez is way way ahead in terms of the latter. Rooney's touch is pretty clumsy at times and generally inconsistent. Tevez would probably be up there amongst the best if his attitude wasn't so messed up.

Although in his time for us I thought he looked a step below the best strikers. He's a confusing player.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Running with the ball and ability in tight spaces. Tevez is way way ahead in terms of the latter. Rooney's touch is pretty clumsy at times and generally inconsistent. Tevez would probably be up there amongst the best if his attitude wasn't so messed up.

Although in his time for us I thought he looked a step below the best strikers. He's a confusing player.
If you had wings you could fly, best to deal with reality.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
If Quaremsa had a brain he'd probably be amongst the best. Having a good football brain and personality just doesn't come to everyone but it is an absolutely huge factor in becoming a top player

amolbhatia50k

If Quaremsa had a brain he'd probably be amongst the best. Having a good football brain and personality just doesn't come to everyone but it is an absolutely huge factor in becoming a top player
Bit obvious, though?

Art

Art the artist
I'm normally defending Wayne amol but today both Rooney and Wellbeck were just :(

They certainly don't play for England even to 1/5th the ability they play for United.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Yet another international tournament where Wayne looks below par. He wasn't great against Ukraine which was to be expected since it was his first game but tonight he just looked unfit and if anything he should have been subbed off to end his misery.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
He can't dribble, which sets him back from other 'world class' players who play his positon. I do think he's incredible but he can't beat a man to save his life.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
What gives? No spark, looked miserable, Carroll's touch and distribution was better. Really awful tonight.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Rooney just cant come back from a break like other players. Wasnt anywhere near his sharpest.

Chabon

Yet another international tournament where Wayne looks below par. He wasn't great against Ukraine which was to be expected since it was his first game but tonight he just looked unfit and if anything he should have been subbed off to end his misery.
Three successive tournaments he's been completely unfit. Admittedly this time it was his fault, but even so, he's been very unlucky. Having said that, he could have been Maradonna and he'd have struggled to do much with this shower of shit.

Drifter

American
When is he going to show it for England.Agree though that it takes him longer to get going after a lay off.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Shocking tonight. I'm glad he's now going to get a rest before the start of the season because I'd be very concerned if that's the Rooney we're going to be seeing. Let's just hope we don't see the 2010 World Cup effect again.

Godfather

When he's not in form he can look so ordinary it's unreal. Is it his inability to beat a man or his first touch.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm normally defending Wayne amol but today both Rooney and Wellbeck were just :(

They certainly don't play for England even to 1/5th the ability they play for United.
Tats because united have other players who can pass the ball around and have good wingers. Rooney and welbeck relied on hoofs upfield and they had scraps to feed off of, barely any chances on the ball.

finneh

Tats because united have other players who can pass the ball around and have good wingers. Rooney and welbeck relied on hoofs upfield and they had scraps to feed off of, barely any chances on the ball.
Like Young?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Don't think any player lost the ball more often than Rooney tonight. He got dispossessed too often. That's not normal for him. He saved his ass in the papers thankfully by scoring a nice penalty.

204Red

What gives? No spark, looked miserable, Carroll's touch and distribution was better. Really awful tonight.
yet another big match where he hasn`t come up with the goods

I liken Rooney and Ibra in this area... both are clearly very talented footballers who just lack that something to take them to that next level.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
There's no point in blaming others for Rooney's failures tonight. The fact is that it was his own doing. It wasn't a lack of service, it was his awful touch which can be so inconsistent at times and his inability to take the ball past players.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Rooney is now a very good finisher. Creating isn't for him. Not anymore. he is a diffeeent player now, time to dropthe memory of him being explosive and unpredictable, he still seems to have this image about him, creating unrealistic expectations.

amolbhatia50k

That's why I don't see him as a certainty for any earth team. His touch can be utter wank at times and he's not got a lot of indvidual brilliance about him. He's got other qualities but I don't see him as a front runner as far strikers in world football.

Cold_Boy

Rooney is now a very good finisher. Creating isn't for him. Not anymore. he is a diffeeent player now, time to dropthe memory of him being explosive and unpredictable, he still seems to have this image about him.
I agree with this.

Chabon

I liken Rooney and Ibra in this area... both are clearly very talented footballers who just lack that something to take them to that next level.
Comparing the two is absolutely insane. Rooney's one of the top few goalscorers in the knockout stages of the Champions League over the last six seasons, I think he comes third after the obvious two. Ibra on the other hand has scored exactly three goals at that stage in his entire career. It's a fecking ludicrous comparison, and a massive insult to Rooney.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Rooney is now a very good finisher. Creating isn't for him. Not anymore. he is a diffeeent player now, time to dropthe memory of him being explosive and unpredictable, he still seems to have this image about him, creating unrealistic expectations.
I've been a massive fan of Rooney playing in the hole and I wanted that to be where he developed as a player, but I'm starting to think myself that the out and out striker role may be where he belongs.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Comparing the two is absolutely insane. Rooney's one of the top few goalscorers in the knockout stages of the Champions League over the last six seasons, I think he comes third after the obvious two. Ibra on the other hand has scored exactly three goals at that stage in his entire career. It's a fecking ludicrous comparison, and a massive insult to Rooney.
As much as I'm a big Rooney fan, it's this sort of thing I hate. Ibrahimovic is a world class striker and one of the best in the world. He's on Rooney's level at the very least. You don't have to think he's better than him but he's up there with him. Just accept it.

amolbhatia50k

I've been a massive fan of Rooney playing in the hole and I wanted that to be where he developed as a player, but I'm starting to think myself that the out and out striker role may be where he belongs.
Agree with this. I've been convinced of this watching him over the last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.