5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostie007

I'm hoping Jose is just being political about Rooney. If he truly believes he can trust him to deliver, then we will not be winning the league. We will all be hoping to make top four like the last couple of seasons.
That's true.

We need to realise to truly move onto a new era, we need to put the Rooney and SAF era behind us once and for all. And that means selling Rooney..

I think we will have a few more years of mediocrity before we learn that lesson, though.. sadly.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't give a shite about what he says. Don't think Mourinho does too.
Do the business or feck off.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
That's true.

We need to realise to truly move onto a new era, we need to put the Rooney and SAF era behind us once and for all. And that means selling Rooney..

I think we will have a few more years of mediocrity before we learn that lesson, though.. sadly.
I'm hoping not. I don't believe we can afford this for too much longer. Surely someone at the club (who matters) must realise how detrimental Rooney is to us moving forward? I also hate that he doesn't take responsibility for his shit performances. It's always someone else's fault. LVG partly, and foolishly, sacrificed his goddamn job on making Rooney untouchable, and all he can do is have a cheap dig at the man. He's awful.
Now it's probably Jose's turn and I'm not looking forward to any fall outs. It will surely disrupt the season if Jose is actually into Rooney. I bloody well hope Jose knows what he's doing.

00ivatsa

Some comments here seem so salty. Every manager has praised Rooney and I'm sure they understand more about football than some random football fans on a football forum.

Adisa

Some comments here seem so salty. Every manager has praised Rooney and I'm sure they understand more about football than some random football fans on a football forum.
Managers up and down the country were still praising Gerrard even when everyone knew he was on his last legs. They're not going to insult him and say he's finished. If you can't accept that Rooney is in decline then no one can help you.

saivet

It's been brought up earlier and I still don't understand why Rooney always wears those long sleeve compression tops. Those things get warm most of the time, let alone in the crazy heat in China, yet this guy always wears them. Players wearing vests and this guy has a compression top under his training top. Baffling.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
It's been brought up earlier and I still don't understand why Rooney always wears those long sleeve compression tops. Those things get warm most of the time, let alone in the crazy heat in China, yet this guy always wears them. Players wearing vests and this guy has a compression top under his training top. Baffling.
I think he just doesnt want to show his pale, fleshy and hairy arm, it's not a nice sight for as far I can remember.

dichinero

He has to hide that cellulite from the fitness coach!

Art Vandelay

I used to wear long sleeved tops while playing even in the summer for the simple reason I could use the sleeves to dry the sweat on my forehead and keep it out of my eyes. It's probably just something as simple as that or covering tattoos.

00ivatsa

And the best of them wanted to sell him just before he decided to retire.
While he is the best manager ever, he made loads of mistakes at the end of his career. Pogba, Moyes, Bebe, not willing to pay enough money for Hazard, not getting a proper CM for years and a few more, but I don't want to continue as it is not my intention to discredit Sir Alex.

Him and Rooney had personal issues so no wonder SAF wanted him gone at the time. I'm sure they have buried whatever feud they had between themselves, since I haven't heard either of them speak bad about the other. Rooney even said recently it was playing under the best manager that made him come to United from Everton.

00ivatsa

Managers up and down the country were still praising Gerrard even when everyone knew he was on his last legs. They're not going to insult him and say he's finished. If you can't accept that Rooney is in decline then no one can help you.
Gerrard was 35. Rooney is 30 years old and still has lots to offer to the team.

Siddharth

Maybe he thinks he looks better that way.

Adisa

It is possible for a player in decline still having something to offer. Or you want to tell me Rooney is still in his peak?

Siddharth

While he is the best manager ever, he made loads of mistakes at the end of his career. Pogba, Moyes, Bebe, not willing to pay enough money for Hazard, not getting a proper CM for years and a few more, but I don't want to continue as it is not my intention to discredit Sir Alex.

Him and Rooney had personal issues so no wonder SAF wanted him gone at the time. I'm sure they have buried whatever feud they had between themselves, since I haven't heard either of them speak bad about the other. Rooney even said recently it was playing under the best manager that made him come to United from Everton.
Rooney has not exactly proven SAF wrong. If anything, it has shown to majority of us his best days are behind him. Emergence of Rashford and brilliance of Martial has shown that it was Rooney who was the problem upfront.
But Mourinho would certainly give him a fair chance at number 10 by the looks of things.

saivet

I used to wear long sleeved tops while playing even in the summer for the simple reason I could use the sleeves to dry the sweat on my forehead and keep it out of my eyes. It's probably just something as simple as that or covering tattoos.
The thing is he's not even wearing long sleeve tops, but short sleeves with a long sleeve compression top underneath.

