5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home&Away

Absolutely love him. Well funny how people will talk day and night about roy Keane and he regressed quicker than wayne did tbf.

Even though there were some odd moments - wayne is a legend and that 30 million ages ago seems like pennies now.

Djemba-Djemba

Absolutely love him. Well funny how people will talk day and night about roy Keane and he regressed quicker than wayne did tbf.

Even though there were some odd moments - wayne is a legend and that 30 million ages ago seems like pennies now.
No he didn't.

Roy Keanes last game for Utd he bossed Gerrard before going off injured.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No he didn't.

Roy Keanes last game for Utd he bossed Gerrard before going off injured.
Was a lot easier for us to hide Keane decline by moving to a 4-5-1 and putting extra legs in the midfield around him, you obviously can't do that for a striker

Minimalist

If he gets the winner, deflecting an off-target shot into the net, off his fat arse or even off his poor hair transplant noggin I'll be fecking delighted all the same!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I for one miss typing ROOOOOOONNNNNEEEEYYY! in the matchthread like we often did a few years back. Would love for it to end that way, unlikely as it is.
I miss chanting "Rooney Rooney" without feeling bad about it. It's just not the same anymore. :(

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hope he scores to make it 3-0 for us :drool:. Miss the days when there were only praises for him in the match day thread

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Perfect scenario tonight, comfortably leading and Rooney comes on for last 10 and bows out with a goal.

I know...dreamer!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He might have actually I'm not sure.

What I am certain of though is that Roy Keane did not decline as quickly as Rooney.
I remember it as it was such a strange last game. A 0-0 at Anfield midseason and playing at the back.

Agree on the decline part though. There's no way Keane would have lasted in centre mid at that time for years way off his peak.

All in though, it's quite a sad thing seeing the end come. I'd only just started at my company when he arrived at Old Trafford, so have almost only ever worked knowing him as a United player.

Ajax 0:2 Man Utd

I think it could be significant him being brought on and getting the Captains armband for the last minute of the game. His send off.

Kag

Tell you what, if that's his last game then good on him. I've battered him for what must be years now, but what a brilliant way to go out.

simmee

Legend! Some fantastic memories over the years. I still look at the Rooney-Ronaldo counter-attack against Bolton once in a while (and it still gives me a boner).

Dumbat12

He's a legend but he has to go. We can't have one more season of preferring sentimentality over logic. Next time we won't be so lucky.

Brophs

The One and Only
Nice way to finish things here, if that is what's going to happen. Rather than focussing on the last few years, the good times were really bloody good. Easy to forget that.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Nice way to finish things here, if that is what's going to happen. Rather than focussing on the last few years, the good times were really bloody good. Easy to forget that.
Was gonna say the same, for all the grief I've given him over the last few years it was nice to see him come in for a few minutes and lift that trophy.

The time has come for him to step away but fecking hell he was amazing for a long long time.

AXVnee7

Was watching this in a bar, and that tackle at the end had everyone going nuts. Even more than when we scored both goals!

Status
Not open for further replies.