Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
From players like Robson, Ince, Keane, scholes to an aging and spineless carrick, fellaini and a knackered striker in midfield.
The worst thing is that you can apply that logic to almost every position except goalkeeper and LW. RW used to be Beckham, Cristiano nowdays Mata and Lingard. RB Neville now Valencia and Darmian. LB Irwin, Evra now Rojo, CB Stam, Rio, Vida now Smalling, Blind etc.

We've settled for mediocre players, something I though I would never see at United.

clarkydaz

With Fellaini, he seems to be the more reserved 8, who will get on the ball and try and dictate, whilst Fellaini will be the to get forward more.

What will suit him more, though? I would like to see how he get in the 'Fellaini role', where he has more license to get into the box. Doing this, will allow us to play someone next to him who can control the game, i.e. Modric, Verratti, Rakitic, etc. That said, Rooney seems to be doing a good enough job in that position since he's been there.
guess we'll spend half of next season finding out

Art Vandelay

People can say this shoehorning thing all they want but since the turn of the years he's been one of the best in the team and fully deserves his place in the team, I get it every team has a scapegoat and Rooney is levelled with all it all with him being a senior player and being captain. But if people would actually open their eyes and watch from an objective standpoint they would see he's pretty much outperformed all our other "natural" midfielders in the last few games and the reason we didn't win today really wasn't on Rooney.
In the last few games we've played one of the worst teams in PL history, a Palace team resting most of their players that didn't give a feck, an Everton midfield consisting of Gibson and Cleverly and Leicester who he wasn't very good against and could have been sent off. From an objective standpoint he's been given a very easy ride in the last few games and hasn't outperformed anyone.

He's not a scapegoat. He's a player that's neither paid nor treated like the rest of the team. No matter how bad he plays he gets neither subbed nor dropped, his position is repeatedly changed in order to get him into the team and he is either completely inept or average at best in each position he is moved to. Yet still he continues to start every single match. It's not people looking to blame him for everything, it's people demanding that if a player is paid £300k a week, is undroppable and can't be subbed then he at the very fecking least consistently performs at a level befitting such status. Repeated spells of months of awful form and his top form being average to good simply isn't acceptable under such circumstances. He's not a good midfielder and he's not been a good enough striker to get Rashford's place, which quite simply isn't good enough from him.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I am more and more convinced he has a clause in his contract that he can't be dropped. This would fit right in some of the ridiculous decisions we have made since Fergie retired. Fergie should have sold him before he retired as ppl now at the club don't seem to have the balls to do it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't seriously be playing him in deep midfield regularly next season.

That sh!t will not stand

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am more and more convinced he has a clause in his contract that he can't be dropped. This would fit right in some of the ridiculous decisions we have made since Fergie retired. Cheers Moyes!
I am more and more convinced he has a clause in his contract that he can't be dropped. This would fit right in some of the ridiculous decisions we have made since Fergie retired. Cheers Moyes!
I am more and more convinced he has a clause in his contract that he can't be dropped. This would fit right in some of the ridiculous decisions we have made since Fergie retired. Fergie should have sold him before he retired as ppl now at the club don't seem to have the balls to do it.
we get it mate, we get it!

AkaAkuma

When he was put under pressure he managed to evade the player and push the ball into space, I though he was top class doing thIs.

psychdelicblues

His dismal attempts at chipping the goalie is now becoming a trademark, and when was the last time he actually troubled the goalkeeper let alone scored from a direct free kick? If United buy sensibly this summer then hopefully he will be phased out over the course of next season because I cannot see United challenging for titles if Rooney is starting up top or worse in midfield.

Perrick Dubois

His movement and linkup play was quality. Popping up everywhere and keeping the ball moving, I think the same licence should be given to Herrera and Schniederlin but for some reason it didn't really seem to be earlier in the season. Maybe they were just shit scared of being dropped.

Loves a chip lol.

Norwich 0:1 Man Utd

Baxter

Everyone ripping into Memphis, but Mata and Lingard are struggling and the main reason is Rooney. Absolutely pathetic performance. Hasn't pressed or made any movement to the channels or in behind. Standing up in line with the defence waiting for something to come for him. The players behind him are doing feck all but it would be helpful if they had someone to play off.

m1y2

by far the worst player in our team past season, yet commentators praise him for a good run instead of critisizing for a bad touch or zero effort throughout, having in the squad this piece of shit just drives me crazy, we would have another 7 better players with his wages, just crazy how deep we have fallen. Best captain in United history

Manny

Grammar Police
Everyone ripping into Memphis, but Mata and Lingard are struggling and the main reason is Rooney. Absolutely pathetic performance. Hasn't pressed or made any movement to the channels or in behind. Standing up in line with the defence waiting for something to come for him. The players behind him are doing feck all but it would be helpful if they had someone to play off.
100% spot on.

Lingard, Memphis and Mata have been poor but Rooney is the multiplier.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
He doesn't have the confidence to show for the ball when playing up top any more. He's fine when acting busy and spraying passes thinking he's Scholes while in acres of space, but up top he is back to his silent domination ways.

settembrini

The commentators spend the whole time moaning about the lack of pace and movement upfront but they absolutely refuse to name Rooney as the culprit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It says it all, that with Rashford and Martial out there was a real panic of, heck who is going up front.

Before that slow realisation that we do have a chap who is only 5 off our record all time goalscorer!

It's worrying though, as I'm pretty sure Rooney couldn't outrun/head/strength me, so against some of these pacy brutes no wonder he makes little impact

NinjaFletch

He doesn't:

Work
Hold the ball up
Run
Have any ability whatsoever
Pass the ball well

Yet is still the first name on the team sheet. Crying shame that Fergie saw this coming but we still have to put up with his rubbish.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Stats

Shots - 0
Passes - 10
Failed passes - 3. All under 5 yards.
Chances created - 1. A 3 yard lay off to Memphis.
Tackles - 0
Aerial duels - 0 from 2
Ball recoveries - 0
Take ons - 0

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Why are we resting players with three games left? We haven't played in one week yet need to rest the only good striker we have...?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
3 minutes into the game commentators started making excuses for him that he is too isolated up front. And people wonder why some here don't like him. There isn't one commentator that will criticise him one bit, but just blame others because he is shit.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's in semi-retirement, and that's not even a dig.

Ash_G

Standard Rooney really. Playing deeper where he's not under pressure he can use the ball nicely, but higher up the pitch where players are on him quick, he struggles. Only people it's a surprise to is LVG and pundits who just repeat what they've been saying about him all his career regardless of his actual performances.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
When will people fecking realise that he isn't good enough. We have a load of other busted flushes but they are dispensable.
Not a single attempt to stretch play and give the midfielders behind him something to work with. Sick of this shit.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I will quickly lose interest in the next campaign if I still keep seeing him in our starting lineup regardless of who the manager is.

Art Vandelay

World class hold up play. A lesser player would have given up on it, he more or less bounced the ball in off Mata's foot such is the genius of our Wayne the footballing god.

Sarcasm obviously.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He's been awful today, just awful. He did well for the goal though.

Red Stone

Getting abuse for an assist. The Caf sometimes :lol:

That being said, it was so obvious he was desperate to score it himself. He has nothing left of the skills that would buy him the necessary time and space in the box back in the day. He must be one of the easiest strikers to mark out of a game in the league. Good on him for managing to get the pass off and even better of Mata to be where he needed to be.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Rooney was one of our worst players today yet managed to assist the goal and put Morgan into great chance which latter really should've scored.

But overall he was really poor, Martial and Rashford MUST stay up-front!

Status
Not open for further replies.