5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Chuffed for him. Whatever happens next season he can be proud of his contribution to our club and the medals and accolades that come with it. Won't be the disaster that some people are desperate to make out if he stays on next year in the same role. Definitely provided a healthy amount of important and telling contributions over the season with reduced minutes.
Most definitely.

How you doing anyway, mate?

PM me.

Zii

Really hope he stays. Feel like I'm the only one that knows how important it is to keep hold of legends.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Really hope he stays. Feel like I'm the only one that knows how important it is to keep hold of legends.
You'll probably get hounded out of here by the growing Rooney hate mob.

He isn't the player he once was (not even close) but I do think that he gets a lot of unwarranted abuse.

He's been used as a squad player this season and I'd be happy to keep him on next season in the same role as long as it doesn't interfere with us purchasing new players.

Dante

Average bang
If you don't believe in sentimentality in football, why the feck are you supporting a football team at all? Tying your emotions to how well United perform is an entirely irrational thing to do anyway. And if you're only doing it for the reflected glory, I pity you.

Rooney has demonstrably done more for the club than just about any other player. I wouldn't begrudge him staying at all. Yes, I'm sentimental. That's what being a football fan is about.

His numbers show that he's not hurting us, so it's not like that sentimentality is counterproductive, either. And we're rich, bi-atch. The money doesn't matter.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If you don't believe in sentimentality in football, why the feck are you supporting a football team at all? Tying your emotions to how well United perform is an entirely irrational thing to do anyway. And if you're only doing it for the reflected glory, I pity you.

Rooney has demonstrably done more for the club than just about any other player. I wouldn't begrudge him staying at all. Yes, I'm sentimental. That's what being a football fan is about.

His numbers show that he's not hurting us, so it's not like that sentimentality is counterproductive, either. And we're rich, bi-atch. The money doesn't matter.
The sentiment was spoiled for me by his transfer request. Why should I be loyal to a player who is only loyal to our accountants? It doesn't help that since then, he has declined massively and been a burden, he clearly hasn't taken care of himself either and to be honest I'm just sick of the sight of him.

Tony Valencia, now there's an example to follow. Absolutely top class professional and the sort of example we should be celebrating.

AndyJ1985

Thankfully the minority of you who are daft enough to want him to stay, won't get your wish. Being happy for us to become a retirement home for over the hill players, and being happy to pay an absurd amount of money in the process, just because we're rich, is beyond stupid.

Dante

Average bang
The sentiment was spoiled for me by his transfer request. Why should I be loyal to a player who is only loyal to our accountants? It doesn't help that since then, he has declined massively and been a burden, he clearly hasn't taken care of himself either and to be honest I'm just sick of the sight of him.

Tony Valencia, now there's an example to follow. Absolutely top class professional and the sort of example we should be celebrating.
The transfer request was a negotiating tactic from his agent. Rooney doesn't pay his people hundreds of thousands of pounds and then go over their heads with his own ideas about how to get his next contract. It was Stretford who decided what to do. The agents pull all the strings, particularly when it comes to the media.

As stated above, Rooney could have got huge money elsewhere if he'd wanted to. But he chose to stay at United.

I love Valencia. But I also love Rooney. I'm not petty about players wanting to earn big money or chase success. Those are worthwhile targets. But when someone like Ronaldo tells us he wants to go to Real because he simply likes them better than us.. well, he can feck off. He's far more worthy of United fans' ire, but Rooney seems to take the brunt of it despite staying.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Thank God both club and player appear to accept it's best to part ways.

Ram1fy

The transfer request was a negotiating tactic from his agent. Rooney doesn't pay his people hundreds of thousands of pounds and then go over their heads with his own ideas about how to get his next contract. It was Stretford who decided what to do. The agents pull all the strings, particularly when it comes to the media.

As stated above, Rooney could have got huge money elsewhere if he'd wanted to. But he chose to stay at United.

I love Valencia. But I also love Rooney. I'm not petty about players wanting to earn big money or chase success. Those are worthwhile targets. But when someone like Ronaldo tells us he wants to go to Real because he simply likes them better than us.. well, he can feck off. He's far more worthy of United fans' ire, but Rooney seems to take the brunt of it despite staying.
You are talking sense in a Wayne Rooney thread. Dangerous tactic my friend. Same people who think Rooney is a traitor will kiss Ronaldo's and De Gea's ass. If that's not hypocrisy and glory hunting, I don't know what is.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Anyone thinking that having a Championship level player being paid ridiculous salaries is not hurting us then should have his head tested. Players aren't stupid and if they feel that they are carrying our 200k+ a week player then they expect to be paid the same as him.

Also he was caught binge drinking and gambling. Rooney is nowadays a lousy player and a lousier poster boy

Last edited:

Devil may care

Keeping a player who isn't good enough is silly no matter what excuse you make, it takes away from having a quality option on the bench to bring on a change the game, rather than trotting out a worn down has-been who struggles to get about the pitch and control the ball.

Rossa

Keeping a player who isn't good enough is silly no matter what excuse you make, it takes away from having a quality option on the bench to bring on a change the game, rather than trotting out a worn down has-been who struggles to get about the pitch and control the ball.
I find myself agreeing with you too much today, but 100% agree.

He isn't good enough technically or tactically, and with his legs gone, lack of dribbling and a long shot long gone, I see absolutely no point in having him. If he has a good influence in the dressing room, I'd rather we sign Rio and just have him greet everyone in half time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rooney probably thinks he can still cut it at this level for a few seasons, and can do his abroad sightseeing move later

NoPace

Stoke ready to offer 45 m for him? Have they not watched him play the last three to four years? Brilliant for us that would be!
My guess is that number includes salary and it's closer to 15M for United, 30M over 3 years for Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.