I guess, I do something similar. I always wear a vest underneath if I'm playing football wearing a football shirt, to prevent nipple burn. Would probably be fine now, but those Sunday league shirts I used to wear when I was younger were uncomfortable as feck.
Maybe he thinks he looks better that way.
Maybe he does, I think I look better with them on. But if I have one on and it's even close to 15 degrees, I'm struggling as I'm too warm. Guys been wearing them in 40 degrees. Just really struggling to understand how he can be comfortable wearing them in such heat.

Art Vandelay

What a great job Rooney has done of proving that it was all Sir Alex holding a grudge and nothing at all to do with him not being good enough any more. He's put him right in his place with his masterful performances across several positions removing all doubts about his abilities and waning physical state. He's well and truly shown him what's what. What being that he was 100% right to throw him under the bus.

Siddharth

Gerrard was a midfielder by trade, Rooney is a striker whose job is to get us goals. And Gerrard was absolutely adored by Liverpool fans. Rooney has more of a transactional relationship with United fans; which is United fans would support him as long as he performs.
And standard of both clubs are also different. We expect our club to win PL or CL every year. Or atleast challenge.

00ivatsa

What a great job Rooney has done of proving that it was all Sir Alex holding a grudge and nothing at all to do with him not being good enough any more. He's put him right in his place with his masterful performances across several positions removing all doubts about his abilities and waning physical state. He's well and truly shown him what's what. What being that he was 100% right to throw him under the bus.
Yes, Rooney has been shite while the club was winning every trophy possible. It's not like we have been playing rubbish football since Sir Alex retired. :rolleyes:

Art Vandelay

The thing is he's not even wearing long sleeve tops, but short sleeves with a long sleeve compression top underneath.

I guess, I do something similar. I always wear a vest underneath if I'm playing football wearing a football shirt, to prevent nipple burn. Would probably be fine now, but those Sunday league shirts I used to wear when I was younger were uncomfortable as feck.

Maybe he does, I think I look better with them on. But if I have one on and it's even close to 15 degrees, I'm struggling as I'm too warm. Guys been wearing them in 40 degrees. Just really struggling to understand how he can be comfortable wearing them in such heat.
You're awfully preoccupied with his sleeves. :lol:

I don't think long sleeves make that much difference anyway, those tops are designed to vent anyway are they not? Maybe underneath he actually doesn't have the top on and is just wearing the sleeves to mess with your mind.

Silas

Yes, Rooney has been shite while the club was winning every trophy possible. It's not like we have been playing rubbish football since Sir Alex retired. :rolleyes:
Do you actually watch matches or just the highlights?

00ivatsa

Gerrard was a midfielder by trade, Rooney is a striker whose job is to get us goals. And Gerrard was absolutely adored by Liverpool fans. Rooney has more of a transactional relationship with United fans; which is United fans would support him as long as he performs.
And standard of both clubs are also different. We expect our club to win PL or CL every year. Or atleast challenge.
To be perfectly honest, I don't give two shits about L'pool or Gerrard. I care about Manchester United and its players, especially the ones that have brought me so much joy and unforgettable moments.

Art Vandelay

It's not like Rooney has been the undroppable constant during that spell with the team being built around him and him being moved all over in an attempt to get something out of him while he delivered nothing. Oh wait, it is like that.

00ivatsa

It is possible for a player in decline still having something to offer. Or you want to tell me Rooney is still in his peak?
It is possible for a player to reinvent himself and still play a huge part of a team's success, yes.

Art Vandelay

To be perfectly honest, I don't give two shits about L'pool or Gerrard. I care about Manchester United and its players, especially the ones that have brought me so much joy and unforgettable moments.
Well then you have youtube or MUTV to watch old matches because that Rooney is gone and you're deluding yourself if you think he can recapture that form.

00ivatsa

It's not like Rooney has been the undroppable constant during that spell with the team being built around him and him being moved all over in an attempt to get something out of him while he delivered nothing. Oh wait, it is like that.
So now it is all Rooney's fault and Moyes, LVG and the rest are all blameless? You are so bitter, it actually hurts my eyes reading your comments.

