Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Indeed. That wasn't a complete mismatch at all.
Regardless of size, he completely misread the ball and ended up under it. If he was touch tight at least he'd have been a deterrent. As it was, Rooney's man had a completely free header 6 yards out.

Edit: as I type Rooney beats Dier to a header. Was that a mismatch?

GrandJury

He's a living example of why you should always hang up your boots with people asking for more.

He's shocking.

pacifictheme

Regardless of size, he completely misread the ball and ended up under it. If he was touch tight at least he'd have been a deterrent. As it was, Rooney's man had a completely free header 6 yards out.

Edit: as I type Rooney beats Dier to a header. Was that a mismatch?
Rooneys an attacker, rather than defender, so hes better at making a run to a cross than defending one. Surely you can understand that?

The fault for that goal lies in the 2 on 1 for the cross. No one tracks the bloke who crosses the ball in. Total shambles out wide.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
McTominay would surely be a better option in midfield. Much bigger and more mobile. To hell with experience.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Rooneys an attacker, rather than defender, so hes better at making a run to a cross than defending one. Surely you can understand that?

The fault for that goal lies in the 2 on 1 for the cross. No one tracks the bloke who crosses the ball in. Total shambles out wide.
We can go back as far as we want. When a ball is put into the box I want our team to mark and track their man adequately. Rooney didn't and his man scored. Its that simple.

lopiop

Wearing the Captain armband and all that. What leadership does he bring? :confused:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Might be an idea just to throw him on for 10 mins at the end of the remaining PL games. The more he starts the worse it gets for him PR wise.... don't believe anyone will take him...

pacifictheme

We can go back as far as we want. When a ball is put into the box I want our team to mark and track their man adequately. Rooney didn't and his man scored. Its that simple.
Well. The cross. Literally the pass that makes the goal.

Once you let the cross in you're at risk. Rooney was poor but the bigger issue was no one at all covering the bloke who was unmarked by about 20 feet to make the cross. Luckily for his marker, hes so far away from the player we have no idea whos to blame. So lets pile in on rooney for a change!

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He shouldn't be getting any minutes at this level any more. He'd look out of place playing walking football.

Sylar

A lot of excuses being made for somebody that was either assigned or found himself on the man that ended up scoring.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Not much of a mismatch. Rooney was just shit, and can barely jump.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the back of Rooney, I really can't. I don't talk about any other United players this way but he can feck off. The two times we relied on him most and he held us to ransom both times. Don't care how many goals he has scored, won't remember him fondly.

pacifictheme

A lot of excuses being made for somebody that was either assigned or found himself on the man that ended up scoring.
And yet the bloke who was supposed to track / mark the crosser and didn't gets away scott free!

Status
Not open for further replies.