Wayne Rooney | Sacked as Birmingham City Manager

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
They just keep going. They need a mini miracle but they have been amazing.

lsd

The Oracle
Beat top of the table Fulham.

4 more wins needed :nervous:

He has done a great job in what has been a terrible situation with finances and not knowing if anyone will save the club.

The players are clearly playing out of their skin for him which says a lot for him as a manager.

If he keeps Derby up he should win every manager of the year award

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Only 4 games to go and unless reading completely implode the chances of them staying up is well zero, what a shame he did a fabulous job , shame that he and his team don't get to reap the rewards of their hard work.

This miracle story was hit with a cold sting of reality, wonder if he'll try to promote them next season or not.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am not that smart, so can someone explain to me. What's the logic of giving a team that has entrered administration a massive points deduction and essentially relegating them?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Will be interesting to follow him wherever he ends up next season. Can't imagine it will be with Derby.

phelans shorts

I am not that smart, so can someone explain to me. What's the logic of giving a team that has entrered administration a massive points deduction and essentially relegating them?
The concept is spending beyond means gave them an advantage so they’re removing that, reality is the punishment comes when the big earners have already left and it leaves the club an absolute wreck unless they’re very lucky with new owners.

I don’t know what the answer is but I don’t think it’s a fitting punishment, personally.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
punishment
The people responsible are long gone.
The concept is spending beyond means gave them an advantage so they’re removing that, reality is the punishment comes when the big earners have already left and it leaves the club an absolute wreck unless they’re very lucky with new owners.

I don’t know what the answer is but I don’t think it’s a fitting punishment, personally.
It doesn't make sense to me. Why make it more difficult for clubs to recover financially?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

It was in the wake of a Football League club going into Administration at a rate of what seemed like 1 a week in the wake of the ITV Digital deal collapsing. There needed to be some form of tangible punishment for clubs spending beyond their means recklessly and then getting bailed out by administrators.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If I was Rooney I’d ride this wave a little longer and try and bring them straight back up next season. It should be easy enough as they’re far too good for League 1.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Other the could be Chelsea and have the fecking government protect their club from shit owners for no other reason than being as big club
Situation is completely different.

One was run by incompetent people with the issue being created by themselves.

The other is a club that wasn’t punished, the owner was punished. The club is a victim and the government is trying to prevent ruin from that.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If I was Rooney I’d ride this wave a little longer and try and bring them straight back up next season. It should be easy enough as they’re far too good for League 1.
He's only 36, plenty of time to do that, then have a crack at Championship before moving on if he wants.

cyberman

Situation is completely different.

One was run by incompetent people with the issue being created by themselves.

The other is a club that wasn’t punished, the owner was punished. The club is a victim and the government is trying to prevent ruin from that.
But neither are the clubs fault, one club actually embraced Roman and are being shielded from the consequences of that while Derby got fecked over by everyone without any leeway at all.
Oh here’s 30m to stop you from going into administration. By the way, feck you Derby…

phelans shorts

It was in the wake of a Football League club going into Administration at a rate of what seemed like 1 a week in the wake of the ITV Digital deal collapsing. There needed to be some form of tangible punishment for clubs spending beyond their means recklessly and then getting bailed out by administrators.
I’m entirely aware of all of this. I still disagree with it because it’s rearranging deckchairs on the titanic, especially since ITV Digital was not the clubs fault. It’s an entirely stupid move to make it look like the governing bodies are doing something good whilst actually doing absolutely nothing to help anyone.

miked99

They're not gonna make it sadly, but it's been a magnificent effort. Rooney has done a quite brilliant job.

I remember reading shortly before the season started that they had seven players at the club. To even get them this far is some achievement .

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If he decides to leave, what's next for him?

Take on a better championship team or hope a bottom half Premier League side comes calling?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If he decides to leave, what's next for him?

Take on a better championship team or hope a bottom half Premier League side comes calling?
I'd prefer if he takes a job at a mid table/ lower mid table PL team.

There's little point of taking over a chapionship job, getting the side promoted and inevitably getting sacked, because every year 2 of the teams that come up are basically yoyo clubs

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Heartbreaking to concede on a counter after playing quite well

Ahmer Baig

They were doomed from the word go. Deducted 21 points...hard to survive.

Not only that,they weren't allowed to make transfers,they can only get players on loan and only if payment won't be involved in the loan deal.

Idxomer

He should definitely find a team in the championship, he already proved he could handle this level.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
There will be some good championship sides looking for managers. Burnley, Watford, West Brom should all be in the market and will have a chance of going up.

Depending on the buyer he could probably bring them back up at the first time of asking as well, he's got a lot of options.

pascell

I hope wherever he goes next, he chooses a club/chairman who'll buy into his plan for the next 3-5 years and will back him in the transfer market, that'll be where we'll see what Rooney is made of.

Hope the next club allows him to build a team because so far we've seen that he can motivate a team who's backs are against the wall, it'll be interesting to see how he builds team and how they handle being in situations like a title/promotion race.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This breaks my heart, the whole point deduction debacle seems so vindictive and counter intuitive.
They sure did put up a fight though, very admirable. Good luck in whatever he chooses to do next.

crossy1686

career ending
In Britain, there’s this overwhelming desire to punish mistakes and make the whole situation worse for those involved.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Derby have played some great football this season, hopefully some of the young players stick it out next season and they can rebuild, however I cannot see Rooney there with them.

He will be highly sought after and I am sure another high end championship or low end premiership team will want him.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Says he wants to stick to rebuild the club if the takeover happens quickly.
Increases my already massive respect for him, can become a cult hero over there if he manages to get them to bounce back immediately.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
He doesn’t look a healthy man. Worry for him a bit.

Champ

He doesn’t look a healthy man. Worry for him a bit.
Qué?

Looks like a manager who has struggled against all the odds for nearly a year and still hasn't seen the back of it.

Tiber

I know a lot of United fans don't like Rooney, but I think he is great

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't think he could've done any better given the circumstances.

If he stays on I hope he can get a quick promotion

Champ

I know a lot of United fans don't like Rooney, but I think he is great
Great words.

He really does seem to have something about him.