Art Vandelay

So now it is all Rooney's fault and Moyes, LVG and the rest are all blameless? You are so bitter, it actually hurts my eyes reading your comments.
No, it's his fault he's been shit under two different managers. How is that hard to understand? You're absolving someone that often can't even control the ball and that had lengthy spells of poor form under Sir Alex of all blame because we had two bad managers. It's not bitter to say someone that's been woeful for several seasons is woeful it's saying what you see. Are you going to play the agenda card next followed by the club legend card?

Sammyjunn

How wasnt getting a proper cm a mistake as he still won the league with ease?

00ivatsa

Well then you have youtube or MUTV to watch old matches because that Rooney is gone and you're deluding yourself if you think he can recapture that form.
No, it's his fault he's been shit under two different managers. How is that hard to understand? You're absolving someone that often can't even control the ball and that had lengthy spells of poor form under Sir Alex of all blame because we had two bad managers. It's not bitter to say someone that's been woeful for several seasons is woeful it's saying what you see. Are you going to play the agenda card next followed by the club legend card?
Long spells of poor form under Sir Alex Ferguson? You are both bitter and delusional.

Art Vandelay

Long spells of poor form under Sir Alex Ferguson? You are both bitter and delusional.
Sorry, I apologise. Wayne Rooney is the standard bearer for all footballers, he has never had any spells of poor form and has always been brilliant. Sir Alex was a cretinous bitter moron for wanting rid of him and we should all be glad that he's undroppable for he is perfect in several positions and we could do no better. We should give him another new contract but we are too foolish and undeserving of him. All hail Wayne Mark Rooney for he is a miracle. Have that for some delusion.

Someone's already asked you if you actually watch our matches. I feel the need to ask it again, do you?

00ivatsa

Sorry, I apologise. Wayne Rooney is the standard bearer for all footballers, he has never had any spells of poor form and has always been brilliant. Sir Alex was a cretinous bitter moron for wanting rid of him and we should all be glad that he's undroppable for he is perfect in several positions and we could do no better. We should give him another new contract but we are too foolish and undeserving of him. All hail Wayne Mark Rooney for he is a miracle. Have that for some delusion.

Someone's already asked you if you actually watch our matches. I feel the need to ask it again, do you?
Do you and that other guy feel the need to ask me this question because my location states I'm not British? Your aggressive sarcasm achieves nothing but proving my point.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Its not just that though, a Captain should know the culture of the club relatively well, have already established a rapport with the other players and understands the gravity of things like rivalries and how to handle the usual refs. Zlatan's been here 5 minutes.
If honestly rather have Rooney as captain that Zlatan too.

But Rooney should only be starting based on form.

Art Vandelay

Do you and that other guy feel the need to ask me this question because my location states I'm not British? Your aggressive sarcasm achieves nothing but proving my point.
You've been asked it because you are stating things that don't seem to have much in common with what's actually been happening on the pitch for several years now. It doesn't matter where you're from that's a moot point given the availability of the PL. He's been poor for several years yet you seem to be in denial as if you haven't actually seen him. Rooney has been given far more leeway than any other player for years and yet has still consistently failed to deliver.

Sammyjunn

It was a mistake for the long-term future of the club. It also deprived us of 1 or 2 more CLs.
It was a mistake from Moyes not to sign Thiago/Strootman straight away. He fannied about, Ferguson didnt need a "proper midfielder" to buildna great team. A midfielder wouldnt make us beat Barca who were simply the best ever, we'd even beat Real Madrid without this "proper midfielder" if it wasnt for a arbitral mistake. He made some mistakes but this midfield thing is something that fans cried for more than it actually was a problem. Our midfield back then creates even more and was far more stable than now with all these proper midfielders like Herrera, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger....

dichinero

Nice try bud, but you are not as convincing that said "Rooney should be the first name in the squad because only him can score a goal like he did against Newcastle"
:lol:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Rooney founds his daddy now!

You dont feck around with Mourinho. He eats casillas for breakfast while still winning the league.
If you can't live without the over the top Mourinho love-in, then at least get your facts right. The only time Mourinho won the league with RM Casillas played all but 1 league games.

After that and also last year as Mourinho found out you also don't just feck around with the players otherwise they won't perform for you.
There are many ways to deal with issues and Mourinho has few times chosen the wrong way and made things worse.

It will be interesting to see how he deals with Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.