Wayne Rooney inducted into the Premier League hall of fame

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The amount of stick Rooney got in his latter years with us, suprised everything is so positive in here. But i absolutely loved him, one of the most unselfish players to wear the shirt. The level of sacrifice he gave us, playing in every position rather than being an out and out striker, he was so damn good we needed him everywhere.
Well I could list several things I didn’t like about him, so could others I am sure, but this is not the thread for this. He 100% deserves to be among the first few inductees.

PSV

Aguero and Terry are nailed on but the other four places could go to any of them.
It's going to be Fowler (Liverpool fans), Wright (Arsenal fans) and Terry (Chelsea fans). Kompany vs Agüero could be either one of them I think.

The last two slots could end up ours, but Le Tissier/Les Ferdinand could get in if their fans rally, a one-club man and a 6-club man, actually not sure which one is most beneficial here.

Remember it's a fan vote.

Frank Grimes

Was formed last year. First two inductees were Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry with Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, David Beckham, Dennis Bergkamp, Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard closing 2021's lot.

Six of the players in the tweet below will be in this year's:

Aguero and Terry are nailed on but the other four places could go to any of them.
Scholes is a certain pick for me.

Scholes
Schmeichel
Terry
Aguero
Ashley Cole
Le Tissier

were my picks.

Impossible not to leave out someone you want in.

Ahmer Baig

Was formed last year. First two inductees were Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry with Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, David Beckham, Dennis Bergkamp, Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard closing 2021's lot.

All of these nominations for the Hall of Fame and still no Denis Irwin is shocking!

Should have been one of the first inducted

Craig Ward

Well deserved.

A truly wonderful player, he had it all. technique, drive, determination, ability.

He'd play in any position and do a job, a team player with that unique will to always want to win.

Absolute legend

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It's going to be Fowler (Liverpool fans), Wright (Arsenal fans) and Terry (Chelsea fans). Kompany vs Agüero could be either one of them I think.

The last two slots could end up ours, but Le Tissier/Les Ferdinand could get in if their fans rally, a one-club man and a 6-club man, actually not sure which one is most beneficial here.

Remember it's a fan vote.
It isn't purely fan based.

How will the additional six inductees be selected from the 25-man shortlist?
The additional six inductees will be decided by a combination of public vote and votes from the Premier League Awards Panel.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Like a force of nature between the time we signed him and 2012. After that he became ,strangely, soft.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

Scholes should be picked as the next inductee before them two. It is pretty shocking that he wasn't already picked before Gerrard and Lampard to be honest. I find it ridiculous that a player that never even won the PL was picked before Scholes who won 11 PL titles.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I felt the hate he got towards the end of his time here was a bit unfair.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
what a player. Well deserved. Wonder if we will ever see a player like him again?

RedDevil@84

Scholes, Schmeichel, Vidic will be my biased choice. Not sure who should be fourth.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Wonder where he would have ended up had SAF nurtured and prioritised him as he did Ronaldo. He was unfortunate to be sidelined by that freak of nature. Remember the angry volley after not getting a freekick. Over the moon, we've got the Roon!

tentan

Poor man's poster.
How did the likes of Gerrard and Lampard get in first ahead of Scholes?

Blood Mage

He never seemed to be appreciated as much as he should have been. A simply incredible footballer and a force of nature.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
All of these nominations for the Hall of Fame and still no Denis Irwin is shocking!

Should have been one of the first inducted
Why would Denis Irwin be in a PL hall of fame? He was an excellent player for us but he was pretty much a run of the mill fullback. He’s massively over hyped since SAF made his comments on him. I watched him Week in week out and never came away from a single game thinking ‘Denis Irwin wow he was unbelievable today’ .

That 94 team was a proper team but the likes of Bruce, Pallister, Schmeichel, Ince, Hughes, Giggs and Kanchelskis have at least as much of an argument as Irwin.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He could have been the best striker in the world if he didnt shag a granny.
Hmm im not sure that was the reason. Unless she sucked the life-force out of him. Which given how Rooney looks you might actually be onto something.

AdNani

i had an argument in twitter with someone who said that Kane was better at dropping deep and passing than Rooney, which i find ridiculous. He's a far better footballer than Kane, albeit kane is a better goal scorer

jem

I loved watching the young, explosive forward version of Rooney, who ran at defenders and smashed the ball straight into the top corner and who loved going for chipping the keeper.

The all-rounded version that Sir Alex moulded him into was just as good but not as fun to watch. I miss the days when he smashed full volleys in against Boro and particularly Newcastle.
I agree - that being said it was incredible how he tailored his game: his 2009-10 season, when he suddenly turned into a top-notch header of the ball, was just incredible to witness.

jem

Thoroughly deserved. He was a great player.

Special mention for the chip on David James, it even brought a wry smile from him as it sailed over his head.

His top-10 goal compilation will be up there with the very best. Just off the top of my head: screamer against Newcastle; the volley in that same season against Boro; the bicycle against City; the chip over James; his first goal for Everton; his goals from inside his own half (one for United; one for Everton); the freekick against City (we were getting destroyed but what a goal); the one where he and Ronaldo went the length of the pitch; the winner against Milan (always underrated I felt, the way he shot so quickly on the turn.)

Absolute legend of a player.

Green_Red

We all know the true premier league hall of fame, they can induct the players whatever way they want but ultimately winners medals dictate who the real hall of famers are.

arnie_ni

If it was being done correctly the only 2 non United players in the first 10 should have been Shearer and Henry.

m1tch

Great, some more American rubbish has come our way in the form of a Hall of Fame. Most cringe thing since xG stats, wonder what we'll get next.